Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

How anti-Suffolk are you?

Would you date "ladies" from Suffolk, if any exist?

Would you drink beer from Suffolk breweries?

When the train pulls into Ipswich station, do you hold your nose and/or your breath? Do you strategically flush the toilet?

Would you live in Suffolk?

Interested in your thoughts.

Funnily enough I''ve just had a bottle of Suffolk bitter. It was half price, then I had my staff discount, I did think twice though.

Jago ? Not half.

Massively anti-Suffolk.

I''m of the honest opinion Norfolk should get self rule grant holt should be made emperor for life and, while leading us on horseback, we invade the border towns of Suffolk and claim them for our own.

Im being serious. Now post this on twtd Ipswich board stalker, we are still going to beat your club down yet again this season.

I think taking football rivalry that far is a bit daft.

Tolly-Cobbold is a great beer and I once fancied a girl from Ipswich no end.

Parts of Suffolk are glorious, some of the coastal bits easily rival the North Norfolk coast.

I may be biased though because apparently my family tree originates in Framlingham.

Now for the other bit. having recently having to travel back from a Friday night old friends ''do'' in Norwich I decided that I was probably too hung over to complete my journey.

I decided to hole out at Ipswich, for curio really as I had not been there for years and picked the Novotel.

The nearby pub was the Punch and Judy, it was match day. Oh my goodness!

I was genuinely taken aback as the pub gradually filled with all these peculiar creatures wearing blue and white scarves.

Talk about ''Planet Ipswich.'' What a scruffy bedraggled, toothless, tattooed bunch they were. Covered in more ink than the average Parliamentary enquiry all the ladies were of the short-legged, fat-ars-d variety (which instantly adds another aspect to the OP''s question about a Suffolk girlfriend.)

Never again! Apparently there are some nice pubs in the town though.

I love living here and apart from that blot on the landscape that is Portman road both Norfolk and Suffolk are great places to live and work.

When the chips are down I am a Norfolk boy and we have a great Canary following down here and lots of baiting at Ipswich station on match days.

I always stick the V''s up in the general direction of Piswich much to the wife''s bemusement/embarrassment whenever I have the misfortune to have my route necessitate being on the A12.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]Oh and I did give a Suffolk lady one up the arris, just for good measure.[/quote]......and she still insisted the baby was yours! [:S]

So does that mean our Delia is also disliked and should be run out of the club unless she moves into Norfolk?

The old A11 where there was always a tailback at Elveden I cursed that it was in Suffolk and was very pleased to get to Norfolk, ''coz then it meant I was heading towards the fine City. 

I apologise, but I am extremely sad.

We have a blue mug in the house, & my Wife knows not to make me a cup of tea in it as I will not drink it, I have accidentally dropped it a couple of times, but the bloody thing didn''t break.

My Wife bought me a blue & white pin striped shirt to wear at work. Obviously it is in the wardrobe unworn.

When re-decorating the bathroom, my Wife said she would like to make it a beach themed room with blue walls. I told her I would divorce her if she did.

Likewise, my Wife suggested our new summerhouse should be decorated as if it was a beach hut & suggested a blue & white colour scheme. I said I would set a match to it unless it was painted green.

Come to think of it, my Wife is constantly suggesting blue colour schemes, is she a closet binner ?

Oh my, I think I need a solicitor . . . . . .

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Would you date "ladies" from Suffolk, if any exist?

Would you drink beer from Suffolk breweries?

When the train pulls into Ipswich station, do you hold your nose and/or your breath? Do you strategically flush the toilet?

Would you live in Suffolk?

Interested in your thoughts.[/quote]Dear Lord, how insular can people get? [:P]

I do believe we choose to attack towards Suffolk in the second half. Not sure what can be read into this fact though...

I spoke with two Binners who were out in the City tonight (Saturday)

I thanked them in advance for the six points and one of the dozy gits said

"we already know that we''re going to give you six points, so it doesn''t count!"

I was laughing so much, I forgot to hurt them.

I used to spit out of the window every time I drove back home through Red Lodge.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]I used to spit out of the window every time I drove back home through Red Lodge.[/quote]

I did exactly the same thing Fuzz! Even in heavy rain I''d wind the windows down and hack up a good one.

Like any county, there are some very pleasant places to live and some not so nice places to live. I thoroughly enjoy living in Bury St Edmunds. It''s a really nice town with an awful lot going for it.

However, putting the rivalry aside, Ipswich as a town centre is a complete disaster and offers very little. It speaks volumes that I have lived in Suffolk for two years and only been to Ipswich twice in that time. For the league and play off games.

lived in Bury for two years. Always supported city. Went to a mid week cup replay at Portman rd. Only coach driver and myself supported city who won the match. Had the traditional pub stop in Stowmarket on the way home only the Driver and yours truly ventured into the bar all the others sat on the bus. So we extended the normal stay from 30 minutes to an hour. It was a happy night.

I''m ferociously anti-Ipswich, but pro-Suffolk. A decent county with a god-awful county town!

I was brought up, and now live again, in North Suffolk but slightly closer to Norwich than Ipswich.

Coming form a non-footballing family I had to make a conscious decision at the age of about 10 of who to support... I''d never actually been to Ipswich (with good reason it transpired!) and was pretty familiar with that fine city. It wasn''t a hard decision...