Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Pre season deets released...

Back to Austria, pretty standard. Looks fine to me!

http://norw.ch/PreSeason2016

Wonder if the Coventry friendly is part of the Maddison deal? Hope we can draw a big name for the ''marquee'' friendly on July 30. Anyone remember the 0-0 draw with Germinal Beerschot Antwerpen a few years ago? That was fun.

Or the goat herders we played a few years back where we won 20-0 or something and the "we are a laughing stock" crew were out en masse!

Walsall, Coventry and Peterborough

and throw in Dulwich Hamlet Lowestoft and Dereham All we need is for a last minute game with Hamilton

It just couldn''t get any better.

PS

When I saw Deets released thought it was one of our fringe players on his bike

Not up with all this rubbish jargon

It always makes me laugh there is literally no level of competition that is appropriate pre-season.

Too hard and it''s "what''s the point" too easy and it''s "what''s the point"

I''m always of the opinion "are they football teams I''ve heard of before" if the answer is yes then it''s confirmed to me that it is a football team we are playing and not a cricket team.

We aren''t playing Barcelona and we aren''t playing gorleston u7''s so gues what? It''s fine.

Quite so, Buh - so many people seem to be completely oblivious as to the point of these games. Who we''re playing, within reason, is largely irrelevant - if it was full of Man U, Liverpool and the like some people would be impressed right up until game-time where we''d probably be playing their u21s and getting bog-all out of it.

I live in hope that one day people will learn not to read too much into pre-season. Every year we draw 1-1 with some Austrian 2nd Division side, every year people start complaining and every year we have to wheel out the results from Bryan Gunn''s one pre-season.

A few years ago we played against Hertha Berlin in Austria. (It was Hughton"s first game in charge) I would not mind the same fixture again. Burgenland''s a short drive, I guess I''ll be able to make it.