Sign in to follow this  
johncolt

Recruitment

There are worrying sounds coming from Carrow Road to the effect that we don''t need many new players for next season. Are memorys really that short ?

Johncolt

[quote user="johncolt"]There are worrying sounds coming from Carrow Road to the effect that we don''t need many new players for next season. Are memorys really that short ?

Johncolt[/quote]Source?  Links?

I don''t think we do need to make massive changes to the squad for this campaign - there''s a group of players there that are more than capable of getting promoted, if not winning the Championship outright. Should this happen, then yes, next summer would be the time to have a rethink going forward.

Your sixth post in 10 years John, a man of few words. Do you know somebody at CR?

A few comments on the replies, if I may.7 posts in 10 years? I was busy, but that co-incides with the time I have been a season ticket holder. I will try harder.Sources? EDP reports of interviews with Alex Neill.We had a group of players capable of keeping us in the Premier League - but they didn''t. If we lose Redmond, Klose, Howson for example. We will need more than just a few new players.Johncolt.

[quote user="johncolt"]There are worrying sounds coming from Carrow Road to the effect that we don''t need many new players for next season. Are memorys really that short ?

Johncolt[/quote]
Like the memory of 2014-15 when pretty much the same squad got promotion?

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="johncolt"]There are worrying sounds coming from Carrow Road to the effect that we don''t need many new players for next season. Are memorys really that short ?

Johncolt[/quote]
[/quote]

But that''s only relevant if other squads from 2014-15 haven''t improved!

That aside should we not be building a squad not only to get out of this league but keep us up next time?

I''m missing Bowkett & McNally at least they had a 7 year plan which was well executed, established premiership club and debt free, well 4 years top flight and debt free now they did the job pretty damn well.

I''ll wait till the 6th August and see the team which takes to the pitch before commenting or recruitment far too early now.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="johncolt"]There are worrying sounds coming from Carrow Road to the effect that we don''t need many new players for next season. Are memorys really that short ?

Johncolt[/quote]
[/quote]

But that''s only relevant if other squads from 2014-15 haven''t improved![/quote]
As we have improved with the signing of Brady, and will no doubt improve more over the summer.
Alex Neil has said he has the structure he wants in place in order to sign players, so let''s see how that goes.  If the worst came to the worst, our current squad would still be plenty strong enough for a shot at the top 6.

Further detail was provided by Mr Balls on the interim foundations laid down to assist Neil, with the summer transfer window fast approaching ahead of the Canaries 2016-17 Sky Bet Championship campaign. 

“There was an immediate gap that we had to fill,” he explained. “Straight at the end of the season, there are questions about contracts and about our plans for the summer window. 

“In the discussions with Alex and his team, we were all clear that we had to hit the ground running and be ready from day one. 

“What we’ve done is put in place an immediate structure which started work last week. With Steve Stone coming in as Interim Chief Executive, we have also brought in expertise from the outside, which means we have a Premier League quality team now to get us through this summer window. 

“Obviously we’re not going to start letting our competitors know the details on how we’re doing things, but people can be confident that as we make the long-term decision on a new Chief Executive, in the short-term we’re really on the case. 

“As Alex has said, he thinks we’ve got a good solution to deal with these immediate challenges and it’s obviously vitally important for our season that we get this right.” Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/ed-balls-norwich-city-chief-executive-recruitment-3124573.aspx#d4OLO4R5gvmU1ZVh.99

Katie,

I wish I had your apparent faith that we will keep the best players we had in the Championship season let alone in the Premiership. My point is that the Premiership team under-performed last season when we thought that the group was good enough. We are likely to lose some of them, so we need to reinforce AND hope that the phrase ''if they are good enough, they are old enough'' proves to be true for us.