Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Hooper, "What a shame"

[quote user="JF"]Also I''m curious how it''s stupid to expect Hooper to score 20+ in a full season when he hit 13 in less than half a season?[/quote]

Thinking he played less than half a season is even more stupid. The guy played in 33 games and started 24 of them. He can barely score a goal but every 12 games. It''s stupid because he''s utter s---- even at Champ level. it''s stupid because he''s never scored 20 goals in 4 championship seasons. He''s not good enough even for that level. Fairly simple, or should be.

[quote user="JF"]Jaemae it''s already been proven countless times by yourself that we could write your knowledge of football on the back of a postage stamp. Weather you like it or not Hooper will be among the top scorers in the championship next season. your obsession with him is borderline obsessive.[/quote]

You probably shouldn''t talk about football intelligence then say something so unbelievably incopetent as "Hooper will be among the top scoreres in the Championship"

There there champ, it will be ok it will be ok :tussleshair:

Jerome and Grabban bagged 20+ in the Championship last time.  Assuming we buy a striker better than Grabban (which is likely) and keep Jerome (which is likely), I think I will regret us selling Hooper as much as I regret selling my copy of Def Leppard''s "Hysteria".

So 13 goals in 24 starts for Hooper and you think it''s stupid to believe he will get 20 in a full season???? Yet it seems taken as a given that Jerome will get 20 even with his barn door exploits this season?? You''re a special kind of special jaemae.

Just because Jerome scored 20+ goals for us last Champs campaign, doesn''t mean he''s nailed on to do it again.

IMO he will do well for us, but I feel we have to pay top notch to get someone who will get us 20+, and although he''ll be 30, McCormack, or Griggs would be my top targets

Agreed. Going into the season relying on Jerome as our main goal threat would be a concern.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="JF"]Jaemae it''s already been proven countless times by yourself that we could write your knowledge of football on the back of a postage stamp. Weather you like it or not Hooper will be among the top scorers in the championship next season. your obsession with him is borderline obsessive.[/quote]

You probably shouldn''t talk about football intelligence then say something so unbelievably incopetent as "Hooper will be among the top scoreres in the Championship"

There there champ, it will be ok it will be ok :tussleshair:[/quote]

What does "incopetent" mean Jaemae mean lol?

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Jerome and Grabban bagged 20+ in the Championship last time.  Assuming we buy a striker better than Grabban (which is likely) and keep Jerome (which is likely), I think I will regret us selling Hooper as much as I regret selling my copy of Def Leppard''s "Hysteria".
[/quote]

No they didn''t.

Grabban got 12, Jerome got 18 (this is purely league goals).

Interestingly Hooper scored as many as Grabban but featured less.

I''m not saying we should bring Hooper back (he didn''t suit our style of play and is prone to having games where he goes totally missing) but we don''t have any really prolific Championship scorers in our team.

KC, I may be wrong, but I''m pretty sure the stats for that season showed Hoops scored more goals per min played, than both Grabban & Jerome.

I agree, we can''t bring Hoops back, but I always though we never played him to his strengths.

[quote user="Samwam27"]KC, I may be wrong, but I''m pretty sure the stats for that season showed Hoops scored more goals per min played, than both Grabban & Jerome.

I agree, we can''t bring Hoops back, but I always though we never played him to his strengths.[/quote]

You''re probably right on that. My worry with Hooper is that really all he does is score- he doesn''t get involved much outside of that.

I always thought he and Wes should have dovetailed really well but when they were both on the pitch it never seemed to click.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Katie Borkins"]Jerome and Grabban bagged 20+ in the Championship last time.  Assuming we buy a striker better than Grabban (which is likely) and keep Jerome (which is likely), I think I will regret us selling Hooper as much as I regret selling my copy of Def Leppard''s "Hysteria".
[/quote]

No they didn''t.

Grabban got 12, Jerome got 18 (this is purely league goals).

Interestingly Hooper scored as many as Grabban but featured less.

I''m not saying we should bring Hooper back (he didn''t suit our style of play and is prone to having games where he goes totally missing) but we don''t have any really prolific Championship scorers in our team.[/quote]

Hooper played more than Grabban champ. They both played the same amount of games and started the same amount of games. However one of Grabban''s ''starts'' lasted 15 minutes, which Hooper then played the rest. How this stupid is possible, is hilarious.

See I''ve just looked on Squawka that says Hooper played 1507 minutes while Grabban played 2145. I trust them more than you frothing away behind your keyboard.

Seriously when did this forum become full of people who call people stupid without doing any basic fact checking?

Grabban played more than Hooper in our Champs season. I haven''t checked any stats but I was at most of the matches.

[quote user="Clint"]Grabban played more than Hooper in our Champs season. I haven''t checked any stats but I was at most of the matches.[/quote]

No he didn''t champ. They both played in 32 games and 16 starts. Except one of Grabbans "starts" lasted 15 minutes.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Clint"]Grabban played more than Hooper in our Champs season. I haven''t checked any stats but I was at most of the matches.[/quote]

No he didn''t champ. They both played in 32 games and 16 starts. Except one of Grabbans "starts" lasted 15 minutes.[/quote]

The thing is Jaemae, every single stats site disagrees with you.

I''ve checked three sites now just to make sure- all of them say Grabban had significantly more minutes then Hooper in that season.

Everyone gets it, you don''t like Hooper but you don''t just need to invent stats.

[quote user="jaemae2"]Hooper played more than Grabban champ. They both played the same amount of games and started the same amount of games. However one of Grabban''s ''starts'' lasted 15 minutes, which Hooper then played the rest. How this stupid is possible, is hilarious.[/quote][quote user="king canary"]See I''ve just looked on Squawka that says Hooper played 1507 minutes

while Grabban played 2145. I trust them more than you frothing away

behind your keyboard.[/quote]Awks.How are you going to explain this one away, "champ"?I love it when trolls make schoolboy errors. He''s got to be kicking himself there, Clive. What a stupid level of stupid! Let''s all tussle his hair.[:D]

Grabban started 23 games in the championship season playing 2131 minutes and scored 12 goals. Hooper started 16 games playing 1471 minutes and scored 12 goals. Source soccerway site

Never mind champ. Yet again stats get in the way of your incredibly limited knowledge of football.

Steady on JF. Jaemae can only grasp "the number of games" they played, not actual minutes on the pitch.

And yet everyone else is stupid. The argument of how successful players are is difficult. Many argue Hoops didn''t do a lot, but fact remains he scored goals. Even if that''s all he did, goals win you games.

We didn''t have any goalscorers last season. Jerome isn''t guaranteed to get the same number, and if he gets injured we''re stuffed. Let''s hope Board finally learns it''s lesson and makes some prolific strikers our top priority

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="jaemae2"]Hooper played more than Grabban champ. They both played the same amount of games and started the same amount of games. However one of Grabban''s ''starts'' lasted 15 minutes, which Hooper then played the rest. How this stupid is possible, is hilarious.[/quote][quote user="king canary"]See I''ve just looked on Squawka that says Hooper played 1507 minutes

while Grabban played 2145. I trust them more than you frothing away

behind your keyboard.[/quote]Awks.How are you going to explain this one away, "champ"?I love it when trolls make schoolboy errors. He''s got to be kicking himself there, Clive. What a stupid level of stupid! Let''s all tussle his hair.[:D][/quote]

I''d actually appreciate if you would right now.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]Awks.How are you going to explain this one away, "champ"?I love it when trolls make schoolboy errors. He''s got to be kicking himself there, Clive. What a stupid level of stupid! Let''s all tussle his hair.[:D][/quote]

I''d actually appreciate if you would right now.[/quote]My pleasure, champ.:tussleshair:That felt weird.[:)]

Eh, I figured why not make up my own stat along the lines of "Hooper scored 13 goals in less than half a season" to counter-balance.

Well here is an idea then ''champ.''

If you''re going to make up sh1t maybe don''t call other people stupid or patronise them. Means when they realise you''re talking bullsh1t you come across as less of a...well dick.

*tousles hair*

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]Awks.How are you going to explain this one away, "champ"?I love it when trolls make schoolboy errors. He''s got to be kicking himself there, Clive. What a stupid level of stupid! Let''s all tussle his hair.[:D][/quote]

I''d actually appreciate if you would right now.[/quote]My pleasure, champ.:tussleshair:That felt weird.[:)][/quote]

Shouldn''t feel weird, it was comforting for me!

jaemae2 wrote the following post at 30/05/2016 7:57 PM:

Eh, I figured why not make up my own stat along the lines of "Hooper scored 13 goals in less than half a season" to counter-balance.

46 matches in a season,so 90 minutes x 46 matches is a possible 4140 minutes on the pitch. Hooper played 2299 minutes for Wednesday. So it''s 13 goals in a little over half a season champ. Had he played a full season based on those stats he would have scored in the mid 20s. Thanks champ