Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Lafferty scores again !!

The only striker for N. Ireland scores against the mighty Belarus!

Makes him a world beater.

He''s dump the sooner you lafferty lovers realise that the better.

League 1 at best

I will reserve judgement till after the Euros. Scoring goals is a habit, irrespective of who the opposition is, you still have to get the ball in the net and so many strikers find that difficult.

i think lafferty has the talent and a good player

BUT he plays when HE wants

he gets himself up for the internationals

but week in week out club football i don''t think he can motivate himself he like the lifestyle but not the hard work

( my opinion )

we know he is a joker he admits that he messed around when younger and i dont think managers like that all the time

[quote user="Vanwink"]I will reserve judgement till after the Euros. Scoring goals is a habit, irrespective of who the opposition is, you still have to get the ball in the net and so many strikers find that difficult.[/quote]

It''s a habit he''s never really got into at club level though and not just for us.

He got 1 goal for Birmingham and was kept out of the side by Clayton Donaldson. I severely doubt he''ll smash us to championship glory next year

This can easily be turned into a song...

(To the tune of Bigmouth Strikes Again by the Smiths)

Lafferty lalalala, Lafferty lalalala

Lafferty scores again

but he''s got no right to take a place in a City squad...

(Sorry...)

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]This can easily be turned into a song...

(To the tune of Bigmouth Strikes Again by the Smiths)

Lafferty lalalala, Lafferty lalalala

Lafferty scores again

but he''s got no right to take a place in a City squad...

(Sorry...)[/quote][:D]

I read an article about Lafferty''s international career, and he said that he could have had many more caps than he has now, but for the first few years he kinda knew all he had to do was turn up, and he, in his own words, just "messed about".Its pretty obvious he isn''t the sharpest, and doesn''t exactly work hard in training.And further quotes from state that he is very much putting himself in the shop window at the Euros this summer.Bye Kyle[Y]

I have nothing against Kyle (and wish him well this summer), but I''ve suspected all along that the reason he''s not been able to get games for us has had nothing to do with footballing ability...

king canary wrote the following post at 27/05/2016 9:32 PM:

Vanwink wrote:
I will reserve judgement till after the Euros. Scoring goals is a habit, irrespective of who the opposition is, you still have to get the ball in the net and so many strikers find that difficult.

It''s a habit he''s never really got into at club level though and not just for us.

I agree King canary.

His reputation when at Rangers was terrible, at best he was an average player, at worst he was in the wrong places with the wrong people at the wrong time, and didn''t seem to take anything seriously, a managers nightmare.

With the right motivatin people can change, particularly as they get a bit older and reflect on what they''ve wasted. No idea what will happen with him but not prepared to write him off just yet.

Why does Lafferty score goals for Northern Ireland? Because Michael O''Neill doesn''t treat him like shit - like Alex Neill does. Alex Neill has obviously destroyed Lafferty''s confidence - which shows what a crap manager he is. Michael O''Neill obviously can motivate Lafferty and give him belief & confidence.

Rubbish managers have a habit of destroying players with ability - that is what Alex Neill is a nasty piece of work who treats players like crap.

I just can''t respect Alex Neill as a manager after getting rid of Hooper & Johnson who could score goals and then bringing in Bamford who has been pathetic - not scored once for us this season. Yet he puts his faith in Jerome who misses millions of chances. Mbokani was supposed to be the guy who got the goals & yet Alex lost us so many games by picking Jerome.

You want to tell me Hooper wasn''t good enough for premier league - 2 years ago with Hughton he scored 6 goals in PL - 2 goals in cup competitions - so 8 goals for 2013-14 season. So judging by the stats Hooper''s goal scoring record in PL is better than Jerome who only managed 3 goals in PL this season.

Yet Alex thought it was clever to bring in Bamford who had never played premier league football before he came to Norwich and yet he sat on the bench for the majority of his loan spell. This really shows what a rubbish manager Alex Neill is...

Alex had better pull his finger out and sign a couple of quality strikers and get us winning games - or it''s time for Delia & Michael to show him the door.

I''m just puzzled why we have such a bad record with the strikers we have signed in recent years.

Becchio, RVW and now Lafferty and Bamford all signed at some expense and not one of them capable of making any impression whatsoever.

At least the much loathed Lewis Grabban scored a few and was sold at a decent profit. The four duffers above were just an unreasonable drain on the finances.

We hit a golden patch with Grant Holt. These four have counted against that big time.

I''m just waiting for the annual "Let''s re-sign Chris Martin/why did we ever let him go" campaign to start...

Apples

What "campaign?"

I can''t say I''ve been particularly aware of that.

One or two, including myself, have stated that we couldn''t have done much worse with Martin in attack and that''s a reasonable stance. Martin or RVW? Martin or Lafferty? I know who I would want. We were relegated after all and it doesn''t come much worse than that.

Chris Martin, despite earlier nonsense, has turned out to be a credit to the Youth Policy at our Club. As with Shackell and one or two others floating around the leagues.

@Boradstairs

Bad scouting I think.

With Becchio it seemed a bit of a panic buy- we wanted rid of Morison, Leeds wanted something for Becchio so we swapped our problems.

RVW and Hooper seemed to be signed without much thought of how they would fit into our team. Hughton was playing defensive football so needed either a striker capable of holding the ball up and physically unsettling defenders or someone with pace to run in behind and stretch the play. Neither of these players were capable of that sort of role.

Lafferty was confusing to begin with- he''s never been a consistent goal scorer at any level and the fee was reported to be pretty high.

Bamford was a bit of a gamble that didn''t pay off- not much more to it than that I think.

Well that certainly touched a nerve. Sounds like the start of a campaign if you ask me...

Apples

"Well that certainly touched a nerve. Sounds like the start of a campaign if you ask me... "

Apples

How silly.

Bananas

C''mon, you''ll never get a campaign going if you give in that easily. Add Omar Koroma to the list...he''s set the Icelandic league alight since he left (well, scored a couple at least).

Apples

Not Ranked

Joined on Mon, Aug 01 2005

North of the border

Posts 702

Stick out tongue [:P]

Re: Lafferty scores again !!

C''mon, you''ll never get a campaign going if you give in that easily. Add Omar Koroma to the list...he''s set the Icelandic league alight since he left (well, scored a couple at least).

Apples

How silly.

Blackcurrants.

I see what you did there...now if only you could master the quote button too, you''d be on fire.

Apples