Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Patrick Bamford

I''m for signing him having seen his goal-scoring performances for Middlesbrough two seasons ago. He needs a good run in the team for us to see the best of him.

[quote user="paul moy"]I''m for signing him having seen his goal-scoring performances for Middlesbrough two seasons ago. He needs a good run in the team for us to see the best of him.[/quote]

[Y]

On Wrath somebody had a link to twitter(?) where the post was mentioning Bamford''s injury during his loan period with us. Might explain his subdued performance after his start.

He was very indifferent in his loan spell here but his performances in the Championship the season before last spoke for themselves.

If the price was sensible I wouldn''t be adverse to it as we can''t go into next season with just Cameron Jerome as our only recognised striker. That puts him under far too much pressure with the volume of games being played.

He''s also young with scope to improve. The added attraction is now that he should be within our reach because I can''t imagine he''ll have too many Premier League suitors after his showings last season.

[quote user="morty"]I was at the Palace game, so remain skeptical about his desire.[/quote]So, despite losing our best defender (Klose) in the weakest defence in the Premier last season earlier in the game, Bamford should''ve came on and at least scored a hat-trick in your estimation? [:|]

On the basis of what we saw from him in the Championship 2 seasons ago, then definitely, 110%. Great technique, but I agree with Gordon and Mark though, I suspect he needs to toughen up a little mentally - but then we have Alex Neil as manager 💪. Think he''d be a hit for us next season so it''s a yes from me 👍

[quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="morty"]I was at the Palace game, so remain skeptical about his desire.[/quote]So, despite losing our best defender (Klose) in the weakest defence in the Premier last season earlier in the game, Bamford should''ve came on and at least scored a hat-trick in your estimation? [:|][/quote]Eh?

He has talent but his attitude last season was woeful to watch from the outside but maybe something else was going on or frustration was getting the better of him. Young enough to learn and change only the manager will have an idea if it''s a permanent attitude problem or something that can be dealt with, if it is the latter I''d be happy with the signing.

After playing most of the season with Boro, Bamford had a poor experience at Palace, came here & got more of the same - he hardly played. Desire does come into it of course; what was he (not) doing in training to remain on the side-lines?

If he''s the type who enjoys the limelight, being valued as the main-man, then he needs a good run in the first team. For that to happen he needs to prove he wants it.

Bit of a chicken & egg situation if you ask me...

Lol @ Hudsons epic maths win!

Klose + injury = hattrick for unrelated substitute

Did he strike me as a player who would fight tooth and nail on a rainy Tuesday night in Rotherham? Not at all - not sure he''s what we need, but that said, we currently have one first team striker on our books (plus lafferty) so wouldn''t be a terrible investment I suppose!

[quote user="AJ"]Did he strike me as a player who would fight tooth and nail on a rainy Tuesday night in Rotherham?[/quote]I seen the above quoted several times on here so it raises the question........How do you know we will be playing Rotherham away on a Tuesday night? The fixture list isn''t out yet.And where have you seen a weather forecast that predicts that far ahead?[;)]

All I can say Lapp, is that I''ve had a good look at Wiz''s old balls

Potential - high

My opinion of him so far - low

Impress me paddy! I know you''ve got skills in there somewhere.

Was with us from January so the management team have had the chance to have a real good look at him and make a decision based on their assessment of his current and future ability and potential. If NCFC can`t make the correct decision having been given that opportunity to study a player then I don`t know when they will.Have to back the club on this one as they should know best.At least he is better than that useless lad from Spurs that Hughton brought in on loan who showed no potential at all.

In my opinion he probably needs to drop back to the Championship again and get consistent football at a club which he has a permanent contract for. I''m still quite confident he can be a decent Premier League player.

I think last season was a case of him not being quite ready and the two clubs who loaned him not being (understandably) committed to giving him game time in important games when there were more settled players available.

He''s proven at this level, and I think he''d be a very good signing, providing he doesn''t have an incredibly inflated price-tag. Last season could well have knocked his value down a tad.

No point in loans for him any more. He needs to settle at a club that is committed to his development

I like how so many people on this thread a writing him off with a poor attitude, o not good enough - based on just over 200 minutes of action in the League.It reminds me of when we had a young striker on loan from Spurs a few years back. He played about 150mins in the league before getting injured. Then most people on here dismissed him as useless etc.