Just got back.  Not happy. 

Ratings:

Green          2  Brennan       0  Ginge           6

Flemm          6 Colin            2

Hucks          2  Charlie         1

Hughes        3  Hendo          1

McVeigh       1  Ash             6

Jarvis           3 Marney         1

The thing that really annoyed me was that apart from Ash, Doc, Flem and Hux, no-one cared.  It was so poor that we never ever looked like getting back into the game.

So, do I think Worthy should go?  No, because I do not think this would improve things. 

Don''t know the answer apart from more honesty from the players. 

Feel sick.  Wish I was not so married to the club.  Probably (hopefully) feel better in the morning.

Dicky, it''s nice for once to read a posting from you that comes from the heart and shows your true feelings for the club.  Getting rid of Worthy may not improve things but can they get any worse?

If I remember correctly, you run a business.  I have run several and am now a freelance consultant.  We both know that however competent a manager may be, if credibility with subordinates and customers is destroyed then if if is difficult if not impossible to recover.  Keeping such a person in that post is counterproductive and can damage the business further.  Sometimes the fact action is taken is symbolically as important as the action itself.

Faith is a great thing.  I too see my 35 year relationship with City as both a joy and a curse.  I suspect thatif this was happeniong in your business, faith would succumb to commercial reality and the need to be fair to those colleagues and customers whose confidence and interests are damaged by the situatuion

United in our love for City

Dicky

We all empathise with your feelings of utter dispair and hopelessness.  But some of us can see an answer, and though it will be a hard one for the board to take, it has to be done.

There are never winners, only losers in situations such as we are in now.  No one wants someone who has, in the past, achieved so much for us, to lose their job, but Nigel Worthington is taking our club beyond the point where we can support him.  The past week has been totally unacceptable, this is not a mere off day anymore, but a pattern of long term incompetence and mis-management  that is emerging. 

I wouldn''t say our players are dishonest, maybe complacent and out of touch with reality (some of them don''t have to work too hard to get into the team, especially during an injury crisis) - but at the end of the day, it is up to Worthy to motivate them and get them to act out this tactics on the pitch.  That, after all, is his job, he is not doing his job and we are all suffering as a result. 

QPR, in the opinions of fans I spoke to last night, who went to the game was worse than Luton.  It must have been bad then, cos Luton was shocking.

Improve things.  Yes, we have to, we need fresh ideas, a man who can get the best out of potentially one of the best squads in the league.  We need someone who is tactically aware.  We need someone who can get to grips with the rot that has well and truly set in.

Worthington has to go.

Hats off to you Dicky you''ve come out and been honest about what you''ve seen and honestly don''t know what''s to be done.Personally, I think the players have lost confidence in the manager for whatever reasons. There''s nothing worse than going into work hearing the same rhetoric from the man in charge and beginning to feel, yourself, that it ain''t worth it. Come on how many of us have felt like that at work?I think Worthy has to go, unfortunately. Yes, he''s done great for the club but he doesn''t appear to be able to do anything to spark some life back into the team. We''re still lacking that player leader in the Malky mould. Can''t imagine Hughes having the physical presence to give the team a good rollicking in the changing room.A new face at the helm often changes the mindset of the players. Some could argue that''s what Worthington brought when he first took over. It got the team rolling again and they simply carried on in the same vein. Unfortunately we''ve now got the other side of the coin and they''ve got into the losing habit and the go out "work hard" it''ll all come good isn''t cutting it anymore.As I said in other posts I think the cost issue is going to be the stumbling block here, unless Worthy willingly leaves. He''s currently a general prepared to do battle who has an army that couldn''t care less....

I think one of the main problems is picking a team that will consistently perform at a functional level. If every player performs to a consistent level (functioning at say 7/10) then the team will in most cases achieve a reasonably solid set of results. This provides a base from which the players with that extra bit of talent/skill/determination/stamina etc to show what they are capable of which may result in better results.

Which players have performed at the above functional level all season? Safri, and perhaps Ashton simply because he has scored consistently which is his primary function after all. I do not think any other player comes close. Most of the others have short spells of 7 or even 8 out of 10 then plummet to 4 or 5 (or 0 or 2 in Dicky''s view). Even Green & Huckerby are not really doing what they should be doing - Hux so often flatters to deceive and Green seems to have lost control of the defence. I have just seen the QPR goal where their striker headed from 4 yards out with Doherty two yards behind him not even making a challenge - is this the same player who received 2 or 3 Man of the Match awards a few games ago?

In the end the manager must take the blame (not always fair I know and may not be in this case but my eyes tell me it probably is) because it is his responsibility (function) to coach, motivate & select. What score would other posters put on Nigel''s function this season according to the above - my feeling is about 4.

yes. it was truly shocking and having gone to both games, I can say that qpr was worse then Luton. And I do think its time for Worthy must go. Of course it may not improve things but I think its worth the gamble.

Its not worth disgareeing with your ratings as I''d give them all between 1 and 4 too except Ashton (above) and Colin (appalling - are negative ratings allowed for the worst right-back since McGovern?).

Felt sorry for Deano in the 2nd half. He obviously didn''t like the "What a load of rubbish". Maybe it should have been "What a load of rubbish except Deano"?

Where was NW during the match? Was he in the dugout. Certainly didn''t spot him coming out to the technical area.

Its sad when some tw*t in a sombrero was more entertaining than our team!

And dear oh dear, what has happened to Hucks? Like the Luton game, he looked completely shot.

I was truly appalled at the section of the crowd singing "what a load of rubbish" - of course we were rubbish, but .

You could see the look in Deano''s eyes when he remonstrated with them.

If you were one of them, then congratulations because you have done your bit to help drive Deano out of our club - one of the reasons he came here and signed an extension to his contract is because of the "best fans in the Country". 

[quote]Just got back. Not happy. Ratings: Green 2 Brennan 0 Ginge 6 Flemm 6 Colin 2 Hucks 2 Charlie &nbs[/quote]

Although our opinions are poles apart Dicky, I too share your pain.

How much longer must we suffer this!.

I honestly think that the manager must go , I know your views, but how could it get much worse with a new hand at the wheel?.

In your own words, you feel sick, welcome aboard.

there are some with short memories on here. Though it hurts to say so cos he also achieved great things at the club, Mike Walker''s second spell in charge was appalling. Anyone remember going to see us lose 6-1 at Prt Vale one the sautrdau followed by losing 5-1 at West Brom the next Tuesday i think. We also lost 5-1 to Wolves when Walker sent the players back out on the pitch after about a 5 minute half time break.

Unfortunately we now seem to have forgotten how to win a game. Holloway was right in that we do seem to have a losing mentality after last season That has to change and soon. We have probably the best squad in the division but don''t play as a unit.

[quote]there are some with short memories on here. Though it hurts to say so cos he also achieved great things at the club, Mike Walker''s second spell in charge was appalling. Anyone remember going to see us...[/quote]

Whoareyou, yes I remember those two games only too well. Particularly Port Vale, when some of the cabbage faithful, I am sure you know the ones, had a go at us for trying to support the team!  Also went to Wolves, and we all know what happened to Mike Walker, however, he was sacked after two consecutive 5-0 home wins, can''t remember now who over. 

With Worthy, it may be a bit different.  We have a far more stable club, we have had real quality players in recent years and now this season is disappearing fast into one to forget.  Sure, things might turn around, but they have to do so very, very quickly and for a sustained period.

My own personal deadline for Worthy was Luton.  I wasn''t convinced that a win against Ipswich, Hull and Brighton proved we were promotion candidates, added to the style of play, constant tactical errors, training ground injuries and the Reading ''fans'' incident all added it up for me.  Now it is obvious there is a deep divide between Worthy and the players.  We don''t know the full stories, although many rumours are rife.

It is a terrible time for our club and sacking the manager is not going to be easy, but nor is surviving in the league below.  The current climate between supporters is not good either.  It all sadly brings back memories of the times we hoped we would never see again. 

We have massively underachieved and Worthy has had enough time and money to sort things out.  He hasn''t done, and to be honest sounded a very defeated man in his interview on Saturday.

Time for the Board to be strong and get rid.  IMO we are not going to get Burley, although his footballing philosophy would be music to my ears, I don''t think he would consider Norwich a big enough club for him now.  Appoint Dave Williams as caretaker manager for the rest of the season and then take time to find someone who can take us forward. 

i didnt go yesterday but i will say Well done To Dicky for his post.. we havent always seen eye to eye but it seems you are now feeling what i have for the last few weeks.

Speaking to someone who did go yesterday, they looked at the dug out and saw Worthy sitting their the whole game with the odd Flutter every know and again.. in contrast Ian Holloway was on the verge of a heart attack on the touch line, jumping around, shouting, encouraging, waving his arms and keeping his players motivated and fired up... something Worthy should have been doing.

Listening to worthy on the phone in yesterday i think he has now accepted the inevitable, he sounded close to tears to be honest, which, although i have slated him, is a shame as he has done well for us in the past...

He was talking about "starting all over again" and "he isnt sure if he can turn it around"... hes finally accepted defeat and i for one feel this is it... i dont think he will be in charge for saturday, and possibly even the Brum game... he must now accept that the fans have turned on him.

Not so sure that the players dont want to play for him anymore as Saffers celebration vs Hull, and Deano''s reaction yesterday to the what a load of rubbish chants may well prove, but they must surely realise that everything Worthington is trying isnt working and he''s now starting to look stupid every game....

I wouldnt be suprised if there isnt an announcement from Carrow Road at some time tomorrow.

If not then the board now HAVE to force the issue. the fans have finally had enough and the chants yersteday prove it. If nothing is done then the fans may well move their frustrations onto the board then we are up the creek.

Sheffield Wednesday and Man city all went down 2 seasons on the spin because they didnt act quickly enough. we cant afford to do that....

its time Delia and Co, give Worthy his P45 and let him bow out gracefully with some great memories and some happy times in the past.

jas

Dicky, after the sick feeling comes the one of sheer frustration and helplessness

There is very little we can do as fans other than keep expressing our opnions.

I wonder if the Pink Un will bring their poll to the attenton of the Board - over a 1,000 votes with 91% saying Worthington must go seems pretty conclusive to me.

Let''s hope we can touch base with George Burley - there is till time this season if we vcan just get organised.

[quote]Although our opinions are poles apart Dicky, I too share your pain. How much longer must we suffer this!. I honestly think that the manager must go , I know your views, but how could it get much wo...[/quote]

Wizard you say "welcome aboard" - welcome about what exactly?  I have certainly not joined the ranks of what I feel you stand for, e.g. constant negativity, witch hunts, easy solutions, booing....

I still feel that getting rid of Worthy is not the answer.  Nobody has come up with the answer.  We must work our way through it and hopefully come out the other side.

This constant negativity, chants of what a load of rubbish, booing, red cards etc will only help to drive away our best players - then see how bad it can get.

[quote]Just got back. Not happy. Ratings: Green 2 Brennan 0 Ginge 6 Flemm 6 Colin 2 Hucks 2 Charlie &nbs[/quote]

Cheer up Mate......but don''t go blaming the players for the loss. They are only doing what the Manager asks of them. You being a Manager should know this.

Remember it was he who said "I don''t care what the fans think Iam in charge" so he should take responsibility and gracefully step down.

Chris

Dicky...

supposing we try and ride the storm and it engulfs us.... we get relegated, are you still going to say that the fans booing and "driving away" players is the reason for it? The manager has virtually admittd on live Radio that he himself doesnt feel he can turn this slump round. if a new manager comes in and cant do it then fine... the players we have are awful and arent the answer and we can enjoy trips to Yeovil and Oldham next season..

however, if we get a new manager in and he turns the form around and we finish in the playoffs then what? will you still say that its the players?

You wont criticise Worthy yet in the same breath Criticise then defend the players, you have to nail your colours to the mast. Players or worthy? one is to blame... we have the best Goalkeeper in the division, the best Striker outside the premiership, and a wealth of talent in other areas who, with the right guidance and leadership can take us to the premiership, and then we have Worthington.

just answer me this question, if Nigel Worthington was a manager at your business and the team he was in charge of were below par and losing you money would you replace him or replace his staff?

jas

The fans are well within their rights to voice their disappointment - to travel down to London and a ticket for 26 quid and witness that lethargic and ineffective excuse for a team was appalling.

The fans are wallowing in negativity because there was absolutely nothing positive about performances whatsoever.  This is not the time for standing up and politely clapping at the likes of Jurgen "Who does a right back mark again?" Colin, Craig "Hoof" Fleming, Ian "Shout at others" Henderson or Simon "Susan" Charlton.  They (amongst others) deserved the criticism.  Are the fans going to keep their intense disappointment quiet to avoid hurting Ashton''s feelings? (who incidentally, is not devoid of criticism - he seems to have McKenzie syndrome at the moment- giving 110% to about 70% effect).

It was the worst display I have seen for around 12 years, and the players should know how bitterly disappointed the fans are at the moment.

Dicky

I think Wiz was just trying to be sympathetic!  We are all feeling desperately sad about how our club is faring at the moment. 

So, negativity?  Such as wanting our club to be rescued and to move forward again?  If that is negative, then what is sitting around doing nothing and burying our heads in the sand, will the future really be brighter just by hoping so? Don''t think so in this case.  Sometimes in life tough decisions have to be made, and I, personally feel very sorry for Nigel and his situation right now, but he has had time enough to address the major problems and has failed to do so.  Running this football club, is after all, a business, so when a business starts to fail do you just hope that things will turn the corner or do you actively try to stop the rot and move forward again?

Witch hunts, well now, the AGM is on October 31, so I guess you could say there will be a giant one that day. Since the Board let ordinary fans become shareholders they also let us have a say in the running of our club.  Should be an interesting occasion!  Sorry, I will address your real point, witch hunt against Nigel I suppose you mean.  Dicky, we have not achieved anything of merit this season, coupled with what happened to us last year, it is surely understandable that questions are asked.  I agree with you that some posters are a little over the top, but that is human nature I suppose, we all react and show our feelilngs in different ways.  I don''t want anyone to be thrown out of a job, especially someone who loves the club as Nigel does, but this is tough love isn''t it, at the end of the day, we (or the board) have to do something to rescue our football club before anymore damage is done.

There are no easy solutions, never are in this sort of situation.  But something has to be done and done now.  As a matter of interest, how long would you give Nigel, or would you leave him in place all season?  If we don''t improve, what would your solution be?  My understanding of the matter is that he has run out of ideas now, he has made mistakes which are now coming home to haunt him.  He has all but lost the players, our team hasn''t become this bad overnight, it is the result of not replacing key players, poor tactics etc, etc, sorry I have said all this before!

Booing, I have never done it, but undertand the pain and frustration of those that do.  No one ever boos their team for fun!  It doesn''t help the players, but it does send a message to those in charge and I guess that is why some of us are booing. 

I wish, like all of us that we would come out on Wed and Saturday and win convincingly Dicky, I really do, but sadly I think that is a dream and not reality as it stands at the moment.

[quote]Wizard you say "welcome aboard" - welcome about what exactly? I have certainly not joined the ranks of what I feel you stand for, e.g. constant negativity, witch hunts, easy solutions, booing.... I ...[/quote]

''We must work our way through it and hopefully come out the other side is exactly right but we just differ whether Worthy can put it right - you feel he can and I no longer do.

What I see is a club stuck in a serious rut of decline with a coaching staff wanting to but seemingly unable to do anything to stop this tragic slide.  If Clough was unable to so it at Forest the omens for our Nigel are not good.

Just how many times can we go back to basics?  We seem a club devoid of ideas and that is when a change in management is needed.

OTBC 

[quote]Wizard you say "welcome aboard" - welcome about what exactly? I have certainly not joined the ranks of what I feel you stand for, e.g. constant negativity, witch hunts, easy solutions, booing.... I ...[/quote]

Dicky: You said after the QPR game that you felt sick. So did I, hence my phrase ''welcome aboard''.

I did NOT mean however, that you had the wisdom to recognise or agree on the cause of that sickness with me, ie. Nigel Worthington!.

Unlike I must add, the vast majority have in the Pink Un poll.

The fans are well within their rights to voice their disappointment - to travel down to London and a ticket for 26 quid and witness that lethargic and ineffective excuse for a team was appalling

It was the worst display I have seen for around 12 years, and the players should know how bitterly disappointed the fans are at the moment.

I couldn''t agree more with Splendid Rush on this point. As supporters we have to voice our displeasure so why clap the players politely at the end of that disaster? There are questions that need answering pronto.

Why did only three of them come to clap the supporters anyway? Rob Green had a shocker for the third goal but at least he came and clapped the fans. Why didn''t Worthington come over and face the music?

Why didnt NW change things after 20 minutes when it was blatantly obvious things weren''t working?

Why hasn''t any player quoted an apology for the performance?

Why did Worthington play such a weak and short left side to the team against the QPR giants? Brennan and McVeigh looked absolutely out of their depth

Where the heck is Jason Jarrett? Will someone please tell us what the hell is going on with him?

Where is Delia? She was everyhere last season and nowhere this season. To coin a phrase...Come on, let''s be having you.

Everyone needs to get real here - Relegation is a SERIOUS THREAT and we need to sort it now.

when Dicky says we are being negative I disagree.

The vast majority of supporters (see the polls and quotes from the various supporter clubs)

agree that "positive action" must be taken.

Any club that ignores the wishes of the majority of supporters is nothing but foolish.

Its clearly a bad business decision.

Sitting back and doing nothing while obvious problems persist while the manager publicly admits he cannot seem to correct them is extremely negative.

My take of the lack of quotes cooming from Delia and the board is a positive one.

Unlike other boards I am convinced that Delia and the board are one of the most honest and truthful organizations in the whole of football.

They will not come out with "votes of confidence" at the moment or any such rubbish unless they really mean it.

I would be very worried if they backed the manager publically after the QPR game as that would indicate that they have not intention of looking at the posibility of replacing Worthy.