Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

The crapness of Scottish football

The level of football in Scotland is poor but that is something that cannot be said of the supporters of some of those clubs.

It is very disappointing that teams with such a fan base as Celtic and Rangers only have the SPL to watch on a regular basis.

Perhaps another reason to introduce a European League to give them the chance of playing against the best on a more regular basis otherwise, as is happening, they will never improve.

I agree, a European League of Scotland, Iceland, Faroe islands, Jersey, Luxembourg and Rockall would be a real ratings winner.

As for the fans, the clowns that follow Rangers appear to have a very short memory amid their current bleating and wailing...2008, Manchester anyone???

Apples

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]On BT sport, I am watching the Premiership playoff final 1st leg between Falkirk and Kilmarnock.

Apparently the winners get to play in the Scottish Premiership next season.

Anyway, it is appalling.

It is all played at 100mph with no obvious skill or subtlety from any of the players, and the amount of hoofing would make the 1980s Wimbledon side blush.

If this is the standard of the lower Scottish Premier League and lower divisions, then Scottish sport is in a lot of trouble and anyone with a bit of tactical nous and an ability to communicate could be a successful manager.

I am not convinced the Vanarama league is worse than this.[/quote]

Gary Hooper and Nikica Jelavic had success in it, what in the world made you think it was better than Vanarama N/S?

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Both Hooper and Wolf were big goalscorers for big fish in little ponds. It is unsurprising that when up against quality opposition they failed woefully, with Wolf failing more than Hooper to be fair.

I would not buy any player from the Scottish leagues on last night''s showing. League Two at best.[/quote]And yet on other threads you are telling people that Whittaker and Martin (two very average Scottish players) are more than good enough for City ? Lets be honest Scottish football is crap even Wales and Northern Ireland are going to the Euro''s and that crappiness does include our own Scotts .

Apples wrote; As for the fans, the clowns that follow Rangers appear to have a very short memory amid their current bleating and wailing...2008, Manchester anyone???

You are absolutely correct Apples, that is the sad side of Scottish football, small country, and hate to say it but last weekend with Hibs, just shows all the crap never disappears, just lies dormant until the opportunity presents itself.

Totally agree LC. As an outsider, the whole nonsense baffles me.

The nerve of the Rangers statement was astonishing though (considering the flares, sectarian singing and their fan''s part in the fighting), but I''m afraid they''re as bad as each other ultimately.

Here''s a good picture of a Rangers fan, I think he''s trying to hand back a corner flag he found on the pitch...

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxam2KcfuGxAruGEaNLwN4Fzuh1Iweh5ii_yNgEZHXNGzPN1-AFg

Apples