Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Empty seats at Wembley

Apart from the empty corporates, the Hull end looks bare, they don''t deserve to go back up.!

[quote user="Vanwink"]Apart from the empty corporates, the Hull end looks bare, they don''t deserve to go back up.![/quote]I read somewhere Hull only sold about half their allocation so for once, we are in agreement Winky. [;)]

These TV commentators keep going on about Sheff Weds being a ''big'' club because they sold out their allocation of tickets for the final, did they do they same last year when Boro and NCFC also sold out thier allocation? Does it mean that we are as ''big'' a club as Wednesday?

It''s not really down to the ''size'' of the club, I''d say it''s more down to the fact that Wednesday have been nowhere near the PL for so long so a load of ''fans'' have come out of the woodwork. Hull is poorer and a smaller City, perhaps there''s more of an ''expectation'' that they''ll win.

I''m actually going to the L2 playoff final on Monday (AFC Wimbledon. are pretty much my most local team); Plymouth have sold 33k tickets for that one, the Wombles have about 22k.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]It''s not really down to the ''size'' of the club, I''d say it''s more down to the fact that Wednesday have been nowhere near the PL for so long so a load of ''fans'' have come out of the woodwork. Hull is poorer and a smaller City, perhaps there''s more of an ''expectation'' that they''ll win.

I''m actually going to the L2 playoff final on Monday (AFC Wimbledon. are pretty much my most local team); Plymouth have sold 33k tickets for that one, the Wombles have about 22k.[/quote]

Come on you Wombles! Would love to see them overtake Franchise FC!

Hull experiencing problems over past few years, fans V new owner, this is still not resolved, Steve Bruce may not be in charge come start of season.

Tickets are supposed to be sold a block at a time so any spare can be returned and sold to Sheff Wed''s in this case. Hull sold them randomly so blocks of tickets couldn''t be sold on to Sheff fans, hence lots of empty seats.