Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

Pinkin podcast

Didn''t really want to start a new thread on this, but found it really funny listening to the last podcast of the season. Michael Bailey kept saying ''Alec'' every single time when mentioning Alex Neil. You''d think as part of the pinkun team, he would know his name!

Also, it really tickled me inside when Paddy Davitt said '' The key thing for me is that Alex Neil said he wants to stay, and he''ll have Balls around him...." Really cracked me up that he said that.

In defence of Michael Bailey he has stated a number of times that this is how those who know the manager personally pronounce his forename ... it''s not an accidental gaffe.

I''m sure that in AN''s first ever interview on the offy site, the interviewer asked ''is it Alex or Alec?''. AN said ''Alex is fine'' and the interviewer went on to call him Alec. He must have misheard. I wonder if this is where it stemmed from?

Many called Alex Ferguson, Alec. Those who knew him personally anyway. Thought this was widely known. Funny that you thought it was a mistake though :-)

I enjoy the Pink''un podcast. Though I wish they would:a) Buy a decent microphone.b) Record it somewhere with decent acoustics - not somewhere you can overhear Brenda from accounts discussing her lunch plans in the background, or motorway service stations.c) Release them on a regular schedule.Also, Web Team Pete is normally the voice of reason, and should feature much more.

I just don''t see the point. Alex is his name and saying Alec takes the same amount of time. If it was Alexander shortened to Alec or Alex I''d get it, but it makes no sense.

I too wish they held a more regular schedule with release dates.

Think the podcast is great, always well reasoned thoughts and they''re happy to question one another.

I particularly like Paddy''s input as he''s not as ingrained with the club on a personal level as most of our local media is.

Also - Listen to the content, not the room acoustics ffs! The easier it is for them to sit in a room and chat the better.

Seattle - Alex said himself he is fine with being called Alec.Pyro Pete - Your cheque is in the post.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]I enjoy the Pink''un podcast. Though I wish they would:a) Buy a decent microphone.b) Record it somewhere with decent acoustics - not somewhere you can overhear Brenda from accounts discussing her lunch plans in the background, or motorway service stations.c) Release them on a regular schedule.Also, Web Team Pete is normally the voice of reason, and should feature much more.[/quote]I thought that was far and away the most interesting bit...