Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Bring Embokanee home

If he''s released the wages are much less of an issue - no transfer fee means we could give him (part of) it as a signing on fee and a lower wage. But it does sound a little odd as didn''t we have an agreement in place to buy him for £6m if it worked out? Surely someone would still stump up some sort of fee (unless his wages really are prohibitive). IMO he''d be excellent in the champs though I''d have been a bit ''meh'' about keeping him in the PL.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]One BIG problem - Wages ![/quote]If he has been released, he currently has no salary at all. I suggest he knows that his wage at Dinamo Kiev was somewhat inflated compared to what he might expect now. Can''t see anyone wanting to lay big money on a 30-year-old with no real track record in a top league. Besides, if we are paying no transfer fee then we might be able to pay more in wages than we otherwise would. It''ll be interesting to see if we make a move for him, and this news certainly makes it more likely. Previously I''d have said our chances were minimal, but a chance to tear up the Championship at a club that already loves him... who knows?

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]One BIG problem - Wages ![/quote]Yup, still has a year left on his Kiev contract so someone has to match the wage he would have got from them or else he can just sit the season out there and get paid big bucks.Why else would they release on a free unless he was on huge wages and it`s cheaper to just release him and hope that a club will use the cash saved on the transfer to match his wage

Says his contract ends next month, and Kiev will not be renewing it. Would love him here, but think it''s unlikely. Apparently there is interest from Ligue 1, La Liga and Jupiler so plenty of competition.

if they want to release him they will pay him off with some agreement

so he will have that in his pocket

then we could give him 3 mill signing on fee ( you would buy him for that in transfer fee given half the chance )

then pay him our max wage of 35 k / 40 a week

i bet after all that i think we might have a chance

Get him, Get Him. Get him.

This will be the first test of NCFC''s resolve/ambition/daring post McNally.

He''ll tear those Chump defences apart.

[quote user="Please Stay Timm Klose"]Says his contract ends next month, and Kiev will not be renewing it. Would love him here, but think it''s unlikely. Apparently there is interest from Ligue 1, La Liga and Jupiler so plenty of competition.[/quote]From the offy site.......
"NORWICH City are delighted to announce the

signing of Dynamo Kiev striker Dieumerci Mbokani on a season-long loan,

with an option to buy, pending the approval of a work permit."Why would we offer to buy if he was out of contract? Doesn''t make sense.

Perhaps Kiev had a year option on his contract?

Because his wages are massive, and would probably dwarf any transfer fee they would get for him? Perhaps there hasn''t been much interest...

I don''t pass on idle gossip, so I will leave you to decide if you want to believe me.

I do know he was on £85K a week and we were paying half

Well, yeah, but now he''s presumably on £0 per week so I would hope if we wanted him then we could maybe meet him at 40% of that.
I hope we don''t want him though, I think we could do better.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]I don''t pass on idle gossip, so I will leave you to decide if you want to believe me.

I do know he was on £85K a week and we were paying half[/quote]

I don''t pass on idle gossip.

But here, have some idle gossip.

"I hope we don''t want him though, I think we could do better."

Are you being serious?

Next season we are a Championship club. Where or how do we get "better?"

We know just what this player has to offer and it certainly isn''t a negative in the light of the season ahead.

Get him, hold on to as many of Redmond, Klose, Brady and Tettey, Howson, Olsson, Pinto and Ruddy and others as is possible and we will be in with a very good shout at success this coming season.

We need a sign that the remaining powers that be at the Club have a real resolve in them to get us back up as soon as is possible.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"I hope we don''t want him though, I think we could do better."

Are you being serious?

Next season we are a Championship club. Where or how do we get "better?" [/quote]
I  am being absolutely serious.  I see Mbokani as a good link-up player who plays with his back to goal, but I do not see him as a prolific goalscorer.  We need a poacher to get 20 or more next season if we are going straight back up.  Jerome can play the target man, we need some variety up front.
For his alleged wages, we could pay good money plus a very decent wage for any number of strikers more suited to an attacking game.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]I don''t pass on idle gossip, so I will leave you to decide if you want to believe me.

I do know he was on £85K a week and we were paying half[/quote]

Are you his accountant?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]For the record Crabby is correct, i heard similar and believe its fact.[/quote]

I''ll start a rumour and then everybody will believe it and pass it on.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]"I hope we don''t want him though, I think we could do better."

Are you being serious?

Next season we are a Championship club. Where or how do we get "better?" [/quote]
I  am being absolutely serious.  I see Mbokani as a good link-up player who plays with his back to goal, but I do not see him as a prolific goalscorer.  We need a poacher to get 20 or more next season if we are going straight back up.  Jerome can play the target man, we need some variety up front.
For his alleged wages, we could pay good money plus a very decent wage for any number of strikers more suited to an attacking game.
[/quote]

I actually kind of agree with this although I wouldn''t say ''do better''- him and Jerome are quite similar (if we could have kept one and sent the other to Kiev I would have kept Mbokani) and Jerome can do a job at this level. A younger player with pace would be a nice addition up front.

I also heard he''s on pretty steep wages. He also made it clear a few changes weeks before the session ended that he wouldn''t stay if we got relegated...

I don''t quite agree KB although there is nothing definite,

Mbokani is a beast up front and is very likely to be a goal-scorer in the Chumps.

Neither is he a one trick pony as far as goal-getting goes. His goals for us this season have revealed a variety of talent that I, personally, would love to see on show next season.

Our soon to be rivals will contain a fair sprinkling of Premier League quality players. This is a position we cannot take a punt at.

Go with what we know, supplemented with a ''find''from the lower leagues, and a couple have been suggested on here already.

If he''s prepared to take a big hit on wages (Say a 2 year deal on £30k with bonuses for promotion etc) then I''d love him back.

If we''d have played him more often we''d have stayed up.

Just think, the useless oaf Jerome looks in the prem, he looks like Drogba in the Championship! Imagine what Mbokani would look like! I bet he''d love it at that level as well.

I don''t disagree with you Broadstairs. I like Mbokani more than Jerome and don''t thin he''s one dimensional. However I don''t think he will come and also thing the money spent on him could be better invested when talking about strikers.