Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Redmond to Stoke ............ again !!!

[quote user="stoke canary"]Stoke are being linked with a move for Redmond has they were the last time we were relegated.Would anyone accept a Walters+Crouch + Cash for Redmond.I''m sure Walters and Crouch would get the goals to get us up.I know Alex has said we''ve got a aging team and Walters + Crouch would only add to that .[/quote]

£15m. cash and no has beens thank you.

We dont need any more old players.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Worth keeping in mind that Birmingham City receive 15% of any profit we make from selling Redmond.[/quote]

Wheres that idea coming from?

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]Worth keeping in mind that Birmingham City receive 15% of any profit we make from selling Redmond.[/quote]
£50m it is then, and not a penny less!!!
[/quote]

The Canaryfan is sacked as my negotitor, Chip20 has the position! £50m it is.

Why on earth would we sell ?

With the huge money in the PL now, our best chance of going up is at the first attempt if you fail this year the spending power of the teams relegated next season will dwarf that of the 3 relegated clubs this year.

From next season on I can only see the teams relegated getting promotion back the following season...the gulf between the PL and the chumps is about to get grow considerably.

If that means turning down a £15 million bid now and letting him walk away at the end of next season with a fee set by a tribunal then thats a risk worth taking.

[quote user="Indy"]He''s only worth what those ten clubs are willing to pay, he''s one player who''s not going to be here at the start of next season, he''s already rejected a new contract last year.

It''ll be around the 10 million mark no doubt, I think it''ll be Southampton, a little birdy said last week that Southampton have been making enquiries since January.[/quote]

I totally disagree with your opening statement. He''s worth MORE to US! I''d say anything less than 15m and we keep him, he could have a huge say in our promotion push and then we let it go to tribunal next summer if he wants to walk. We''d easily get 8-9m and a vital seasons work out of him.

He had a very average season when he often seemed unwilling to battle, do you really think that forcing him to stay for a season in the championship will bring out the best in him?

Lots of wishful thinking here.Its obvious to all that he will exit over the summer.

You''re not forcing him to stay though, he signed a contract and you''re both abiding to that.

If we decide not to sell, he stays, simple as that.

If he wants to ruin his career by playing crap for us and subsequently rotting on the bench it shows exactly why he hasn''t and will never reach his potential.

He''s as big a part of us being relegated as anyone else is at the club, and there''s no shame in improving his trade with another championship season to show what he''s about imo, he''s still playing U21 football let''s not forget.

I would rather keep him than Brady but accept we have seen the last of him in a Norwich shirt.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Redmond is our most potent threat. He should have started every game. He will flourish at a club which values his talent. Good luck to him.[/quote]
You know what, you might finally be right about him leaving this time! Is this the third or fourth window you''ve guaranteed him leaving?

Highland, he''s had enough opportunities in critical matches to show his worth.

He came on early in the second half vs Sunderland and Villa - both huge matches for us, and achieved nothing - a lad with his ability and pace should come on and rip through teams, but he didn''t.

Villa he was non-existent till the last minutes, and Sunderland we managed to go a further 2 down with him on the field.

Let''s face it, he''s got serious issues to committing his talent for us, and if that''s his mentality he''ll ultimately be no better elsewhere long term.

He may potentially be a potent threat - but in what terms? a goal scorer? Cause he''s certainly not provider, and he certainly doesn''t stretch defences like he could. If he expects us/another club to build a team around him like we did Huckerby, then he needs to show that he can consistently perform before anyone in the prem would take a gamble with that gameplay.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Redmond is our most potent threat. He should have started every game. He will flourish at a club which values his talent. Good luck to him.[/quote]
You know what, you might finally be right about him leaving this time! Is this the third or fourth window you''ve guaranteed him leaving?
[/quote]

He''s got to be right some time.

Nope, like most internet users i''m just talking utter bollocks from my perspective... Nothing more, nothing less. It''s a simple game we play.

[quote user="Google Bot"]Highland, he''s had enough opportunities in critical matches to show his worth.

He came on early in the second half vs Sunderland and Villa - both huge matches for us, and achieved nothing - a lad with his ability and pace should come on and rip through teams, but he didn''t.

Villa he was non-existent till the last minutes, and Sunderland we managed to go a further 2 down with him on the field.

Let''s face it, he''s got serious issues to committing his talent for us, and if that''s his mentality he''ll ultimately be no better elsewhere long term.

He may potentially be a potent threat - but in what terms? a goal scorer? Cause he''s certainly not provider, and he certainly doesn''t stretch defences like he could. If he expects us/another club to build a team around him like we did Huckerby, then he needs to show that he can consistently perform before anyone in the prem would take a gamble with that gameplay.[/quote]

Or he just doesn''t have much talent and is the next Matty Phillips/Tom Ince. It could just be that.

The first sign of positive intent that the Club are pulling all stops out in order to make an immediate return to the Premier League would be for them to resist all offers in order to keep Nathan Redmond at Carrow Road.

He will have stepped up a bit since the last time around and he was pretty useful then. He is capable of crucifying each and every one of the forthcoming Championship defences, including, as he proved before, that bunch of statues down the road.

He will likely gain the Championship Player of the Year award at a doddle.

Then I woke up.

I stick by the first paragraph, but fear that it is wishful thinking.