Sign in to follow this  
Browno

The Secret Footballer Tweets

1. The owners won''t be investing and there is a process underway to remove current owners before new foreign investors come in.

2. They''ve lost main sponsors Aviva - who will become a Premier League official partner. The club''s banking credit facility is maxed out.

3. Norwich City are in financial crisis. I''ve heard there will be an imminent fire sale of players.

Unfortunately this mess of a forum will not let me edit my post...
Norwich City are in financial crisis. I''ve heard there will be an imminent fire sale of players.
They''ve lost main sponsors Aviva - who will become a Premier League official partner. The club''s banking credit facility is maxed out.
The owners won''t be investing and there is a process underway to remove current owners before new foreign investors come in.

Anonymous man claims club just relegated from Premiership, that are known for not having much money anyway, don''t have much money and will sell players.Hold the front page!

Clearly Dave Kitson, not the Secret Footballer anymore, is privy to all things NCFC.

Clearly.

Think he''ll be retracting that if and when the club is aware of the Tweet.

Sorry for being one short here, but what exactly is all this? Who (or what) is the Secret Footballer, and what is the significance of their tweets?

Yeah. The irony that it probably is a binner, and that they are riddled with debt and have to sell any player that is half decent.

It makes no sense at all.

Apart from assets on the playing side and any cash in hand we may or may not have, but likely the former, there will soon be the usual massive advanced season ticket sales and, of course, the much-maligned (by the binners in particular) parachute payments on the horizon.

I don''t suppose that we''re rolling in it, but ''fire sale?'' no way.

Just had a look on TWTD and coincidently they do have a post about us looking for a new sponsor.

There''s also a post where someone is criticising the cost of play-off final tickets. The last time they got there the tickets were £9 12s 6d.

So the club has suffered a drop in income by being relegated and are changing their main sponsor.

Hardly seems to amount to a financial crisis.

"The irony that it probably is a binner, and that they are riddled with debt and have to sell any player that is half decent."

No ground and as council tenants apparently they recently but unsuccessfully applied for ''housing benefit'' to assist with the rent.

Also, with Evans owning the "club" and the Council owning the ground I am still left wondering who owns the two statues outside of it.

This is important for whoever does is responsible for cleaning the pigeon droppings that they accumulate, and they are not doing a very good job.

The last time I went along Poorman Road I noticed that there was a particularly unpleasant dropping hanging from Sir Alf''s nose.

I''ve just put this through the bin-a-tron5000 for decoding and its analysis suggests the following:

"Norwich City are in financial crisis." => I define a financial crisis as having an extra c90m in parachute payments over the next 3 years.

"I''ve heard there will be an imminent fire sale of players." => I wish there was a fire sale. However as there is no financial pressure there is no reason for a fire sale.

"They''ve lost main sponsors Aviva - who will become a Premier League official partner." => The change in sponsors was announced a year ago. There will be a new sponsor for what is a minor income stream for the club.

"The club''s banking credit facility is maxed out." => I got confused and am quoting what it says on my Marbles credit card statement.

"The owners won''t be investing and there is a process underway to remove current owners before new foreign investors come in." => I don''t understand that when new owners take over from current owners, the current owners are no longer the current owners. Also I mix up the words "before" and "when".

This does rather sound like a generalised pile of garbage - how/why would a ''secret footballer'' know the deeper financial goings on at NCFC?

If/when a couple of players are sold, I dare say we''ll get another ''told you so'', but it''ll prove sod-all - player sales are inevitable every close season and it would also be no particular surprise if our fees received were higher than those paid out.

The bit about the owners is the killer.  How would you remove the current owners before new owners come in ?  Who would own the club when the current owners have been removed ?  Why would it be necessary ?  If the current owners are willing to give majority control to a new owner, that would be agreed between them and the shares would be transferred when that deal was completed.  It''s just nonsense.

The last time this happened there was a plausible theory that the News of the World reporter had mixed us up with Notts County Football club...

It''ll be interesting if any bigger outlets run with it. I remember we sued last time and got the cash to loan some striker.

I don''t believe we are anywhere near any financial trouble lol it''s laughable to say a club that''s probably debt free with forthcoming parachute payments is anywhere near in trouble.

Where there''s smoke there''s fire though. Maybe there''s nuggets hidden away in there somewhere...

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I just tried to find the bin-a-tron 5000 on Amazon but it''s out of stock, where can I get one ?[/quote]if only we''d kept Howie''s got one......................[;)]

i actually built mine - out of parts of a Vic20, an Etch-a-Sketch, a BigTrak and a pair of SodaStreams...

To get the correct logic - basically use anything from the 80s that''s totally obsolete now..

My Bin-a-tron is benchmarked just under 5000btps (Bin Thoughts per Second)..

[quote user="Buh"]I don''t believe we are anywhere near any financial trouble lol it''s laughable to say a club that''s probably debt free with forthcoming parachute payments is anywhere near in trouble.

Where there''s smoke there''s fire though. Maybe there''s nuggets hidden away in there somewhere...[/quote]Alex Neil just a few days ago........."“People who want to come and tempt Norwich players are going to have to

come and get their money out. We won’t be selling players on the cheap,”

said Neil. “The one thing I will make clear is we are not in any need

to sell players. There is no need to sell, we are financially stable and

in a really strong position even though we are dropping down a

division.”

This is the biggest bollocks I have read since the Conservative Manifesto came out

We have the least debt out of all 92 clubs

We have 37M coming

We are about to sell Redmond for 8 -10 M

We have sold out the ground

Just garbage, lets sue this fucker and get some money for next season as someone suggested

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Buh"]I don''t believe we are anywhere near any financial trouble lol it''s laughable to say a club that''s probably debt free with forthcoming parachute payments is anywhere near in trouble.

Where there''s smoke there''s fire though. Maybe there''s nuggets hidden away in there somewhere...[/quote]Alex Neil just a few days ago........."“People who want to come and tempt Norwich players are going to have to

come and get their money out. We won’t be selling players on the cheap,”

said Neil. “The one thing I will make clear is we are not in any need

to sell players. There is no need to sell, we are financially stable and

in a really strong position even though we are dropping down a

division
.”[/quote]That totally ignores any player who wishes to leave, how many of the so-called best players who leave, and how long we may remain in the Championship.  The financially stable bit won''t last if we remain there for very long.  The current ownership are not rich enough to inject enough cash to prop up the club, like the ticket tout down the A140, reportedly ''donates'' to the 6 finger brigade residing in Porterloo Rd somewhere in the region of £5/6M per annum to keep them afloat, and has been for years.  Won''t be selling players on the cheap?  We''ll see.

If we''d only kept Howie.. - I would have thought anything made by Binatone would also do the job.

Talk about stating the bleeding obvious - of course we might become more financially pushed the longer we are in the Champs, but any club worth its salt will cut their financial cloth according to the income they have. AN was clearly talking about the here and now, to try to imply/suggest otherwise is pretty stupid: we don''t need to sell, but it is pretty obvious that some may well leave - as they always do.