Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Bring back Lambert!

Celtic have appointed Rogers and we don''t have to worry about Bowkett and MacInally. Get Lambert back now and make Carrow Road exciting again!

If things don''t go well here by December, then yes.

Currently happy to have Alex as manager.

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]Would rather have Neil. Much better manager![/quote]I wouldnt even compare Neil to Lambert its like comparing a Prem team with a League 2 side , fail this season and i very much doubt Neil will ever be heard of again . Neil had more money to spend than Lambert and Hughton and was comfortably the worst of the three , everybody clings to the fact hes young and will improve with time , we will see.

Why the assumption that Neil will improve ? He may have reached his limit.Lambert hardly set the Prem on fire with Villa, did he ? The Villa fans lost trust in him with his team selection long before he was given the boot.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="Ricky Spanish"]Would rather have Neil. Much better manager![/quote]I wouldnt even compare Neil to Lambert its like comparing a Prem team with a League 2 side , fail this season and i very much doubt Neil will ever be heard of again . Neil had more money to spend than Lambert and Hughton and was comfortably the worst of the three , everybody clings to the fact hes young and will improve with time , we will see.[/quote]

Hughton inherited a successful side and ruined it.

Lambert is no good without Culverhouse.

Neil is the best of the three, get rid of him and we will end up with another Roeder.

We are locked into AN for the start of next season so any managerial debate it pointless unless he has a bad start. If this happens then the illusion of the the best young manager in the world will evaporate. He cannot afford anything more than success next season. As for Lambert he is the best manager we have had since Mike Walker in his first spell and i would be happy to have lambert back, but the timing is not right and alas by the time it is clearer if AN will be a success or otherwise Lambert will be employed again

Carrow Road is exciting!

Where else in the country can you go to see your side score 4 goals and still manage to lose?!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]We are locked into AN for the start of next season so any managerial debate it pointless unless he has a bad start. If this happens then the illusion of the the best young manager in the world will evaporate. He cannot afford anything more than success next season. As for Lambert he is the best manager we have had since Mike Walker in his first spell and i would be happy to have lambert back, but the timing is not right and alas by the time it is clearer if AN will be a success or otherwise Lambert will be employed again[/quote]

After his last 2 efforts ? doubt it. Would be a huge risk for any champs / PL club. Based on his recent record if we did not have a connection I would be horrified if he was linked with our club. Even if he made a success of it he would s^^t on us at the first opportunity

Poor Lambo, hopped off the Blackburn bus to get the Celtic job and beaten by Rogers.

Still, at least he did it in time to enjoy the summer.

Apples

"Some tried a second time but none succeeded."

Yet there is no logical reason for that.

A managerial appointment from both side is always touch and go.

Success depends upon a lot of factors falling into place at the right time. A contributor to Lambert''s success was the Holt phenomena, for example.

Managers are successful at some clubs, fail at others and then are successful again.

It''s will always be a merry-go-round reliant upon things clicking in to place. The particular talents of that manager are important but not fundamental.

A returning manger should be no more a risk than any other managerial appointment a club makes.

It depends upon the situation.

It can be the same with players. RvW clicked at Sporting, Naismith made a name for himself at Everton. Bradley Johnson has not done nearly as well at Derby as anticipated by his fee.

Re: Lambert.

If AN has failed to achieve much after ten games and Lambert was to be available then his appointment, even for the remainder of that season, would surely be a risk worth taking.

You have to be thick-skinned in the World of Professional Football the stakes are so very high.

[quote user="hardley1"]Some tried a second time but none succeeded.[/quote]

None? As already pointed out on this thread; Eddie Howe has done pretty well since his return to Bournemouth...

Redknapp returned to Portsmouth and won them the FA Cup.

Pulis returned to Stoke and got them to FA Cup final, and a spot in Europe.

Eddie Howe at Bournemouth currently.

And without Nigel Pearson returning to Leicester they would never have gone on to win the prem.

In fact, while Mike Walker didn''t have success with us on his return he brought in Iwan Roberts and Craig Fleming - both players become a huge part of our club and success leading up to the return to the prem under Worthy.

As it stands Lambert could never achieve what he had previously here, so he would always be a disappointment. I think that''s the issue with most ''legendary'' like managers who return to the helm at the top flight. (Dalgish/Keegan etc.).

I bet there''s tons of managers who return at lower level to have more success as their experience grows.

Mourinho went back to Chelsea and won them the PL.

At the moment we have the antithesis of what Lambert succeeded with, the philosophy was young and hungry. Now except for Nathan and the Murphys what we have gone for is old and slow.

I think that Alex Neil is way out of his depth and should return to Scotland where he came from!

If however, NCFC give him a reprieve then he should be informed that he has a certain time to get results in i.e 6 games and 18 points and if he fails that he is out.

He must not assume that he has automatic rights to run the team! he needs pulling down a peg or two.

The "young and hungry" thing is a myth. Name some key members of the team under Lambert who would fit that description. Unless you include Holty in that since he looked like he had a decent appetite?

Young to me is in terms of their experience and stage of career, it can''t always be aligned with age alone.

Two examples at either end of the spectrum are Ian Wright and Wayne Rooney. Ian Wright was 22/23 (i think) when he became a professional and he had unbelievable hunger and desire to prove himself, and took it with him throughout his career.

Wayne Rooney on the other hand, while young in age, had so much baggage by the age that Ian Wright was then starting at, he was no longer really considered a ''young'' player - it had the opposite effect on him in fact. He has shown many periods of burn out in his career already.