Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Well Pritchard is available

I would love for us to sign him, unfortunately we are not in the Market place for him.

He will go to another Prem club and won''t be able to compete for him.

Was rather decent for Brentford a couple of seasons ago, but all-but missed last season so would be hard to say if he''s lost anything....I''d have thought 8m is probably a bit much unless it was to another PL side (I''d be well interested if we''d just gone up).

Best player I saw at CR in our last Championship season. Was fantastic for Brentford that day. However, ideal signing for a newly promoted club. Sadly think he''s beyond what we can currently offer.

If BJ and Grabban were worth £7m+ pritchard is a steal at £8m.

Having just turned 23 his best days remain ahead of him and he will retain a transfer value,, he is proven at champs with the scope to improve if we get promoted and he could be Wes'' fabled replacement

However we are very well stocked with midfielders at the moment; so the question is not whether we can afford him (quality, not buy cheap buy twice) but whether we can afford to buy him and the strikers / defensive reinforcements that we need.

Just the sort of player we should be buying if we are looking to get promoted and then some!

Agreed, if we e had stayed up then definitely would have been on my list. I''d rather keep our current options on the wing with the Murphy''s coming through as well and give them a chance. But most importantly, more so than another winger, we need to buy some decent strikers!

Zipper and van wink

Totally agree

He will only get better and better with great players around him. For me a Great signing and if we want to build a team that can stay and move up to prem we should look at pritchard. He made every brentford player and hence he can raise those here. A perfect wes replacement.

But as mentioned others may be interested and we may have missed the boat.

We need strikers but I also think we need to be more of a threat in the final third from midfield certainly when we were so inept in making chances.

We have to buy 3-5 key starters from centre half, 2 strikers and goal scoring midfielder and a solid tough defensive midfielder, could also be dependent if players leave if that number is 5

Who is bether value for £8m. Naismith or Pritchard. I know who I would rather have. If only we could find someone to give us our money back on Naismith.

So it''s McNally who bought Naismith, not one of AN flops?

As for Pritchard, we have a young version in Maddison who could be better if given the chance next season.

I doubt we will spend much more than 2-4 million, should imagine offering contract extensions to the older players some were expecting to go shows what to expect this summer, consolidate the championship squad, add the youngsters on loan last season, lose the likes of Klose, Redders & RVW and sign a couple lower priced strikers.

We are a championship side without big investment and barely debt free, we have a pretty big wage bill which will be trimmed and serviced by sales.

I''m more excited by our own youngsters who have bags of potential, Maddison, Thompson, Murphy twins, and hopefully a few more.

I saw a fair bit of Pritchard for Brentford, as I go with friends sometimes - he did look decent, but I do wonder if his season out might have lost him something, certainly doesn''t seem Spurs want to keep him so it will likely be a ''lesser'' PL side.

We have a fair number of 2nd/3rd season guys coming back in, like Murphy (x2), Toffolo, Thompson + the potential that is Maddison, so it would be good to mix them in with what should be an already strong Champs side. There''s areas missing in that list though, in terms of a CB and out-and-out striker, and IMO we need to be looking in those areas first and foremost.

Going to have to spend a lot more than 2-4 million Indy if we want to return to the top flight , would have hoped all the deadwood would have been shipped out by now but it looks as if we will hamper ourselves with the lkes of Martin and Jerome etc. As for the youngsters stepping up , how many ever really make the grade let alone are good enough to gain promotion from a very tough league,take a look at the Lowestoft squad packed full of the great young canary hopes of the past. We will need two very good strikers,two very good centre backs (one if Klose stays) and thats before you start on the midfield and wingers . Money has to be spent or we will be at this level for years to come , and unlike other clubs we cannot hang on to the hope of a wealthy owner riding to our rescue .

If we all think Toffolo, Murphy, Murphy, Morris etc are the answer to us getting promoted then I think you will all be very disappointed.

If we intend on spending £2-4m then we can forget about getting promoted. Because I can tell ya Newcastle, villa, derby, Brighton, sheff w will probably spend more than that.

Last time we were in the championship according to transfermarkt.co.uk we roughly sold £15m worth of players and spent roughly the same on bringing new players in.

The last time we spent less than £4m in a season was the season we were in the championship after getting promoted from league one.

Can you imagine selling the likes of Redmond, Brady, Klose and only spending about £4m. There would be riots.

Yeah last time we went down we spent nearly £20m (which our sales mainly covered) so no chance we''ll be spending £4-5m unless we don''t sell any of our key players.

I''d imagine we should be able to get north of £10m each for Redmond, Klose and Brady if we do sell and that will be reinvested.

I think it is patently obvious that we are going to have to reinforce our defence and attack, which will come to more than £2m-4m - but we will surely see a couple of leavers. We are not in particular need for m-fs unless we have a number of leavers

I agree that we need to spend more, but I''ve a feeling that we had a debt of around 7 million in Decenber, I can''t remember who posted it, then we bought in more high wage earners in January.

Our wage bill for last season will be a hefty one and our long serving players would even after relegation be on a pretty big wage for the championship.

My gut feeling is that Redders will go to further his career and I think we will lose both Klose & Naismith as both on big wages.

Any money in will sure up the finances to start with and anything left will be given to AN I''m sure every available penny will go to bring in new players, but we also spent lots on Thompson & Maddison and will be expected to use them.

Hopefully RVW will depart and we might get those two CB''s & a striker to come in, but I can''t see us spending more than 4 million.

We wait to see, but I will say, even without Redders, Klose & Naismith we do have a very strong championship squad, Jerome & Laffs would be very good at this level, Maddison & both Murphy''s are easy championship standard if not better IMO.

We''re a Championship team and we''ll have Hoolahan, Naismith and Andreu competing for that position next year, at this level that is some enviable quality, experience and depth and we also have Maddison and Cantwell waiting in the wings, I know he tore us apart last year but that was probably the only time many of us have seen Pritchard play, it could''ve just been a one off performance on a big stage for him. I don''t think we need him and although he''s probably worth more than 8 million, that would eat away at most of our budget when we already desperatly need CB''s DM''s and ST''s

Probably also worth mentioning Maddison already has 30+ appearances and has starred in a L1 campaign as a 19 year old. By that age Pritchard had only played 6 games on loan at Peterborough and was sat mostly on the subs bench there.

I think Andrue will be back in Scotland by the start of the season, just can''t see Naismith here, he''s got a 6 million clause and can see Burnley having a go.

But I''m sure Maddison will prove himself next year.

[quote user="Indy"]I think Andrue will be back in Scotland by the start of the season, just can''t see Naismith here, he''s got a 6 million clause and can see Burnley having a go.

But I''m sure Maddison will prove himself next year.[/quote]I have tracked down one report to that effect on a website I had never heard of. Is there anything more substantial to back up this claim? As to a debt of £7m, who posted that? Someone with some credibility or not? A few days ago Balls rubbished the idea that we were in financial trouble, and I doubt he would do that if the accounts were going to show it was all true.

http://readnorwich.com/2016/03/24/norwich-midfielder-has-relegation-clause/

Someone discussed Naismith on another thread about this clause, asking if it''s right?

Second last December there was it was during the Bowkett threads that there was an article saying we were servicing a debt of around 6 or 7 million but can''t find that, that''s why I''m asking!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Indy"]I think Andrue will be back in Scotland by the start of the season, just can''t see Naismith here, he''s got a 6 million clause and can see Burnley having a go.

But I''m sure Maddison will prove himself next year.[/quote]I have tracked down one report to that effect on a website I had never heard of. Is there anything more substantial to back up this claim? As to a debt of £7m, who posted that? Someone with some credibility or not? A few days ago Balls rubbished the idea that we were in financial trouble, and I doubt he would do that if the accounts were going to show it was all true.[/quote]I think Indy is swatting for his fag packet exam - but the evidence he''s supplying in this thread suggests he''ll fail miserably. [:S]