Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Redmond to Stoke ............ again !!!

Stoke are being linked with a move for Redmond has they were the last time we were relegated.Would anyone accept a Walters+Crouch + Cash for Redmond.I''m sure Walters and Crouch would get the goals to get us up.I know Alex has said we''ve got a aging team and Walters + Crouch would only add to that .

I would take a straight £10/12 million and spend wisely on 24/25 year old ambitious players from clubs would could not turn down reasonable offers as they are probably not in such good financial shape as us.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I would take a straight £10/12 million and spend wisely on 24/25 year old ambitious players from clubs would could not turn down reasonable offers as they are probably not in such good financial shape as us.[/quote]While I generally agree with that, I also think Walters would be a good experienced leader to have in the dressing room during the next few years during our inevitable squad transmission, and then Championship push.Personally I''d settle for £8/£10 mil, plus Walters.I think Crouch would be more likely to take an overseas stink in say the MLS, rather than drop down to the Championship.

Walters crouch and cash??? I can''t see that happening. When we first got Redmond I had quite high hopes for him, he never managed to hit the level I thought he''d be at by now. I can''t even really remember a real decent purple patch he''s had.

I`m sure I read in a piece where AN was dismissing the Rangers/Dorrans "transfer" that the only player they had received enquiries about was Redmond  and eight PL clubs had contacted us over his availability.If there are eight PL clubs with an interest  in buying Redmond then his price is going to be nearer £15 million than £8 million.Much as I like Crouch I hope that we don`t go down the big man up front route or we will be watching hoofball next season.

i am sure redmond would want to join if true

i am told he spents alot of time on his days off in birmingham as his family are there

would suit all parties not progressed as much as i thought he would have

The transfer figure being used is circa £8m for him. To me that is undervaluing him for a number of reasons. The Prem teams have more money so I think everyone outside the Prem will be asking for inflated prices. Secondly, if you look and see what some players were transferred for in January it again makes that figure look too small. McCormack for c£12m for example.

Its seems very likely that he will go but from our point of few its got to be good business for us as well.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]I`m sure I read in a piece where AN was dismissing the Rangers/Dorrans "transfer" that the only player they had received enquiries about was Redmond  and eight PL clubs had contacted us over his availability.If there are eight PL clubs with an interest  in buying Redmond then his price is going to be nearer £15 million than £8 million.Much as I like Crouch I hope that we don`t go down the big man up front route or we will be watching hoofball next season.[/quote]Yes, we should play the bus tard for once.  If there are eight clubs interested in him we should play them off against each other.  £15 million should be a minimum.  Any other Premier League club would want £20 million for a young English player of his type.  Redderz, in the right team, utilised in the right way, with good players around him, would be very good indeed.Hopefully we would then invest that money wisely.

Stoke don''t really have anyone I would be particularly thrilled to sign, that we could also realistically expect to get.

I would just press for the biggest price up front, and go with that- though this is all assuming that we have to sell.

[quote user="Mason 47"]Stoke don''t really have anyone I would be particularly thrilled to sign, that we could also realistically expect to get.

I would just press for the biggest price up front, and go with that- though this is all assuming that we have to sell.[/quote]No it''s not.  There are other factors that come into it.

Don''t forget the new higher TV deals in the Prem, so that''s another 10m added to his value, 25m should just about do it.

Worth keeping in mind that Birmingham City receive 15% of any profit we make from selling Redmond.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Worth keeping in mind that Birmingham City receive 15% of any profit we make from selling Redmond.[/quote]
£50m it is then, and not a penny less!!!

Anybody thinking he will go for £8 million is living in the past. I think you would need to double that figure.

He''s only got a year left on his contract so clubs will be expecting to get him on the cheap-but if 8 are interested we still ought to get a decent price for him, but £15 million? Doubt it.

I''d have thought a headline figure of up to £12m, with add ons.

You need multiple clubs after him willing to pay more than the other to get to 12m. If it''s only Stoke coming in with serious offers AND he wants to go AND we are happy to sell, it will be way under 10m that he goes for.

So, if all 3 factors are true i would expect a swap of some sort to hide the low transfer value.

Am I right in thinking Rhodes and McCormack were sold with ''only'' 12 months left on their contracts and both attracted figures around £10m?

On that basis, Redmond is better than both of them, and has more potential to become a full international, so we ought to be looking for at least that figure.

I really hope we don''t let him go on the cheap. He may have a release clause in his contract though...

We should make it public as Blackburn did when selling Rhodes, put a

price on his head of 12-15 million, someone will come along as

Middlesboro'' did for Rhodes.

15 mil!! lol - he couldn''t even hold a starting place with a now relegated team (us), was nowhere to be seen in the top 3 player of the season awards. Anyone putting serious money down (12m+) are taking a big gamble, because to get the best you have to find a way to accommodate/build around him - For me he''s not that good to justify such a risk.

Shoddy WAS doing the biz, and he went for half that to Hull.

Lots of potential, but no-one knows if he can achieve that elsewhere or not - he will be sold for a fair price (around 8-9m) based on whether the club think he''s worth keeping or not - that''s the long and short of it.

I would say he''s of far more value to a championship side seriously seeking promotion next season.

He''s only worth what those ten clubs are willing to pay, he''s one player who''s not going to be here at the start of next season, he''s already rejected a new contract last year.

It''ll be around the 10 million mark no doubt, I think it''ll be Southampton, a little birdy said last week that Southampton have been making enquiries since January.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]The transfer figure being used is circa £8m for him. To me that is undervaluing him for a number of reasons. The Prem teams have more money so I think everyone outside the Prem will be asking for inflated prices. Secondly, if you look and see what some players were transferred for in January it again makes that figure look too small. McCormack for c£12m for example.

Its seems very likely that he will go but from our point of few its got to be good business for us as well.[/quote]

Sure if McCormack was a lesser player than Redmond, which he isn''t, so....

[quote user="Felixfan"]£15 million for a top young English player is a snip. It must be our starting price.[/quote]

if we had a top young English player, sure.

[quote user="Felixfan"]£15 million for a top young English player is a snip. It must be our starting price.[/quote]Dreamland.  But let''s not argue, assuming he goes, time will show us the answer.

[quote user="Felixfan"]£15 million for a top young English player is a snip. It must be our starting price.[/quote]:rofl