Sign in to follow this  
Jammy Yellow

Rickys on his way out...

Noise on the grapevine tells me that RVW is being looked at by Vitoria Setubal in the portugese league. They kept up by the skin of the teeth this season and will finance the move with what little they get by keeping up.Not sure how true this is as I know nothing about Portugese football but perhaps could well be true given Rickys recent loan moves not being over successful. Anyone else heard this?

Not heard a thing. I personally would like to see Ricky given a chance next season but with all the grief he gets on here I cant see that happening.

I have been thinking a lot about what we do next with Ricky and it seems we have reached the point where we have to either cut our losses or give him another chance.

What surprises me is that none of his previous clubs have come calling. He scored freely for CP Lisbon and Ultrect. Why do they not want him back?

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Not heard a thing. I personally would like to see Ricky given a chance next season but with all the grief he gets on here I cant see that happening.

I have been thinking a lot about what we do next with Ricky and it seems we have reached the point where we have to either cut our losses or give him another chance.

What surprises me is that none of his previous clubs have come calling. He scored freely for CP Lisbon and Ultrect. Why do they not want him back?[/quote]
What surprises me is you seem to think the reason he won''t get a chance here next season is because of the grief he gets on a message board.  I would suggest it has more to do with his performances on the pitch.

Grief was a poor choice of words. Lack of support perhaps.

I get that he has done little to bolster his popularity but I don''t get why people are not prepared to give him at least a chance in the Champ.

Its just as physical. And ricky has been on loan for 2 seasons in less physical leagues, with teams of very similar ability to championship teams, and has been terrible.

Strictly speaking you''re right, it''s not fast AND physical. But it is physical, so it''s a "close the door on your way out" from me.

We haven''t wanted him in either previous Championship or Premisership season.

I doubt AN will fancy him this time round

if he had a more pace then yes i MIGHT give him a go but i think i am trying to convince myself

just means he would get in the positions quicker and more often to miss more chances so NO from me

Can''t see him getting a go, but wouldn''t mind if he did. I think his movement is good, but his confidence must be low now - which can''t help a goal scorer.

If he had more pace, could control the ball, hold off defenders and score with head or feet then maybe.

But all the above appear to be beyond him.

Thecanaryfan wrote the following post at 18/05/2016 6:28 PM:

Not heard a thing. I personally would like to see Ricky given a chance next season but with all the grief he gets on here I cant see that happening.

What surprises me is that none of his previous clubs have come calling. He scored freely for CP Lisbon and Ultrect. Why do they not want him back?

Canfan - you clearly have never seem him play - if you had you would know why no one wants him including Alex Neil

Subject

Basically, if he was a completely different player, then yes, he should get a chance.

I saw him plenty in his first season with us. And as weeks passed I saw his confidence destruct away at each opportunity missed. People are forgetting the numerous goal scoring opportunities he failed to take. This wasn''t down to his physicality but a lack of confidence. The Champ is nowhere near as physical nor a fast as the Prem.

[img]http://www.edp24.co.uk/polopoly_fs/1.4209164.1440578921!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg[/img]I love this picture.  It was a very nice finish too.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I saw him plenty in his first season with us. And as weeks passed I saw his confidence destruct away at each opportunity missed. People are forgetting the numerous goal scoring opportunities he failed to take. This wasn''t down to his physicality but a lack of confidence. The Champ is nowhere near as physical nor a fast as the Prem.[/quote]
On the contrary.  The numerous goal scoring opportunities he failed to take are very much remembered by all of us who are saying he is not good enough to play for us.
The Championship is equally as physical, and not much slower.  It is less tactical, arguably, but more "blood and thunder".  RvW was a terrible purchase and we should cut our losses for whatever we can get.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I saw him plenty in his first season with us. And as weeks passed I saw his confidence destruct away at each opportunity missed. People are forgetting the numerous goal scoring opportunities he failed to take. This wasn''t down to his physicality but a lack of confidence. The Champ is nowhere near as physical nor a fast as the Prem.[/quote]
On the contrary.  The numerous goal scoring opportunities he failed to take are very much remembered by all of us who are saying he is not good enough to play for us.
The Championship is equally as physical, and not much slower.  It is less tactical, arguably, but more "blood and thunder".  RvW was a terrible purchase and we should cut our losses for whatever we can get.
[/quote]
[Y][:D]

I get that Bor, but before we cut our losses, what is the harm in trying him out at a lower level? He had a 50% score ratio at Ultrect and Lisbon. He cannot be that bad at a lower level.

"Before we cut our losses, what is the harm in trying him out at a lower level" - err, possibly all the missed chances someone else proven at Champs level would score?

RVW has never had the chance to prove himself at Champ level so that isn''t a fair shout Nuff. We all know which league Jerome prefers??

I think the reason he didn''t move last season was because no one was willing to match the wages he was getting from us. With relegation his wages have gone down and I suspect magically a move will emerge for him which lets us get him off the wage bill.

If he plays for Norwich in the championship I''ll present match of the day in my underwear.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][img]http://www.edp24.co.uk/polopoly_fs/1.4209164.1440578921!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg[/img]I love this picture.  It was a very nice finish too.[/quote]perhaps he was trying to miss....

Never proved himself here or out on loan. Not worthy of a chance here and getting him off the wage bill is a must. Be afraid of the Wolf? If you''re sitting in row Z..