Sign in to follow this  

Regardless of which side you support i would have thought given all the problems facing our club ie relegation, needing a new chief executive and players coming and going he would have better Norwich City related matters to do rather than turning out with George Osborne to promote EU membership. We hardly saw or heard from him after appointment other than seeing him in the great British Bake Off, a little cameo to say that Mc Nallys resignation has disrupted the club now this.

Alas sums up our Board at the moment, Mc Nally could be an acquired taste but he knew his football, we are left with Delia and Hubby hardly the strongest track record, Ed and a chap from Gala Bingo and Delias nephew. I bet AN wonders who best to talk to

Regardless of which side you support Yorkshire Canary has a sunny outlook on life....just not NCFC.

Do you expect our (unpaid) chairman to be doing nothing other than reading CVs and contacting Monster to try and find our new CEO or is he allowed to actually have other commitments? I can assure you that Bowkett will have been doing other things than sitting at his desk at Carrow Road and dealing with club related matters all day. Also, regardless of which side you support surely you should be proud that our club has a chairman that has sufficient national/international recognition to be getting headlines regarding a decision that is possibly going to have economic repercussions on a global scale?

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Regardless of which side you support i would have thought given all the problems facing our club ie relegation, needing a new chief executive and players coming and going he would have better Norwich City related matters to do rather than turning out with George Osborne to promote EU membership. We hardly saw or heard from him after appointment other than seeing him in the great British Bake Off, a little cameo to say that Mc Nallys resignation has disrupted the club now this.

Alas sums up our Board at the moment, Mc Nally could be an acquired taste but he knew his football, we are left with Delia and Hubby hardly the strongest track record, Ed and a chap from Gala Bingo and Delias nephew. I bet AN wonders who best to talk to[/quote]The EU meeting was at Stansted Airport, which is hardly in another time zone. And Balls was back in Norwich for the end of season dinner.

i still do not know why is he a non paid chairman ?

also if you do not pay someone it is a little off telling them where and what they should be doing

paid and on a contract then you can control what they do

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i still do not know why is he a non paid chairman ?

also if you do not pay someone it is a little off telling them where and what they should be doing

paid and on a contract then you can control what they do[/quote]That is not what you want from a chairman if you have a paid chief executive, as we do. Much better to have a chairman who isn''t financially beholden to the owners and so can be independent-minded and if need be argue against them.

Well he did do rather well in standing up to the fearsome Andrew Neil a while ago, I seem to recall.

Seriously, the next big appointment is that of a new CEO, which will be much more pertinent to the success or otherwise of our summer dealings than a chairman, paid or not.

That is not what you want from a chairman if you have a paid chief executive, as we do. Much better to have a chairman who isn''t financially beholden to the owners and so can be independent-minded and if need be argue against them.

thanks Purple

i can see what delia has done there ! cunning old fox

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]So Purple, you think that Balls is in a position where he can stand up to and argue with the owners do you? Yeah, I''m sure he can.[/quote]I do indeed, and I am glad we agree on that.

Purple,

It''s possible that we may have already seen him in action a week or so ago!

[quote user="cornish sam"]Regardless of which side you support Yorkshire Canary has a sunny outlook on life....just not NCFC.

Do you expect our (unpaid) chairman to be doing nothing other than reading CVs and contacting Monster to try and find our new CEO or is he allowed to actually have other commitments? I can assure you that Bowkett will have been doing other things than sitting at his desk at Carrow Road and dealing with club related matters all day. Also, regardless of which side you support surely you should be proud that our club has a chairman that has sufficient national/international recognition to be getting headlines regarding a decision that is possibly going to have economic repercussions on a global scale?[/quote]

Unpaid ? So no expenses ? I think not.

I''m sure Ed Balls is more than qualified for his position, given the nature of his career and what he has achieved, there will always be a demand for his knowledge. However he is now working for the club which throughout his career, he remained loyal to. I''m sure he will remain loyal and work as hard as he can to appoint the right man for the job, I have no issues with him at all.

Do you think he''s on the phone to all his rich list contacts offering investment opportunities in our club yet?

So many defending him keep saying just how educated and well connected he is! Still to see any external benefit other than his ability to spin to the press?

Financial stability, a strategy, financial control and a breath of fresh air, Bowkett drove the club forward, Ed Balls has yet to deliver anything other than a smug faced interview and relegation in his first 6 months.

I''m just alluding to Purple amongst others who are pro Balls and said about his fine Paper CV and little black book of super rich contacts.

I''m still waiting for a positive impact from our Chair.

I don''t remember Bowkett acheiving all that in his first six months.I do remember him smugly saying that we should expect mid table mediocrity only to deliver relegation, they all seem to have their moments.

[quote user="Indy"]Financial stability, a strategy, financial control and a breath of fresh air,[/quote]
So all that was Bowkett, and not McNally?

How long have you been a city fan LOS?

I believe if you check Bowkett joined in July 2009 as Chairman, after we were relegated and even if people wish to argue, on the advice from certain financial institutions involved in the debt at the time.

It was the relegation and financial crises which pushed the board at that time to act and change.

McNally was thanks to Hodgson.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="Indy"]Financial stability, a strategy, financial control and a breath of fresh air,[/quote]
[/quote]

Who knows, do you Bor? We might wish to look at them as the duo who delivered more in 7 years then Delia and Doncaster in the previous 13.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="Indy"]Financial stability, a strategy, financial control and a breath of fresh air,[/quote]
[/quote]

Who knows, do you Bor?[/quote]
No, I don''t know either.  But I''m not the one stating opinion as fact.

Wher have I stated my opinion as fact Bor?

I imply my thoughts as asked, you take them as you want.

[quote user="Indy"]Financial stability, a strategy, financial control and a breath of fresh air, Bowkett drove the club forward, Ed Balls has yet to deliver anything other than a smug faced interview and relegation in his first 6 months.

I''m just alluding to Purple amongst others who are pro Balls and said about his fine Paper CV and little black book of super rich contacts.

I''m still waiting for a positive impact from our Chair.
[/quote]I do think he has the brains and the vision to be a good chairman in the long term (the Balls with the really good contacts among the mega-rich is probably more younger brother Andrew, but I imagine they talk to one another).Ed has only been in the job (which is not a full-tme executive position anyway) for five months, so I really don''t know what kind of impact you expect him to have had. I assume you are not blaming him for our relegation. To do so would be perverse.But if you want a sign of  his judgment and strength of purpose I would point you to the board''s handling of McNally affair. No immediate rush to accept or reject the resignation but a short time for a bit of reflection. Then, rather than some plea to stay, which would have been a mistake, a unanimous acceptance. Cleanly done.

Not blaming balls for relegation but it''s on his CV.

Your view of the handling of McNally is your view, it could have been dealt with very differently, but yes he put the view of a United board, it could be argued that if the majority share holders too that view the others just backed them. That''s being very critical of the board, and as we don''t know what was said its just a different view.

I''m still to be convinced by the make up of this board, but nothing I can do about so will watch the impact.

[quote user="Indy"]How long have you been a city fan LOS?

I believe if you check Bowkett joined in July 2009 as Chairman, after we were relegated and even if people wish to argue, on the advice from certain financial institutions involved in the debt at the time.

It was the relegation and financial crises which pushed the board at that time to act and change.

McNally was thanks to Hodgson.[/quote]

The incident I was referring to was in the 2013/14 season.Bowkett added: “We’ll be fine. We’ll be approaching the top half of the table by the end of the season.”