Sorry Norfolkngood. Please don''t get upset, take umbridge or deny us any of your informed snippets in future.

I initially made the general point about people frequently expressing opinion as fact.

You immediately jumped in by defending your own personal situation of being better informed than most, which I have to confess I had not hitherto noticed, and the reasons for it.

Fair enough.

I will now study your future information more carefully and with all due appreciation, but my general point still stands.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Broadstairs

how do you know what some people know ?

i talk facts that are given to me by people who believe it or not

do know what is going on because they are there

now Norwich is a small place people who are high up in the club have relations and close friends

if you look at my posts even going back to when we signed RVW i posted you that the scouts reports said he would not be suited the premiership

do not tar all people who think they are in the know with others who post things that DO happen inside the club[/quote]

This is very definitely not directed at you, norfolkngood, but that is actually the problem. Norwich is a small city and Norfolk a small county in that sense. People do know people.I have said before the only poster here whose Inside information I take on trust (when he posts) is Bethnal, because he is a professional journalist. And that means three crucial things - he can assess the credibility or otherwise of the person giving the information (are they in the room or are they just hearing something second- or third- or fourth-hand?), he can note it accurately, and pass it on accurately. I don''t trust amateurs to do any of those things. They may get it right, but I don''t trust them to do so.As to credibility, some years ago a poster claimed he had Inside information from a source that Malky Mackay had turned us down because we had tried to foist Adams on him as a first-team coach. This was almost certainly just the source hearing about the promise Smith and Jones made that there would always be some kind of job for Adams, and misunderstanding. The likelihood always was that Mackay rejected us because he thought - correctly - he would be offered a Premier League job.When I asked the poster''s source he said it was someone high up in amateur football in Norfolk! So not someone in the boardroom, not even, presumably, someone in Carrow Road. Just someone who had either jumped to an assumption, or heard something at several removes, with all the scope for the message to get hopelessly garbled.More recently a poster made three supposedly in-the-know source-based claims/predictions about the winter transfer window, all of which were wrong. I suspect the source for those false "facts" was, as above, not someone in the room and perhaps not even in Carrow Road. Someone with a connection to the club but no more than that.As to accuracy, I didn''t want to mention this again (apologies to the poster) but it serves as a perfect example. A few days ago there there was a direct quote from Alex Neil on the EDP site. A poster reproduced it, but changed one word, which gave the quote totally the opposite meaning. Now if someone, with the words in front of them in black and white, can pass it on inaccurately, how much more scope is there for word of mouth "facts" that go through several people before reaching the message-board to be mangled?

No problem Broadstairs or purple

i dont mess about or make things up for pleasure or to claim i am in the know more than others

i hope you follow with interest as nothing i say is made up hearsay or other it will be from my sources mouth

if anything is something i wish to stay private i will pm you as i did broadstairs

[quote user="norfolkngood"]No problem Broadstairs or purple

i dont mess about or make things up for pleasure or to claim i am in the know more than others

i hope you follow with interest as nothing i say is made up hearsay or other it will be from my sources mouth

if anything is something i wish to stay private i will pm you as i did broadstairs[/quote]That is fair enough. It is not for me to say, but I think posters who from time to time pass on to me private information have decided I can be trusted to be discreet.

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 18/05/2016

I have said before the only

poster here whose Inside information I take on trust (when he posts) is

Bethnal, because he is a professional journalist

Purple what are you twittering on about - you suggest we should all believe this Journalist - get real man, they sell stories for hard cash ?

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]

I have said before the only

poster here whose Inside information I take on trust (when he posts) is

Bethnal, because he is a professional journalist

Purple what are you twittering on about - you suggest we should all believe this Journalist - get real man, they sell stories for hard cash ?
[/quote]I wouldn''t dream of telling you what to believe. I would hardly know where to start...But since this is a journalist working (or certainly he used to) for a Japanese newspaper I doubt he has covered Norwich City much, and in any event Archant don''t pay us for what we post here.

While this topic is centred on Klose, for obvious reasons, what we do know is Alex is chatting to each individual player this week, so im sure he will have in his own mind a general idea who he wants  to remain with City for next season. Some contributors on these forums maybe in the know more than others, but fact is none of us can 100% predict the next 2 or 3 months what will happen to any individual player, situations can change week by week, day by day.Interesting what 1 or 2 City players have made public, i.e. Mr. Tettey saying hes "unsure about his future", and Gary ONeil saying he would be up for the fight in the coming season. But here we are, discussing the future of Klose, when Alex is the guvnor and the guy who has to oversee the futures of the entire NCFC squad. Im sure we will see a few surprises in the coming weeks and months, and a few non-surprises also,we will just have to sit tight  and see what awaits on Timm Klose.

[quote user="Essjayess"]While this topic is centred on Klose, for obvious reasons, what we do know is Alex is chatting to each individual player this week, so im sure he will have in his own mind a general idea who he wants  to remain with City for next season. Some contributors on these forums maybe in the know more than others, but fact is none of us can 100% predict the next 2 or 3 months what will happen to any individual player, situations can change week by week, day by day.Interesting what 1 or 2 City players have made public, i.e. Mr. Tettey saying hes "unsure about his future", and Gary ONeil saying he would be up for the fight in the coming season. But here we are, discussing the future of Klose, when Alex is the guvnor and the guy who has to oversee the futures of the entire NCFC squad. Im sure we will see a few surprises in the coming weeks and months, and a few non-surprises also,we will just have to sit tight  and see what awaits on Timm Klose.[/quote]

How insightful.

Norwich is a small city. So some will inevitably either be in the know or think they are.

“Being in the know” doesn’t however mean they are right. Firstly, sources may be misinformed or may have appraised matters wrongly. Secondly, even where sources are accurate, things can change so fast in football that what is correct one day may be incorrect the next.

Over the years I have on several occasions been tipped off as to things happening at our club. I have never posted anything, because I have been told in confidence and have always felt obliged to respect that confidence. But, had I posted everything that I have been told, then (although my source is impeccable, and everything I posted would have been “true”) my posts would probably have been “right” only about 50% of the time, because things sometimes moved on elsewhere with extraordinary speed.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Well he has not made the Swiss Euro squad .[/quote]That should help our cause - if he went and performed well in the Euros there''d be a much greater chance that we''d lose him to a prem club

He plays for Switzerland not Italy, plenty of players for similar sized countries still get called up from the championship. Olsson and Tettey didn''t find it an issue last season.

NorfolkNG, this is offered in the spirit of debate rather than argument - I understand that you may have heard that Klose is likely to stay, but you sound so sure? All sorts of things could happen between now and the start of next season.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Btw, this is not meant as to be directed at any particular poster on this thread, even though the above ''complaint'' can be seen as of relevance.

Instead, there seems to have been a particular proliferation of ''know it all posts'' recently, made all the more risible by the fact that the perpetrators get so carried away with their own opinions and ''superior'' knowledge that they frequently feel sufficiently endowed to actually insult the opinions of others.[/quote]

Strange really the poster Willo was hounded for putting the exact team that played each game the night before we played each week. He also listed our summer signings last year and in Jan. He had a whole thread devoted to telling him not to put the team on anymore as the opposition might read it. So clearly then his info was 100 % correct.

He has now stated in a thread on here Klose is happy wants to stay and is going to stay unless we get an offer that just cannot be refused. He has also said Naismith will stay again provided WE dont sell him. To cap it he also said ( before the paper talk ) Redmond was 99 % certain to go and Brady highly likely to go.

Now I feel Willo is in the know and you cant have it both ways ie slate him when he gives team info as he is obviously in the know and slate him when he says things using the you cant possibly know that bit.

So yes I have to disagree certain posters who have prooved their credentials really are in the know

[quote user="willo"]Don''t drag me into it, I know nothing!!!!!!![/quote]But do you know if Naismith and Klose have a relegation clause in their contracts. If not then we may have little choice in getting them off the books.

In all honesty, the summer transfer windows are very difficult to predict, even for someone inside the club as there are so many variables. This summer for instance, relegation creates challenges for agents to push their players to other clubs as there is an element of poor performance from their assets at Norwich.

Also the Euros could see Brady play exceptional and then become subject of a £20m bid, which was not anticipated at the start of the summer. Throw in left field bids from clubs and you have an uncertain close season. I''m sure lots of us will hear rumours etc. I take the view that if you throw enough of the brown stuff, some will eventually stick.

FWIW, people I talk to re this summer think that our activity in and out is very closely guarded and the club cant make as many changes as AN would like, based on his thoughts on the squad..

I did state unless we get a silly bid

What i can state is Klose is happy to stay

now i can not be blamed if he is offered 125 k tomorrow by Man utd of course not but he is happy to be here next season and does not wish to go !

things change in a instant in football all i can state is what is now

I don''t know for certain, I think Klose has, Naismith''s was always a sticking point and '' I believe'' he relented, due to a game of bluff with our ex CEO, but don''t quote me that as fact, just reasonable hearsay

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 18/05/2016 12:55 PM:

Gunthorpe wrote:

I have said before the only poster here whose Inside information I take on trust (when he posts) is Bethnal, because he is a professional journalist

I wouldn''t dream of telling you what to believe. I would hardly know where to start...

But since this is a journalist working (or certainly he used to) for a Japanese newspaper I doubt he has covered Norwich City much, and in any event Archant don''t pay us for what we post here.

Purple this gets better by the second. You are now claiming that the only person whose posts you take on trust is a former journalist who used to work for a Japanese newspaper.

I do not wish to be rude but do you realise how ridiculous this sounds. Many on here assume you are the fountain of all knowledge but as I always suspected you are more like a chocolate fountain. Hilarious - please keep it up Purple your posts enlighten my day, 2nd only to the scream of a poster Parma

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 18/05/2016 12:55 PM:

Gunthorpe wrote:

I have said before the only poster here whose Inside information I take on trust (when he posts) is Bethnal, because he is a professional journalist

I wouldn''t dream of telling you what to believe. I would hardly know where to start...

But since this is a journalist working (or certainly he used to) for a Japanese newspaper I doubt he has covered Norwich City much, and in any event Archant don''t pay us for what we post here.

Purple this gets better by the second. You are now claiming that the only person whose posts you take on trust is a former journalist who used to work for a Japanese newspaper.

I do not wish to be rude but do you realise how ridiculous this sounds. Many on here assume you are the fountain of all knowledge but as I always suspected you are more like a chocolate fountain. Hilarious - please keep it up Purple your posts enlighten my day, 2nd only to the scream of a poster Parma[/quote]

If there was a poll on this site as to who are the most thoughtful and though-provoking posters then I am sure that both Purple and Parma would be near the top of most people''s lists.

I have seen either of these posters claim to be the fountain of all knowledge but I have read many intelligent and insightful posts from both.

Perhaps the problem is that they need to dumb down a little bit to make it easier for you to understand, Gunthorpe? Perhaps you are misunderstanding the difference between intelligence and knowledge?

But we can all agree that Purple and Parma''s posts brighten up our days, if for different reasons, so let''s not that stand in the way of permitting these gentlemen from continuing to post on.

And if either or both Purple and Parma are of the fairer sex, then still post on, I say.

Hi Herman & Rock

I share your enthusiasm for the fairy stories that those 2 post

I think you may be stretching the truth to claim what they post is either intelligent or knowledge based.

To most people it is sheer arrogant waffle with no foundation what so ever, particularly when one of them in particular homes in on some poor sole and demands to know where there views originate and then slates them over the tense of a particular word. We now know where his comes from some retired journalist who works for the Japanese - hilarious (so it must be true)

But then we are all entitled to our views - where would this board be without them - roll on the next episode of War & Peace , I am looking forward to it with relish

Always interested to hear what you have to say Willo, and you NFG.

Personally I prefer to hear all these things and then consider them myself, it helps pass the time.

Surely the bottom line is that you can''t rely on the accuracy of anything that''s posted on here, whoever posts it, I just judge everything on its own merits and whether or not it fits with what I think😄

Good point Mr Jenkins, although there is one thing that is consistently accurate...Gunthorpe/Newton has absolutely nothing to offer to this board.

Apples