Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Well Pritchard is available

[quote user="Indy"]http://readnorwich.com/2016/03/24/norwich-midfielder-has-relegation-clause/

Someone discussed Naismith on another thread about this clause, asking if it''s right?

Second last December there was it was during the Bowkett threads that there was an article saying we were servicing a debt of around 6 or 7 million but can''t find that, that''s why I''m asking![/quote]Indy, that was the website piece on Naismith I tracked down, which doesn''t look as if it has any particular credibility, but you accepted it as a hard fact. Hence me asking if there was anything to back it up from a more reliable source.

Well without actually seeing his contract who really knows, is it in or not?

We shall see, but yep looking back it''s not the official web site, that''s true and as for the 7 million, it was my mistake, but it''s from Ricardo, AGM report

"McNally then went on to show us the forecast for 2015/16 where we have budgeted for a loss of over £7 million"

OK both questions not facts, that''s why I said I remember reading! Not knowing!

To be honest Purple I hope Naismith does have that clause, he''s been a real let down, not sure he''s fully committed to us and to move on might be best for all parties.

We dont need Pritchard, and at 8 mill im sure clubs like Burnley and a few  lower reach Prem clubs will be interested in him.So much nonsense opinionated about Naisy. What has the guy himself actually said in the last few days, well after relegation has seen City down?That he moved for the chance of regular football, also that he does not regret moving to Norwich. Does not sound like a guy that is eager to leave the club to me. Also, dont see many clubs taking up the reigns to sign him, again, maybe a club like Burnley  may take a shot, who knows.I reckon much what happened after January was his own struggle to adopt to regular week in week out football, after he had such a long string of injuries / sub only appearances at Everton. Also lets not forget Alex had adopted a defensive type approach by then, plus to much tinkering, coupled with  not so good substitutions which he admitted to. Im sure Alex will go back to his attacking style we saw last time in the Champs, put Naisy in an all out attacking format and it could be fun for us and a nightmare for Champs defences. A guy who ripped 3 goals against Chelsea  last season, and showed us what he can do  as in the crazy home game vs, Liverpool, could really  be lethal in the Champs.  Add in a young Maddison, Wes also when he has the energy, Howson etc, dont see us needing to add to much.

[quote user="Indy"]Well without actually seeing his contract who really knows, is it in or not?

We shall see, but yep looking back it''s not the official web site, that''s true and as for the 7 million, it was my mistake, but it''s from Ricardo, AGM report

"McNally then went on to show us the forecast for 2015/16 where we have budgeted for a loss of over £7 million"

OK both questions not facts, that''s why I said I remember reading! Not knowing![/quote]Thanks. But now the situation is likely to be as two years ago, when we budgeted to break even but turned a £6m profit, because we didn''t have to pay bonuses for staying up. If so then we will probably roughly break even rather than make that £7m loss.

Yep, as I said I just remember reading that figure.

We might well break even but relegation will have its cost even with relegation clause wage decrease!

Back to the thread I don''t think we need Pritchard as we have a great prospect in Maddison along with Murphy who played that role this past season not forgetting Wes who will no doubt start most games.

Do you think Naismith will be here come the 6th August purple?

[quote user="Indy"]Yep, as I said I just remember reading that figure.

We might well break even but relegation will have its cost even with relegation clause wage decrease!

Back to the thread I don''t think we need Pritchard as we have a great prospect in Maddison along with Murphy who played that role this past season not forgetting Wes who will no doubt start most games.

Do you think Naismith will be here come the 6th August purple?[/quote]Indy, I understand we lose revenue for next season, but the argument was that we would be going into next season on the back of a £7m deficit, which would hold us back in the transfer market. The likelihood is that won''t be the case.I have no idea about Naismith. If - and it is a big "if" - he does have a get-out clause the chances are greater he won''t stay. I only saw him play twice - against Watford,who weren''t trying that hard, and Newcastle, who were. I thought he played well in that game, and in the kind of way that would be very useful in the Championship - ie flitting in the space between midfield and upfront, and in the gaps upfront. Against less quick-thinking defenders in the Championship he could create havoc, and be a goalmaker and - to an extent - goalscorer.

I can''t comment on finances as I never said it as a fact but as a question, that aside without knowing the finances to date who knows how our finances stand. I''m not as confident as some on here in thinking we have 10-20 million to spend, more that we will sell and invest in a few new faces at a lot less spend. I think our sales will certainly exceed our spending this summer.

Naismith just hasn''t looked that interested but no doubt if motivated next year could well be a very big player for us, but I didn''t read his comments like some on here that he''s staying, at no point did he say he''s signed for Norwich and is focuses on getting us back up, just that he made the move to play more games.

I''m not holding out huge expectations in the transfer market as I think we have a pretty solid squad for this level, but if we go up, this squad would require a major overhaul.

He was brilliant for Brentford and I can''t imagine it being easy for a player like him in a Pullis team. Perfect replacement for Wes. He may well not want to come here, but that shouldn''t stop us going for him, he is exactly what we need

I can see him going to Bournemouth.

He would fit in really well with their philosophy. They have the money and the status now after last season.

They may appear small due to the size of support/stadium, however they stayed up easily last season, despite many injuries to important players, and played some good football doing it.

They have the structure, money and vision that would attract players like Pritchard. For us to compete we would have to show the same attributes and more. Sadly I don''t believe we are in the position to do that! :(

Snake