Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Rashford Proves you have to give youth a chance !

from the homepage

Back in November a striker was brought on as a substitute for Manchester United Under-21s in a 2-0 loss at Carrow Road and barely made an impression – tonight that same player is set to make his England debut.

now i am not saying every player in the under 21''s

but why dont we try this more ? we have players out of form in the 1st team but still play them week in week out

be good to see what the younger players can do in our team for a change after all it is what they do when they are given a chance in the first team not what they do in under 21''s or mk dons or league 1

if the 1 st team are not performing lets see some younger players given a chance they MIGHT grab it with both hands and keep the shirt and we find a gem

yes he is special talent and i am not saying we have anyone as good as him

but it shows what younger players can do when given a chance

he might have went out on loan to a team that didnt play to his style and not looked anywhere near as good

All this new English talent emerging goes against the expectation that our national team would be in permanent turmoil because of the influx of foreign players into our game.

Now we look like winning something and old mother Hodgson has suddenly emerged as the right man to be in charge.

I like to see our youngsters playing and hope some get a chance next season. But our most exciting player last season was Nathan Redmond who managed to score 6 for a relegated side. He''s currently producing the goods once more for the u21s. And yet he came in for a lot of criticism and moaning much of which seemed unfair to me. Perhaps he suffered more than many for the changes teams identity during the season. If we blood youngsters the fans have to be patient with them.

i agree nigel but i think most fans are bt of course they have to be good enough

i would perfer a younger youth player trying his heart out than a out of form older pro giving the same old 5 out of 10 each week

lets say we brought in a youth / younger player from the norwich youth set up to play the No10 position

i think people would give him more time and support than than say naismith

Rashford proves it might be worth giving outstanding young players a chance.

I loved the signing of Naismith but it didn''t work in the second half of the season. But he took up some great positions at times and combined well with Wes and Mbokani at times. I think we''d have seen a different player if he had signed in the summer.

Todd Cantwell is the youngster that could be a number 10. I think hes signed a three year contract. Reportedly being in Arsenals sights. A local boy too!! I''ve got everything crossed he can step up with us.

Crazy when you consider 4 goals came in Redmond''s first 9 games. He really dropped away from October to March and wasn''t utilized enough

i have watched cantwell since under 14''s same age group as my nephew always was hardest working best stand out player

needs to bulk up a bit always one of smallest for his age group

but the club have pinned their hopes on him for a few years

Makes me wonder how much is luck and confidence.

There''s this thought that people like the murphys etc need time to develop but all it takes is one or 2 good games and that could be the platform to breaking into the senior team. Look at the impact Ched Evans had at us after barely playing a senior game before he came to us.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/05/2016 9:18 PM:

I like to see our youngsters playing and hope some get a chance next season. But our most exciting player last season was Nathan Redmond who managed to score 6 for a relegated side. He''s currently producing the goods once more for the u21s. And yet he came in for a lot of criticism and moaning much of which seemed unfair to me. Perhaps he suffered more than many for the changes teams identity during the season. If we blood youngsters the fans have to be patient with them. "

Excellent post Nigel. If we bring in the young guys and they play with fear then they have very little chance to succeed. Fans will need to be patient. In fairness to the crowd at CR I think they normally are patient with our own grown, they love nothing more than to see a local lad come through, or at least a lad come through our own academy.

I have no time for the Redmond bashers, I think people often overlooked some of the more creative stuff that he did and only were satisfied if he was beating a man or scoring a goal. To some extent that''s a compliment to him because the level of expectation is so high, but what is often forgotten is he is still learning and needs to feel confident to play at his best.

I''m not sure what all the fuss is about. We were playing Australia at the stadium of s*ite in a friendly. Everyone is building him up like he''s the next Terry Henry. He''s not going to play ahead of Kane or vardy and in any case we can''t defend for toffee. Smalling as captain was a joke.

Good luck to the lad, took his chance well but he was very much hit and miss after that, a bit like the rest of the side last night.

Not worried about our attacking players and if they take Rashford as the 4th or 5th striking option for the bench that`s fine with me.  However, playing Wilshere at the base of the diamond does worry me, especially if we play attack minded midfielders on the right and left. I know it was a friendly and an experimental side but both Turkey and now Australia have carved us open multiple times with simple through balls to unmarked runners.  Drinkwater looked every bit the run of the mill PL midfielder he is, Barkley is a luxury the team cannot afford and I cannot work out where Lallana plays as he drifts in and out of games and tries desperately to avoid getting into a position where he might have to shoot on goal himself or mark a player and track him into his own box.We are going to be free scoring in France if we play that diamond but the opposition are going to get plenty of chances too. Having watched England try and grind their way through every competition for the last 20 odd years and bore everyone into submission I say bring on the entertainment and play some football.

Rashford did what he is paid to do he scored

makes you wonder how bad our strikers are as they play badly and still dont score !

strikers No1 aim is to score that''s what the boy did

all this he has a bad touch etc he has played less than 20 first team games his first international scores a goal

and people say he has a bad touch ! pity cam jam didnt have a touch like him !!

[quote user="Molly Windley"]and I cannot work out where Lallana plays as he drifts in and out of games and tries desperately to avoid getting into a position where he might have to shoot on goal himself or mark a player and track him into his own box.[/quote]
I wish he''d have tried a bit more desperately to do that when he visited Carrow Road this season!