Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Hooper, "What a shame"

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Think I might go on his Twitter later 😀[/quote]Why waste your time, he''ll be in the pie shop crying.[;)]

How anonymous can a player be in a final. He was shocking and his air kick towards then end summed it up for me!

[quote user="Ron Manager"]How anonymous can a player be in a final. He was shocking and his air kick towards then end summed it up for me![/quote]Was he playing Ron?[;)]

My thoughts entirely Dibbler. If you write that sort of comment about your ex-club and team-mates then you can''t complain when you get it back later.

He showed exactly why he won''t be a top player. Decent finisher but application and desire, nowhere.

@HOOP588 Gutted for my old team mates and fans #takingitthewrongway

Some people are so thick & retarded - Hooper has a soft spot for Norwich. He said "...what a shame..." yeah that is a tweet which was sent after Norwich were relegated and beat Watford at Carrow Road. Obviously he meant what a shame Norwich have been relegated - meaning he was gutted Norwich went down.

Hooper has respect for Norwich - because he used to represent our club as a player. People have accused him of being glad & taking delight in Norwich going down. Clearly that wasn''t the case.

I respect & remember Hooper for the goals he scored & contribution he made to Norwich going up & gaining promotion. It pisses me off all the shit & lies that people keep spreading about him.

The only reason Gary Hooper came to Norwich was because we were a Premier League side and he thought by joining us he''d have a better chance of making the England squad. QPR were also interested in him and were prepared to pay more wages but because they''d just been relegated he wasn''t interested. I''ll bet that had we both been Premier League teams he''d have signed for them like a shot.So after his stint at Carrow Rd no England shirt and now no Premier League.What a shame.

[quote user="craigbrown2015"]@HOOP588 Gutted for my old team mates and fans #takingitthewrongway

Some people are so thick & retarded - Hooper has a soft spot for Norwich. He said "...what a shame..." yeah that is a tweet which was sent after Norwich were relegated and beat Watford at Carrow Road. Obviously he meant what a shame Norwich have been relegated - meaning he was gutted Norwich went down.

Hooper has respect for Norwich - because he used to represent our club as a player. People have accused him of being glad & taking delight in Norwich going down. Clearly that wasn''t the case.

I respect & remember Hooper for the goals he scored & contribution he made to Norwich going up & gaining promotion. It pisses me off all the shit & lies that people keep spreading about him.[/quote]

There there champ, it will be ok it will be ok :tussleshair:

Craig, wrote;

He said "...what a shame..." yeah that is a tweet which was sent after Norwich were relegated and beat Watford at Carrow Road. Obviously he meant what a shame Norwich have been relegated - meaning he was gutted Norwich went down.

Obviously I/we meant what a shame Hooper didn''t get promoted - meaning we are gutted he won''t be playing in the Prem.

Or maybe not.

What a shame. Lazy and fat Hooper still scored more goals in his Prem campaign that the "beast" Mbokani.

Does that mean Mbokani ate too many pies and was overweight or was just overpaid!

Hoops has gone, Mbokani has gone. Can we move on

Does it really matter what he tweeted. There''ll always be some who will try to change the context of what it meant

craigbrown2015 wrote the following post at 28 May 2016 10:51 PM:

@HOOP588 Gutted for my old team mates and fans #takingitthewrongway

I respect & remember Hooper for the goals he scored & contribution he made to Norwich going up & gaining promotion. It pisses me off all the * & lies that people keep spreading about him.

Fair comment craigbrown2015. Not sure why you would be slagged off for your descriptor of "some people". ''If the shoe fits...'' comes to mind.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]The only reason Gary Hooper came to Norwich was because we were a Premier League side and he thought by joining us he''d have a better chance of making the England squad. QPR were also interested in him and were prepared to pay more wages but because they''d just been relegated he wasn''t interested. I''ll bet that had we both been Premier League teams he''d have signed for them like a shot.So after his stint at Carrow Rd no England shirt and now no Premier League.What a shame.[/quote]

You are slating him for putting ambition ahead of money?

And when it didn''t work out he dropped a league to get his career going. Seems like he is one of the few decent people in football based on that.

Hairy Canary wrote the following post at 29 May 2016 9:04 AM:

You can''t see why someone would be slagged off for describing posters as retarded?

He simply stated ''some people''. Do you deny that some people/posters on here now or in the past are/were complete bellends? His post was a valid statement of events. It seems odd that you only focus on two words and not the intent of the whole post.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison

Well said E.L.F. Unless anyone has "actually" spoken to Hooper and "fully" understands both the tone and context in which he said these words (twitting does come across black and white) then it''s all supposition as to what and how he meant it.

At the end of the day who gives a sh*t. He''s entitled to his opinions as are we on this board. On hang, no we''re not lol

PS-Forgot to say, regardless of one game, it''s good to see a striker find his goalscoring boots.

Many lose them at NCFC. It''s rare these days they have them at NCFC

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]The only reason Gary Hooper came to Norwich was because we were a Premier League side and he thought by joining us he''d have a better chance of making the England squad. QPR were also interested in him and were prepared to pay more wages but because they''d just been relegated he wasn''t interested. I''ll bet that had we both been Premier League teams he''d have signed for them like a shot.So after his stint at Carrow Rd no England shirt and now no Premier League.What a shame.[/quote]

You are slating him for putting ambition ahead of money?

And when it didn''t work out he dropped a league to get his career going. Seems like he is one of the few decent people in football based on that.[/quote]On the face of it he does look noble turning down the extra dosh but because he was the dog''s dangly bits at Celtic he thought he was good enough for the England squad. It''s always easier to do that when you play for a top tier club and that''s the only reason he came to Norwich.In finding out he wasn''t good enough for the Premier League let alone England, dropping down a League was his only option. 

I don''t think we can complain about a player coming here simply to progress their career, can we? Did you expect Hooper to come here due to his love of the Norfolk Broads?

Didn''t Naismith say in a recent interview, he left Everton to keep his place in the Scotland squad? What''s the difference?

I know which one I''d rather have here now and it''s not the latter!

[quote user="WesHoolahansDefendant"]He''s certain to score against us next season[/quote]

We won''t be a glorified League 1/League 2 team, so no, no he really won''t.

It will be interesting to see how Hooper fares in a decent Wednesday team next season in comparison to whoever we have up top. I would expect Hooper to score 20+ in a full championship season regularly starting and that is a return that we are going to need from ours

[quote user="JF"]It will be interesting to see how Hooper fares in a decent Wednesday team next season in comparison to whoever we have up top. I would expect Hooper to score 20+ in a full championship season regularly starting and that is a return that we are going to need from ours[/quote]

HOLY S--- THE STUPID!

Jaemae it''s already been proven countless times by yourself that we could write your knowledge of football on the back of a postage stamp. Weather you like it or not Hooper will be among the top scorers in the championship next season. your obsession with him is borderline obsessive.

Also I''m curious how it''s stupid to expect Hooper to score 20+ in a full season when he hit 13 in less than half a season?