Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Patrick Bamford

If Boro had won the play-off final and Bamford stayed with them last season he would have been playing with team mates that he knew and for a manager that he knew and his Premiership experience could have been so much different.

Having said that, I too was at the Palace away game and he looked totally unable to deal with the situation. I''m sure he has the talent to do well for us next season as he''s already done it for Boro-but does he have the temperament?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="AJ"]Did he strike me as a player who would fight tooth and nail on a rainy Tuesday night in Rotherham?[/quote]
I seen the above quoted several times on here so it raises the question........

How do you know we will be playing Rotherham away on a Tuesday night? The fixture list isn''t out yet.

And where have you seen a weather forecast that predicts that far ahead?
[;)]
[/quote]

Didn''t we play Rotherham away on a Tuesday last season in the cup ?  And Rotherham does have the feel of a place where it normally rains on a Tuesday night....

Yes and didn''t a certain striker score for us that night?? Maybe we don''t need a new one.....

We should be looking to replace Jerome, the goals are no bigger in the Championship and he will continue to waste sitters .

The only opinion worth considering is Alex Neil''s who has watched Bamford every week for 5 months in training and in the games he played for us. I suspect that he remembered what a good player he was for Boro, then when the Afobe deal didn''t come off, he thought he''d be worth taking on loan for the rest of the season. For whatever reasons, that never happened, so the question is, does he think he''d replicate the Boro form for us next season? Personally, I don''t think he''ll take that risk.

I think that following his season at boro he started to believe he''d made it. last season at Palace and then with us he showed that he''s not quite good enough for the premier league (at the moment). He just didn''t look good enough.

Compare him to Harry Kane, both are strikers at big clubs who are of a similar age and have been sent out on loan a lot. Kane didn''t look very good when with us but took the experience and has clearly learned from the experience. Bamford on the other hand has had a good season in the championship (scoring more in that one season than harry kane did in all his loan spells combined) and hasn''t looked like much since.

Technically he may be very good but until someone can sit him down and get his head in the right place he''s just not good enough to make it at the level we will need him to.

He''s a good player, yes the Palace thing was too much for him but you can''t judge the guys quality on an event like that. He let himself down, ONeil let himself down, it happens but it doesn''t define a career.

He''s young, has ability and will improve and continue to improve with regular football IMO. Much more the sort of player we need as opposed to 29/30 year old strikers.

We are in a sane minority of two

He didn''t play much but my God he looked awful

No desire effort etc etc

Darren Eadie also agrees with us

Alex Neil has lost the plot totally I think

Yeah, no desire, no effort, no wonder he only scored 17 goals in 38 league games for Boro.