Sign in to follow this  
WesHoolahansDefendant

Losing our whitts

Looks like a sensible decision to me, decent experienced back up for two positions being left or right back and I`m assuming, happy to play the back up role. Why all the hate for Mulumbu?Looked like a great signing after playing really well in pre season and then got injured and after recovering only played a minor part after that. Players form goes up and down with nearly all the squad being "dropped" at some point last season, so unless I missed something, other than loss of form (perhaps temporarily) why people want him shipped out?

Moving Mulumbu on is more about the high number of central midfielders and him being on the fringe rather than a lack of ability. There are a lot of players ahead of him in the pecking order and I think it makes more sense to try and free up his wages for elsewhere in the squad where improvements are needed. As things stand it''s reasonable to say that O''Neil, Howson, Tettey and Dorrans are ahead of him so do we really need him as 5th choice?

But are Howson and Tettey going to be here next season?  I''d be surprised if we don''t receive decent offers for both.

I think Tettey will go, simply because of his knee, he said before he couldn''t take two games a week but he pushed through the pain to help get us promoted. It would be unfair to ask him to further play his knee up or be a bit part Championship player, he''s better than that.

I think Howson might stay, POTS, settled here, goes under the radar of other clubs and is one of Neil''s favourite players. To be honest I just want Mulumbu to hopefully go because he''s on a reported 40kpw and he just isn''t worth that, even if he does improve, that''s too much me.

I hope it doesnt mean Martin is seen as a centre back!

Lets hope we dont have to play Whittaker and Martin together in the same match. They were weak two seasons ago and they are certainly not getting better.

Little ''ld Norwich rides again.

We won''t know for certain until September Pyro, where as both were fairly steady in the premier league last season I don''t think either showed enough for the vultures to begin circling. If Tettey is to go it would be more likely that it is abroad but as we all know he has a few issues with his knees and this could put any suiters he may have off spending the money we would likely want for him.