Sign in to follow this  
Jools

Naismith's staying

[quote]Maybe we''ll see his quality more clearly in the Championship.[/quote]:) I have no doubt we will, CFW [Y]

I may be missing something but it seems like a leap between him saying leaving Everton was a good thing for his career to him saying that he''s 100% defninately staying at Carra Rud this summer...

He has the ability to be a top championship player so has to be a good thing.

He Does

Got to be nearly as bad as the other 8 million down the drain on RVW

Cannot see anything that would give anyone the impression that he is going to be any better against Villa Newcastle Derby etc.

The Championship is no pushover and we will be lucky to be in the top 10

Excellent news if he does stay - I think he will be a top, top player at this level.

I don`t see that Naismith has much option other than to stay, who would buy him now for £8.5 million?Had we not already bought him I very much doubt we would now for that type of money.Still don`t see where he fits into any side, let alone ours, he is a decent player in several positions but not a great player in any of them a bit like Brady.

Always good to fill the all important Scapegoat position early so the fans know we mean business. This plus Whittaker as backup means we are sorted.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]Still don`t see where he fits into any side, let alone ours, he is a decent player in several positions but not a great player in any of them a bit like Brady.[/quote]Yeah right, he really was akin to a square peg in a round hole at Kilmarnock, Rangers & Everton [:|]

He''s a good player and will come good for us IMO. Gets too much stick on here for me.

A good pre season and fully fit could well be POTS next year.

[quote user="Vanwink"]He''s a good player and will come good for us IMO. Gets too much stick on here for me.

A good pre season and fully fit could well be POTS next year.[/quote]I like the cut of your jib, Vanwinkle [Y]

A drop down a division, a full pre season and some renewed confidence and we could be looking at a different player. Certainly don''t see similarities with RVW who showed nothing at all for a full season with us and served up more dross when out on loan. Naismith has at least show glimpses of what he can do.

Slight worry I have are the rumours that surfaced that he only signed once the relegation pay drop clause was removed from his contract.

We''ve seen this guy''s level - Kilmanock, Rangers, Everton reserve.

If he''s POTS next season then we''ll absolutely F##ked !

I''m not sure whether I am pleased or not such was the player''s complete lack of impact upon our fight against relegation.

If the rumours about his wages demands for the coming season are true then he''s got a bloody cheek and somebody ar NCFC are not doing a very good job.

Hairy, if the drop of a division doesn''t work out for Naismith, we can always drop another and see if he''s any better !

I am confident that he will come good - he scored plenty of goals coming from midfield in the premiership and was carrying an injury with us. Players often take a while to settle, especially if they don''t have a pre-season. I think he could be a great player for us next year.My worry is less about his ability and more about whether he will actually stay. The article isn''t unequivocal.

Klose will be POTS next year

to be fair to Naismith i thought he always looked good at everton

i think it was a bit of a shock when he came here with our level of coaching / training ground he would have been used bigger and better

i think he got in a bit of a sulk / what have i done !

shake that off he will come good

@Badger

He didn''t really score that many from midfield in the Premier League. His best season for Everton saw him get six goals.

It''s an odd one. Played well against pool and his confidence and leadership impressed. Where did that energy go? Feels like a lost leader.

He was absolutely awful at the start of both his Everton and Rangers career it''s worth keeping in mind.

A lot of his game is running off the ball to link with his team mates (Understandable why he was signed given so many of our players don''t like to pass and move), I''d imagine the reason for his poor starts is because he may need time to learn his new team mate''s game and the manager''s way of playing. Yeah he''s miscontrolled the ball a lot and annoyed a few of you by sulking at getting taken off, but I still think he''ll come good.

Also we''ll be pressing high next year/controlling most games and he''ll spend most of the game 20 yards higher up the pitch than he has this year. The drop in quality in the Championship is absolutely massive, him linking up with Wes could be far too much for most teams to deal with at that level. I''m excited to see what he can do once he''s properly settled in here.

Ps could somebody please show me the slightest shred of evidence that he demanded no relegation wage drop and got his way? We do not sign players without relegation clauses. That might have changed since McNally left but as of when Naismith signed we wouldn''t sighn anyone without one. To me that seems just as unsubstantiated and ludicrous as the completely made up Grabban/Johnson rumour which 100% did not bloody happen.

More than one factor made his appearances seem itsy bitsy, his long injury before he came to us, and during his time here, Alex not having a proper match by match formation or style etc etc. Dont think many City players covered themselves in glory  to be honest, even Klose and Pinto took some time to settle in and start showing their worth.Seem to recall Toffees fans saying in his first season for them after his move from Rangers he was pilloried for being bang average, yet he came good through sheer effort and was very much respected in the end.Have never cared what any individual costs to buy or sell, its what they do on the pitch that matters to me, so if Naisy is staying then im pretty happy about that, hoping he has a great season ahead.

Naismith is still a Norwich player and if he wishes to stay him then hats off to him. I believe his heart is in the right place, remember the passion shown after the final whistle at Newcastle.

I''m not sure if Naismith is van Wolfswinkel mk.2 or van Wolfswinkel is Naismith mk.2 but Naismith has been a very big dissappointment after his big money move. Everton did a very good deal by selling a player past his prime for £8.5M which is absolutely crazy for a injured player out of the team at Everton. Crazy! Naismith hasn''t done much to justify the silly money involved in the move. He better have a great great season in 2015/2016.

He was hardly a key player at Everton, and like with us, a bit of a misfit. Wasted money, and at best will be half decent in the Champ.

But if the man is showing commitment to play in a lower league (at 30), he deserves a good chance.

Though must point out. I dont see how his scenario should be any different to RVW''s.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]He was hardly a key player at Everton, and like with us, a bit of a misfit. Wasted money, and at best will be half decent in the Champ.

But if the man is showing commitment to play in a lower league (at 30), he deserves a good chance.

Though must point out. I dont see how his scenario should be any different to RVW''s.[/quote]You''re a tw@t [:|]