Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Only 8 million !

It''d need to be well over 10 for it to even be considered for me

With only a year left on his contract we are not in the strongest of positions. We must not forget either that we will have to pay Birmingham 15% on any fee over 3M. I would like to think we could push it to £10m which would give us just under £9m to reinvest

That can''t be right. I thought we were the only team in the world that ever go in with low bids to start with and work our way up.

It depends to me upon just what''s in the players head.

This low bid, especially after deductions, means that he is worth far more to us as a major part of our bid for a quick return, and we would then get tribunal money.

He is worth much more than this to us.

The only good thing about playing for Stoke for Redmond, apart from current status, would seem to be it''s proximity to his homeland.

The fact remains that he has not shown enough to excite any of the traditional top six, Leicester apart, who are usually the biggest spenders.

Far too early doors. We need an auction and, according to AN, deep pockets. We need to be better off after any sale than we would be by keeping him.

Actually didn''t think that was too bad a bid for the first toe in the water. I doubt Stoke thought we''d take that so early in the close season so it seems certain they will go higher.

Looks like it will end up above £10 just based on negotiations usually play out - especially as it seems that a number of clubs are interested.

The key will be how much Nathan wants to move. He can clearly get himself a premiership club if he wants one.

It''s less than we were supposed to have paid for Naismith.

Ugh!

We can of course have it both ways.

Refuse to sell. See what the situation is with the player by the Winter window and if it''s bad then sell. We would get just as much.

Remember when we bid £2m for Brady last year? On that pattern, Redmond will only leave when we get £28m for him!

I''m a little torn - having seen him over the last few seasons we all know that he does rather flatter to decieve; I know several people who waxed lyrical about him before actually seeing him and left not as impressed as they thought they''d be, assuming they had seen him on an off day. But he does have ability, and still has a good reputation which is not harmed at all by his u21 performances for England. IMO if the right fee doesn''t come along he could come off excellently for us next season.

When you consider the fees paid for the likes of Mings last season, £8m shouldn''t be close to enough - particularly when you factor in the new tv money - but is probably a fair opening gambit.

He is going to be sold but for a lot more than £8 million.IMO they would need to double it.

Remember how much Jarvis went for when Wolves were relegated. We often end up selling our players for less than our peers would and I''ll be fuming if it happens again. He''s a young English winger with plenty of PL experience who scores and creates goals. 12m up front at the absolute minimum. I''m hoping for 15 million in total in today''s climate and I''ll be disappointed with less than that.

We paid 3 million, we''ve probably paid him 2M in wages and have developed him for 3 years. we''d also be due compensation if he left in a year''s time so I can''t see the value at all in just getting 8 million for him. Hopefully we''ll hear this offer was turned down immediately.

i don''t care how NCFC fans rate him, he''s extremely well thought of by opposition fans and people inside the game, even if you could argue he''s only an 8 million player there''s other factors at play that mean we should be hoping for around double that.

Buyer puts in low first bid shocker

Given that its the start of the window, why on earth would we accept ?  They''re just getting the ball rolling.  So I''d guess the price ends up around £12m-£15m.

As a first bid, its about right, Lord knows what we''d have offered if the boot was on the other foot.

Someone said we''d developed him for three years, well, we havent done a very good job then as i believe that he''s no better now than he was then.

As ICF said, if we end up selling for 13m ish then that will give us 10 to play with after Brums bit and other scavengers.

I''d be ok with that.