Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Ricky Martin

Part of our football board apparently, also big part of our youth setup for many years. Just wondering what benefit this fella is to our club? Not being critical, just want someone to explain what it is he does here. Was he a player? Does he have good contacts? What''s the story?

Can you hear that?

That rumbling?

It could only be...

RICKY MARTIN REFERENCES

DADA DADADADADAAAA DADA DADADADADAAAA!

She''s in

To superstitions!

Black cats and voodoo dolls!

I feel a premonition!

This threads guna solve f£&@ aaaaall!

Pity the man in Lanzarote is not here to fill us all in about the man from Mulbarton. In his absence I''ll post this link where Ricky Martin himself explains his role. But to be fair it''s all common knowledge anyway so I''ll wait to find what agendas surface as the thread progresses.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/20140707-ricky-martin-technical-director-1720090.aspx

I don''t think there''s any doubt Ricky was the best qualified person at the club to fill this role. If there were more qualified people outside this a chance to explain who and why.

It seems top me that Ricky Martin has already identified places where Colney needs improving and that those improvements have been and are taking place. If the results are as good as the transition to a grade one academy then his appointment will have been an unqualified success.

Over to the haters...

Nope I like Ricky having met him a few times, then again I like Delia having had the pleasure of a few functions where I got to meet her and her lovely mum.

Not saying they are best qualified to do what they do but are doing the best they can, that''s enough for me.

I have nothing to say as I can''t do anything to change it........

Suspect he would struggle to get anywhere near as far at another club of this stature or lesser.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Part of our football board apparently, also big part of our youth setup for many years. Just wondering what benefit this fella is to our club? Not being critical, just want someone to explain what it is he does here.[/quote]
For one thing, he has a strict routine with the youth players.....
[8]
He makes you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain,
He makes you live the crazy life, and he''ll take away your pain
like a bullet to the brain - COME ON!
[img]http://i.giphy.com/MsUE87gxDMwWA.gif[/img]

The link I gave and his interview outline his role. How does he fall short of what''s required to do his job? And if he has fallen short of what''s required what are the areas where this has happened?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Are Delia and her lovely mum on the football board now??[/quote]

Who''s said anything of the sort Nutty, you trying to derail a thread again?

Why are you so in love with our Ricky is the real question, our youth system has yet to produce anything under his control, we have hope in the Murphy boys but apart from them where''s the direct reward?

Not derailing anything Indy. You brought Delia and her lovely mum onto the thread. I''m sticking to the facts to try and get answers as to where Ricky Martin falls short in his role as technical director. Surely it''s about whether he''s fit to do his job and not about personal likes or dislikes.

Where do you think he''s failed in his role of technical director Indy?

I haven''t said he''s failed, I''m not in a position to comment, he doesn''t work for me, I sold my City share a few years back.

I never said Delia & her mum were on the football board you made ref to this, I just commented that they do their best in what they do.

That aside they genuinely are very nice people, when I''ve had the pleasure of talking with them, but then so was Hughton and Gunny.

If the OP is taken on face value each one of your posts was an attempt to derail. As are most of the others. There was a chance here to debate the problems posters have with Ricky Martin''s performance as tech director. I am genuinely interested in why this guy gets so much stick since he was appointed.

Off you go again only seeing it from your little view.......

If you read the OP he''s not got a problem with Ricky, but ask a very simple question, he''s actually said he''s not being critical, but you always find the need to turn threads into a battle.

Let''s get back on topic then.

That''s spot on Indy. And then I answered the OP to the best of my ability while staying on topic. Within minutes you popped up to try and derail. Why?

Not at all, was having a bit of fun with you as I know how passionate your view on Ricky from other threads, but as normal you go OTT on me, had that been one of your forum mates there''d be no issue.

Anyhow, we''ll never have that ability for a lighthearted dig, so shall we move on or carry on this side debate on back on topic?

Ricky martin was technical director but also was moved towards the transfer side of things as a certain ex member of staff didnt get on with some of the transfer / agents

i was told Ricky was more of a peoples person ( by staff member )

i dont know how much he did but i think he dealt with the more paper side of things maybe meet a greeting agents ?

Indy. I don''t do forum mates. I''m never lighthearted with you anymore because in the past you''ve reacted like a scalded cat so many times ive learned not to bother.

If you make an on topic post following this it will be your first of the thread. I dare you...

Can''t get out right now Rowdee. Where did you want me to go anyway?

The reason I questioned your post was because you''ve not previously seemed so clueless about our football club. Ricky''s role has never been a secret and I linked to it fast enough. Maybe you get out too much?

Now you''ve found out a bit more about what he does what are your current thoughts about Ricky?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Not derailing anything Indy. You brought Delia and her lovely mum onto the thread. I''m sticking to the facts to try and get answers as to where Ricky Martin falls short in his role as technical director. Surely it''s about whether he''s fit to do his job and not about personal likes or dislikes.

Where do you think he''s failed in his role of technical director Indy?[/quote]Allow me to address that for you. In his role as "Technical Director" his remit would be to work along side the manager and provide advice or technical assistance on footballing issues, such as coaching, dietary requirements, medical and transfers as part of our "footballing board". As such the coaching, nutritional advice and medical care last season were good enough to see us finish as the second worst team in the league, with our transfer signings for the most part, bar the signings of Brady and Klose, abject. So other than failing in the the main roles of his job description as Director of Football, sorry I mean Technical Director, he''s doing a bang up job. Not bad for someone who played for Wroxham.But of course because he stops and has a friendly chat with Nigel whenever he see him it must mean he is doing a grand job.

That''s an interesting point of view tootsie. If his influence in our relegation was greater than the manager and his coaches then I''m afraid that''s a pretty damning verdict of Alex Niel. When Alex came to our fans forum he didn''t seem the type to allow such a bad influence. Your picture paints a very dim view of the future buddy.