Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Transfer window

Seems to be a bit of confusion on here about when the summer transfer window opens. For example......[quote user="Pyro Pete"]The transfer window doesn''t re-open until July anyway. No need to panic.[/quote]Just checked and it opens on Thursday, June 9th and closes Wednesday, August 31.More details Here.

Something else that I''ve not seen mentioned on here is that the 93 day emergency loan system has been scrapped for this season, meaning loan players can only be signed during each transfer window unlike before when the emergency loan window was re-opened one week after the official windows closed.This should be beneficial to us as we can afford to carry a big squad and not have to rely on loans unlike many other Championship clubs. It also mean if we are hit hard with injuries or suspensions we would have to draught in the youngsters as we would be unable to go out and sign a player from another club on an emergency loan.All good...

Not sure I agree about the scrapping of the emergency loan system. It might be good in that we can afford a larger squad but it will also probably mean our youngsters get less exposure to proper football due to us keeping hold of them to potentially cover injuries and other teams not wanting to commit to having a youngster that they won''t need.

All in all I''m against the scrapping of the loan window for many reasons but mainly because I think that it unfairly penalises clubs that don''t have much money.

[quote user="cornish sam"]All in all I''m against the scrapping of the loan window for many reasons but mainly because I think that it unfairly penalises clubs that don''t have much money.[/quote]Players (young or otherwise) can still be loaned out but it must be done during the normal transfer windows. With top clubs having to loan players all at the same time, I think there will be a glut of players available at the end of each window meaning loan fees are likely to be reduced. Also, young players thinking of joining the big clubs may think twice if only periodic U21 football is on offer and they may decide they can achieve more by staying with their parent club and getting regular first team football.

How amusing. I was quoting Alex Neil from this Pink''un article where he says:"For a start the market doesn’t open up until July 1, so that in itself holds things back"Perhaps someone should give NCFC a call...

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]How amusing. I was quoting Alex Neil from this Pink''un article where he says:"For a start the market doesn’t open up until July 1, so that in itself holds things back"Perhaps someone should give NCFC a call...[/quote]Sorry Pete, I wasn''t having a pop. It was just that I''d seen different dates mooted and your quote was the first one I came across to use as an example.You''re quite right though......Neil out![;)]

The loan window, like the change to transfer windows, has been on the radar of FIFA for a long time. It was only left alone in the first place because of very good lobbying by the FL.

There will be a lot of problems within the lower leagues (more especially leagues 1 and 2) where clubs won''t be able to afford all of the players that they need. Most championship clubs will be able to cope without the loan window as they''ll have the squad (or squad + youngsters) to be able to cope.

If you look at the way the PL has coped with the transfer window introduction it''s clear it took them until the last couple of years for teams to work out that they need to plan ahead (us included). The last couple of years teams have been more pro-active in their transfer policies and it''s made the transfer deadline day much less interesting.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]How amusing. I was quoting Alex Neil from this Pink''un article where he says:"For a start the market doesn’t open up until July 1, so that in itself holds things back"Perhaps someone should give NCFC a call...[/quote]The window may open earlier but contracts run from July 1, so in practice most deals happen from then on (even if effectively settled beforehand). This time last year, apart from Dorrans (who was already on loan) signing full-time in May all our deals in and out were signed from that date onwards.