Sign in to follow this  

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Indy"]Financial stability, a strategy, financial control and a breath of fresh air, Bowkett drove the club forward, Ed Balls has yet to deliver anything other than a smug faced interview and relegation in his first 6 months.

I''m just alluding to Purple amongst others who are pro Balls and said about his fine Paper CV and little black book of super rich contacts.

I''m still waiting for a positive impact from our Chair.
[/quote]I do think he has the brains and the vision to be a good chairman in the long term (the Balls with the really good contacts among the mega-rich is probably more younger brother Andrew, but I imagine they talk to one another).Ed has only been in the job (which is not a full-tme executive position anyway) for five months, so I really don''t know what kind of impact you expect him to have had. I assume you are not blaming him for our relegation. To do so would be perverse.But if you want a sign of  his judgment and strength of purpose I would point you to the board''s handling of McNally affair. No immediate rush to accept or reject the resignation but a short time for a bit of reflection. Then, rather than some plea to stay, which would have been a mistake, a unanimous acceptance. Cleanly done.[/quote]No immediate rush???  [:^)]  Come on Purple.  It was in all likelihood done at the very first opportunity (Monday) for the remainder of the board to meet for an emergency meeting following McNally''s escapades late Saturday night/early Sunday morning.

[quote user="Indy"]Not blaming balls for relegation but it''s on his CV.

Your view of the handling of McNally is your view, it could have been dealt with very differently, but yes he put the view of a United board, it could be argued that if the majority share holders too that view the others just backed them. That''s being very critical of the board, and as we don''t know what was said its just a different view.

I''m still to be convinced by the make up of this board, but nothing I can do about so will watch the impact.[/quote]So you are blaming him.  To reply to Slim, you don''t have to meet to have a board meeting. Opinions can be canvassed by phone and/or video-conferencing, so if the directors had wanted to rush in and accept or reject and announce it they certainly could have done that on the Sunday morning.

No purple I''m not, you can''t blame Klose for relegation but it''s on his CV too.

Just how it is.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Indy"]How long have you been a city fan LOS?

I believe if you check Bowkett joined in July 2009 as Chairman, after we were relegated and even if people wish to argue, on the advice from certain financial institutions involved in the debt at the time.

It was the relegation and financial crises which pushed the board at that time to act and change.

McNally was thanks to Hodgson.[/quote]

The incident I was referring to was in the 2013/14 season.Bowkett added: “We’ll be fine. We’ll be approaching the top half of the table by the end of the season.”

[/quote]

Fair enough, LOS, the way it posted thought you were referring to first 6 months.

[quote user="Indy"]No purple I''m not, you can''t blame Klose for relegation but it''s on his CV too.

Just how it is.[/quote]Based on what I read of Klose''s early performances I could do just that. If you say, as you did about Balls, that something bad is on someone''s CV you are implying they share at least part of the blame. Otherwise you are mentioning a total irrelevancy, and why bother doing that?

Well in that case they are all to blame or no one is to blame Purple!

Which is it? As he''s part of the club then yep I''ll apportion part of the blame to him.

[quote user="Indy"]Well in that case they are all to blame or no one is to blame Purple!

Which is it? As he''s part of the club then yep I''ll apportion part of the blame to him.[/quote]Hurrah! We finally got there.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Indy"]Not blaming balls for relegation but it''s on his CV.

Your view of the handling of McNally is your view, it could have been dealt with very differently, but yes he put the view of a United board, it could be argued that if the majority share holders too that view the others just backed them. That''s being very critical of the board, and as we don''t know what was said its just a different view.

I''m still to be convinced by the make up of this board, but nothing I can do about so will watch the impact.[/quote]So you are blaming him.  To reply to Slim, you don''t have to meet to have a board meeting. Opinions can be canvassed by phone and/or video-conferencing, so if the directors had wanted to rush in and accept or reject and announce it they certainly could have done that on the Sunday morning.[/quote]I thought that''s what you''d say.  [;)]