Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Dementia Conspiracy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/30/footballs-silent-shame-dementia-conspiracy-is-a-stain-on-the-gam/

Interesting article in the Telegraph today, an issue about which we are all sadly too aware with some of our own, a thorough study is now surely overdue ( but maybe not by FIFA)

Not sure another thorough study is required. Additional study yes but he effects of long term head injury in sport is running through the courts as we speak. Violent impacts upon the head cause damage no matter what the sport. Either the laws of football, rugby ect. change to reflect the higher risk of brain damage or they don''t. It''s a wonder more parents don''t associate the risk of permanent head injury to their children. Rather sad to be honest.

ELF I don''t think there has been a thorough study directly looking at the effects and potential long term brain injury associated wth football, but as you say there appear to be many other studies looking at the health outcomes of head injury in sport, and cases working their way through the courts.

The FA undoubtedly recognises there is a problem and issues guidelines accordingly, but I''m not sure anyone really fully understands or has researched the potential scale of the problem.

http://www.pinkun.com/home/wife_of_norwich_city_legend_duncan_forbes_welcomes_research_into_link_between_football_and_brain_illnesses_1_4557539

Not one player from the last twenty years at least, nor their families, will have to worry financially about brain injury caused through football.

NEXT !

[quote user="julian hudson"]Not one player from the last twenty years at least, nor their families, will have to worry financially about brain injury caused through football.

NEXT ![/quote]Forbesy is already on the beach, btw [Y]

julian hudson wrote:

Not one player from the last twenty years at least, nor their families, will have to worry financially about brain injury caused through football.

NEXT !

What a strange and stupid comment ! do you think this only effects players who played at the top level ?

That''s putting it mildly LC.

Vanwink, I apologise for having misunderstood your intent for the original post. I got caught up on the ''thorough study is now surely overdue'' portion.