Sign in to follow this  
Browno

The Secret Footballer Tweets

[quote user="paul moy"]This is what happens when financial whizz-kid Balls gets involved.[/quote]

And I thought it all started going down hill when we sold Cody! Anyway, could be worse, George Osborne could be in charge of our financial destiny!

Charlie Wyatt has tweeted that there is no crisis but there is not much in the bank, says wages are very high and we paid a crazy amount in promotion bonuses.

[quote user="JF"]Charlie Wyatt has tweeted that there is no crisis but there is not much in the bank, says wages are very high and we paid a crazy amount in promotion bonuses.[/quote]I don''t know how clued in Wyett is on finance. I can well believe we did what many posters here called for and increased our wage bill to attract the likes of Mbokani and later Klose. But the promotion bonuses shouldn''t be relevant because they presumably were one-off payments that were all included in last year''s accounts, unless somehow they are carried on into this year. I assume there were massive bonuses for staying up, but I gather we didn''t achieve that.

Didn''t we go into debt recently, I remember reading something in the press by McNally.

I can''t imagine were that well off we can fight off offers for players. I see Southampton are striking quick to buy Redders.

OOOHHH ERRRRR! Probably some charlatan poster juss $hitstirring........We''re a ''well run an'' flush football club''....aren''t we?

Lord Horn (again) ~ [quote]Anyway, could be worse, George Osborne could be in charge of our financial destiny![/quote]Ah, Osborne, the w@nker, who''s overseen the massive increase in our Labour, Balls, Brown induced debt,

and has had to backtrack on his last two budget main proposals and is now treating us like children with his deliberate obfuscations over the

future of our economy in the event of us opting out of the EU.He is unsuitable to be chancellor and there is no

way I would vote Tory if he ever became leader.

Obvious bull, we know our club is financially stable

[quote user="AJ"]Obvious bull, we know our club is financially stable[/quote]No flies on you, son [:$]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Talk about stating the bleeding obvious - of course we might become more financially pushed the longer we are in the Champs, but any club worth its salt will cut their financial cloth according to the income they have. AN was clearly talking about the here and now, to try to imply/suggest otherwise is pretty stupid: we don''t need to sell, but it is pretty obvious that some may well leave - as they always do.[/quote]You mean like AN was stating the bleedin'' obvious as well.  Here''s another statement of the bleedin'' obvious:  City will never become an established PL club under the current ownership, because they always put prudence before ambition and anyway they are not wealthy enough. 

[quote user="Indy"]Didn''t we go into debt recently, I remember reading something in the press by McNally.

I can''t imagine were that well off we can fight off offers for players. I see Southampton are striking quick to buy Redders.[/quote]

Of course we can fight off offers for players if we choose to, the question will be whether we choose to. that will depend on how many players Neil thinks he needs to bring in and who they are.

As for Redmond he, i''m sure, is one we will choose to sell. Whatever he says publically I am sure he will have lined up a move away and I think that provided the fee offered is significantly more than what we feel we will get awarded at a tribunal should he run his contract down then we will sell. I understand he was up for moving to Southampton last summer so I am sure he will be even more so this.

Personally, I would get any deal for Redmond done as early as possible this summer and then re-invest a decent chunk of the money in a striker to send a message of intent to the fans.

We are financially stable for at least this season but the fact we only have 2 years parachute payments, coupled with the ludicrous number of players out of contract at the end of this season means we have a very short window to get it right and get back up. I''d expect any sigings this summer to be 2 year deals with options for a further year. If we don''t go up this year we will effectively be starting again next season with a large squad turnover in summer 2017 to replace those out of contract and we won''t be able to pay the players we sign then the sort of money we are paying some of our players now.

Well according to Danish TV......unless there is another suspect who had his childhood holidays in Denmark like both the SF and Kitson

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Clearly Dave Kitson, not the Secret Footballer anymore, is privy to all things NCFC.

Clearly.

Think he''ll be retracting that if and when the club is aware of the Tweet.[/quote]if it''s true he wont need to

I sincerely hope none of this is true and there is no fire sale to balance the books

But then why did Bowkett & Mc D walk ?

[quote user="Syteanric"][quote user="Old Shuck"]Clearly Dave Kitson, not the Secret Footballer anymore, is privy to all things NCFC.

Clearly.

Think he''ll be retracting that if and when the club is aware of the Tweet.[/quote]if it''s true he wont need to[/quote]
Haha, how is it possibly true?

One of the reason I believe McNally resigned it that the finances are not a good as people are lead to believe.

Had we of stayed up, he would of had justification. With relegation, he has not.

I think Charlie Wyatt''s view is largely accurate. Do not expect big spending in the summer as Redmond''s transfer fee was probably already spent.

I think McNally resigned because he had overseen yet another relegation.

"Redmond''s transfer fee was probably already spent."

What transfer fee?

If we have some funds in the bank how can this possibly be true?

Money in the bank? £5-10m?

Parachutes £60m (./.2)

Advanced season ticket sales?

Money from transfers out?

No debt.

We should be smelling roses.

Wasn''t we a few million in debt last set of accounts, I seam to remember in a Purple thread?

Given the bonus for promotion, wages and transfers I can''t see there being too much in the kitty.

Would be nice if there was.

I''m very dubious whether these comments are from people genuinely in the know, or are they just putting 2 + 2 together.

What worries me about McNally going is that he was responsible for the financial side, so does it point to the finances following relegation being not as good as they should be?  What relegation clauses have we got for player wages ?  Also, we know that part of our transfer activity in January was covered by a bank loan, which I thought was against the Sky money we were getting for the rest of the season.  So while clearly that loan will be covered by Sky money which should be coming through now, it means we haven''t got that money for next season - did we have that money available last time we went down because we hadn''t borrowed against it ?

I don''t think this information should be made public (until down the line when it doesn''t matter). Also, we''d rather have people think we are tight for cash when we go shopping for transfers this summer, than flush with parachute payments.

If there is a ''cash-flow'' problem, and I''m not saying there is, then it''s going to be about timing of incomings and outgoings.

There will be a significant wage bill (total staff costs were £54M in 2013-14 and £48M in 2014-15) which will go out every week/month and there will be other significant costs.

The income will be less regular.

A significant number of season ticket holders pay by direct debit while it means that there is regular income it is not without cost. Of the rest of the season ticket holders most will pay between January and April (when It''s cheapest).

The PL appearance payments are irregular (when you appear on TV), the merit payment can only happen when you know where you are finishing in the league. That leaves the rest of the TV money which could (I don''t know whether it is or not) be spread over the season.

Transfer fees paid and received will not all happen in one go (and that ignores the add-ons).

I expect there to be a significant rise in the wage bill this season (maybe to as high as £65M for the season) from the last PL season. I read somewhere that NCFC were paying 45k of Big Daves 90k a week wages (don''t know if it''s true BTW).

Running a football club is very difficult financially and I expect that while we have ''no external debt'' we will almost certainly have an overdraft (or the football club equivalent). the claim that we have ''maxed out our banking credit facility'' could easily have happened.

[quote user="spudgfsh"]If there is a ''cash-flow'' problem, and I''m not saying there is, then it''s going to be about timing of incomings and outgoings. There will be a significant wage bill (total staff costs were £54M in 2013-14 and £48M in 2014-15) which will go out every week/month and there will be other significant costs. The income will be less regular. A significant number of season ticket holders pay by direct debit while it means that there is regular income it is not without cost. Of the rest of the season ticket holders most will pay between January and April (when It''s cheapest). The PL appearance payments are irregular (when you appear on TV), the merit payment can only happen when you know where you are finishing in the league. That leaves the rest of the TV money which could (I don''t know whether it is or not) be spread over the season. Transfer fees paid and received will not all happen in one go (and that ignores the add-ons). I expect there to be a significant rise in the wage bill this season (maybe to as high as £65M for the season) from the last PL season. I read somewhere that NCFC were paying 45k of Big Daves 90k a week wages (don''t know if it''s true BTW). Running a football club is very difficult financially and I expect that while we have ''no external debt'' we will almost certainly have an overdraft (or the football club equivalent). the claim that we have ''maxed out our banking credit facility'' could easily have happened.[/quote]

Can''t disagree with anything you''ve said spudgfsh but have to be honest, I seem to know less after reading your post than I did at the start....[*-)]

I keep thinking of the promotion parade to the Prem under Lambert.

Delia stood on the balcony and telling everyone that the club was financially secure forever-or words to that effect.

Seemed a bit of a brave thing to say at the time.

We all keep thinking there is money in the pot- £40 million, £50 million, whatever, money to spend, money burning a hole in the NCFC pocket, why aren''t we spending it?

Hoovered up by wages=wasn''t our playing wage bill estimated to be around £65,000,000 a year?

Then there are all the other expenses-staff wages and various costs of running a stadium and Colney. Plus all the expense of upgrading Colney. All that and the money spent in Jan-its hardly likely we had or have an account sat there with tens of millions in it for player transfers only. I''m beginning to think we needed some ready cash PDQ last Summer, hence Jonno going so quickly and unexpectedly.

This isn''t even fag pack economics as I have already said-simplistic and naïve but, even so, it makes me realise how we could, *theoretically*, have a lot less money behind us right now than we might care to think.

I prefer the notion that all is well with club finances. And yet, and yet....smoke, fire and all that.

Pull yourself together Shuck, you''re getting hysterical....

quote user="It''s Character Forming"

Can''t disagree with anything you''ve said spudgfsh but have to be honest, I seem to know less after reading your post than I did at the start.... /quote

think of it this way. instead of getting paid every month someone get paid every five weeks and at the end of the year the difference is made up with a big pay packet. if your outgoings meet incomings over the course of the year you slowly find yourself more and more in debt until the last payment.

quote user="Old Shuck"

Hoovered up by wages=wasn''t our playing wage bill estimated to be around £65,000,000 a year?

/quote

I did just make that number up you know I have no real knowledge as to what it is going to be this season. but take the £54M for the last PL season plus big dave, naismith et al.

[quote user="militantcanary"]

We are about to sell Redmond for 8 -10 M

Just garbage, lets sue this fucker and get some money for next season as someone suggested[/quote]

Given the number of clubs interested in Redmond (and its more than three according to the rumours) think £15M.

As for the Binner, do you think he has any money?

[quote user="militantcanary"]

We are about to sell Redmond for 8 -10 M

Just garbage, lets sue this fucker and get some money for next season as someone suggested[/quote]

Given the number of clubs interested in Redmond (and its more than three according to the rumours) think £15M.

As for the Binner, do you think he has any money?