Sign in to follow this  
Curious Canary

No wonder this football club is in trouble

The chairman has quit, the chief exec has quit.

And we are being run by a bunch of dreamers.

We have Balls and his missus who are presenting themselves as the social conscience of the nation.

And now Delia, who again confirms that she knows as little about politics and logic as she does about football, puts her oar into the EU Referendum debate.

This from her article in today’s Guardian:

“No, I’m not a naive optimist…"

“I believe passionately in the human adventure, and that individual people as well as individual nations will in time, in spite of how long it might take, embrace solidarity and the global society.”

She also says:

“I may well be mocked for my views but again, bring it on!”

So since you asked, here’s a start.

In my view something more serious than mocking is required.

It’s about taking a high profile, politically motivated, totally divisive stand that’s entirely in conflict with the responsibilities of ownership of a community focused football club with a diverse fan base. This shows a complete lack of respect.

Delia you are not fit to run our football club.

So she''s not allowed to have an opinion on the most important decision the people of this country will make?? And by the way, what she has written is,on the whole, actually very good.

Herman you should know by now, that she can''t say anything or do anything without some people wanting to beat her.

She has ideals that are unlikely to happen, but if they did the world would be a better place for sure.

As a well known public figure her opinion is of interest generally. Yours isn''t.

Well she is good at cooking, not so good at running a football club. She may have the ego to think many if any are interested in her views on the EU, i doubt her intervention will swing the local vote one way or the other, but of course she is entitled to an opinion

[quote user="Fuzzar"]As a well known public figure her opinion is of interest generally. Yours isn''t.[/quote]

You clearly have no idea of the meaning of democracy.

You would rather have a celebrity culture where a cook can tell us how to run the country.

I could ignore that as everyone else should, but as a public figure she represents Norwich City Football Club. So it affects me personally.

Why don’t we just shut down the messageboard or just allow public figures to post on here.

She''s not telling us how to run the country, just giving her opinion. Just because you disagree with it doesn''t mean she should shut up.

Following Delia`s strange political thinking, had the goverment decided that we should leave the EU then she would have been happy with that as in her eyes it would have been democratic.I then thought her statement that the world was beginning to become a global community so we should stay inside a 28 country self isolating block rather contradictory.Bottom line is that on the 23rd she gets one vote just like everybody else.

Someone asked her opinion, she gave it.Why is everyone who thinks of other nationalities as just other humans with the same goals in life rather than someone to be despised and mistrusted,  mocked as not knowing what they are on about?

We''re in trouble all right. Someone call the administrators, we need to get our debt sorted out before our 15th pointless midtable championship slog in a row....Oh wait

Should never be a vote on something which might have such a huge effect on this countries finances and economic growth......just to stop s few thousand across our borders.

None of us know the real benefits of staying in or coming out and it''s become as normal is an X Factor type of popularity vote with celebrities canvassing each side to get people to vote their way, instead of more factual based information on the real impact one way or the other.

Crazy times we live in!

[quote user="Curious Canary"][quote user="Fuzzar"]As a well known public figure her opinion is of interest generally. Yours isn''t.[/quote]

You would rather have a celebrity culture where a cook can tell us how to run the country.

I could ignore that as everyone else should, but as a public figure she represents Norwich City Football Club. So it affects me personally.

Why don’t we just shut down the messageboard or just allow public figures to post on here.[/quote]

Allow public figures to post on here?

Whatever next?

And can you just remind me which way I''m sposed to vote?

Dead right Indy. The vast majorty haven''t got the slightest clue what effects leaving or staying would have. Too many bigots just see the red mist when they hear a furrin accent.

Put the Daily Mail down guys. The amount of welfare that gets spent on the jobless and particularly jobless immigrants is absolutely tiny. Most of your tax money that goes to welfare goes to supporting single mothers and pensioners.

Yes, it''s sad that divisive politics have been brought into the running of the club. Those backing IN are mostly those that also backed joining the flawed Euro.

Commonsense said don''t join the Euro and it again says we must leave the EU.

BTW, have the Balls family taken in those migrants they so loudly promised to accommodate ?

[quote user="Herman "]She''s not telling us how to run the country, just giving her opinion. Just because you disagree with it doesn''t mean she should shut up.[/quote]

Yes she is.

She said:

“And I want to do everything in my power to encourage you to add your support to our membership in a group of nations who, for all their imperfections, are learning how to coexist in a converging world.”

She isn’t just giving her personal opinion she’s telling us (encouraging us, same thing) how to vote.

And it’s quite clear that she didn’t want us (mere plebs) to have a vote in the first place.

“First, why is the entire nation being put under this unnecessary pressure?”.

[quote user="Curious Canary"][quote user="Fuzzar"]As a well known public figure her opinion is of interest generally. Yours isn''t.[/quote]

Why don’t we just shut down the messageboard or just allow public figures to post on here.[/quote]
LOL, you are either mental or on a wind-up.
Freedom of speech?
A pound to a penny says if she had come out as anti-EU then you would not have bothered posting this.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="Curious Canary"][quote user="Fuzzar"]As a well known public figure her opinion is of interest generally. Yours isn''t.[/quote]

LOL, you are either mental or on a wind-up.
Freedom of speech?
A pound to a penny says if she had come out as anti-EU then you would not have bothered posting this.
[/quote]

You clearly have no interest in the subject and nothing useful to say, so why bother posting vacuous comments.

[quote user="Curious Canary"][quote user="Herman "]She''s not telling us how to run the country, just giving her opinion. Just because you disagree with it doesn''t mean she should shut up.[/quote]

Yes she is.

She said:

“And I want to do everything in my power to encourage you to add your support to our membership in a group of nations who, for all their imperfections, are learning how to coexist in a converging world.”

She isn’t just giving her personal opinion she’s telling us (encouraging us, same thing) how to vote.

And it’s quite clear that she didn’t want us (mere plebs) to have a vote in the first place.

“First, why is the entire nation being put under this unnecessary pressure?”.[/quote]

Us plebs shouldn''t have a vote on something we have no idea on.....all most people base their vote on is how they feel about the EU and the bull fed by each side, to the detriment of our country, possibly.

It''s like like asking the public which wire to cut on a bomb, red wire or blue, why not leave it to the professionals who know more than us!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Delia co-owns an English football club. The UK leaving the EU could well affect English football clubs.[/quote]

Totally irrelevant point.

Where did she mention football?

You don''t have a clue what impact being in or out will have, nope I won''t be voting, it''s the most stupid thing any government has ever done.

I''m pleased to see her comments which in my view are full of wisdom. But then that is what happens when you grow older and have a fuller perspective of life. Her main point is that the petty squabbles are futile. Yet we find the same thing here. Does the OP not see the irony of his post?

I loved this bit about the referendum."First, why is the entire nation being put under this unnecessary

pressure? We already get to vote for a democratic system, where all the

big decisions are meant to be made on our behalf".

Exactly right Delia, a referendum was part of the Conservative manifesto and has duly been delivered. You may not like it but that''s what people voted for, its called democracy.It strikes me that Delia is merely articulating a strain of thought that says that ordinary people shouldn''t be trusted with a vote in case they vote the wrong way.

[quote user="Curious Canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Delia co-owns an English football club. The UK leaving the EU could well affect English football clubs.[/quote]

Totally irrelevant point.

Where did she mention football?[/quote]She doesn''t have to mention it for it to have some relevance. If she had done it would have looked as if she was elevating that specific factor, in which she has a professional business interest, to major importance, when it is only, as I am sure she knows, of limited significance in the great scheme of things.But the broader questions of movement of labour and the further integration of the continent, for which football can stand as a crude symbol, are key to the decision on whether to vote to remain or leave.

At least she didn''t blather on about the EU on a football forum.

[quote user="Curious Canary"][quote user="Herman "]She''s not telling us how to run the country, just giving her opinion. Just because you disagree with it doesn''t mean she should shut up.[/quote]

Yes she is.

She said:

“First, why is the entire nation being put under this unnecessary pressure?”
.[/quote]It''s not the same thing at all! How about reading the whole paragraph properly?

[quote user="Curious Canary"]Delia, who again confirms that she knows as little about politics and logic as she does about football.....[/quote]I can''t say about her politics (it''s not relevant anyway on a football forum) but to suggest she knows little about football is ignorant in the extreme. It''s 20 years since she became a director of NCFC and 19 years since she became majority shareholder. She, along with her husband, have taken the club from a perilous position when they first joined to the financial stability we enjoy now and relative success over the last few years. She rubs shoulders with people at the very top of the game which includes rich foreign owners, international managers and players and has been known to take advice from well respected figures including Roy Hodgson and Dave Stringer.She has attended virtually every game home and away since she''s been here and has known personally every player who''ve been on our books in that time.

Now Curious Canary, let''s have a list of YOUR qualifications to justify your statement