Sign in to follow this  
pete

50% of replica kits

Sounds an absolute bargain reminders of a terrible season and a truly awful kit. Can''t see too many takers perhaps offer 20% off will still be making profit on kit. If don''t sell what will happen to unsold shirts etc. probably dumped do the right thing and donate to local clubs, overseas or charities.

Tempted to get one- I''m not buying anything with a bookies or a terrible app game on the front of it and those seem to be the rumours doing the rounds about potential new sponsors.

are for Brexit, 50% are for Remain.

It''s as close as that in Norfolk apparently.

(P.S. I sympathise with the OP. having made a few bloomers myself and then cursing at the fact that this is the only forum in the entire universe without an ''Edit'' button.)

50% off will still be making profit on kit.  do you know that if you go to the far east, you can get a replica shirt for as little as £3 and these guys are still making a profit. I wonder what percentage the club makes on these shirts.

[quote user="king canary"]Tempted to get one- I''m not buying anything with a bookies or a terrible app game on the front of it and those seem to be the rumours doing the rounds about potential new sponsors.[/quote]

Yeah thats a major offputter. If thats the case I wont be bothering with it and as for that turd of a kit from last season, if they were giving it away Id refuse one. Il just stick with my 92/93 retro birds*it one that I got last season :)

I''ve said all season that all of the shirts this season were horrific. you''d have to pay me to have one and even then I''d still not be seen dead in it.

The home shirt could have been brilliant but it just looks stupid with the bite out of it. The away shirt could just about be considered tolerable but pin stripes still look stupid on a football shirt (always have always will). The third kit is an affront to all taste and dignity,

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]50% of replica kits are what?[/quote]not the real thing.... (and they really aren''t!)

I got mine this year for free through the Coral offer so I wouldn''t get out of bed for any less than 70%.

As people have already said, the home kit is a nice idea executed very poorly, mainly due to the big yellow square on the front roughly the size of the Aviva marketing department.

I disagree with the earlier assertion that pinstripes never look good on a football kit- I think with our away shirt it is more the fact that they have used a ''cheap'' looking watery-green that really pulls that one down. A South Africa -esque dark green and gold could have looked sweet with the same design.

And then there is our inaugural third kit.

''Norwich are quite friendly with Celtic right?''

''Yeah?''

''And people from Norfolk like the different colours of vegetables, right?''

''....''

''Well, take a look at this!''

Admittedly, it has grown on me a bit. This however does not stop it pretty much being the worst kit in the Premier League last year.

I''m hoping for a lot better this year.

Are people genuinely saying they are going to buy these hideous strips when a new kit (which could be our best ever) is due to go on sale in less than a month? I don''t get that.

[quote user="Bobzilla"]Where are they 50% off? On the club shop website they are still £24. Is that half price?[/quote]Afraid so.

£48 for a full price replica shirt? I know its been a while since I was in the club shop, but WTF?????????????!

In other news, I''m larger than the average bear - take a 48 ish jacket size. Assuming I''m not the lycra type, what size shirt should I go for?