Sign in to follow this  
treacletown07

Two striker targets

We absolutely need to! Whilst relegation is painful it''s a good place to reboot the team and bring in new blood. Kodjia seems a good young prospect and may well have a min fee release clause in his contract.

James Wilson at Man Utd on loan or Bamford on permanent would be good additions

Please dont commit blasphemy as well. I find religious insults offensive.

I cannot help the facts oftvhe hemed contract and the behaviour of his agent.

The lad Fletcher who played for Barnsley yesterday on loan from Man Utd looked like he could be quite handy.

[quote user="treacletown07"]Please dont commit blasphemy as well. I find religious insults offensive.

I cannot help the facts oftvhe hemed contract and the behaviour of his agent.[/quote]

Ok, good to know you''ve been trolling. Should have realised earlier.

Kodjia not young, think 26 so coming into prime. Its easy to say their chairman has money but they hardly break the bank with signings and will have a sensible structure based on their performance and expectation, which we should and will exceed.

So I would expect us to pay more and offer a greater career option for him, if the scenario ever plays out.

Dembele may be different as a top PL club may move with one eye on the future, as he is only 21.

But both should be players we show interest in.

Dembele...not a chance. Kodjia..would likely to need to pay nearer 10 mill than 5 mill as hes integral part of Bristol City. That club has a wage ceiling structure of around 15k a week and there is discussion wether they should break it in order to secure LeeTomlin as he would want around 20 -30k a week, so i think we could tempt Kodjia here wage wise, but the transfer fee would be the tough part.To be honest i cant see us getting any striker from the Prem or the Champs, likely we will need to hunt in L1 and L2 or across the water in Europe.

Dembele...not a chance. Kodjia..would likely to need to pay nearer 10 mill than 5 mill as hes integral part of Bristol City. That club has a wage ceiling structure of around 15k a week and there is discussion wether they should break it in order to secure LeeTomlin as he would want around 20 -30k a week, so i think we could tempt Kodjia here wage wise, but the transfer fee would be the tough part. To be honest i cant see us getting any striker from the Prem or the Champs, likely we will need to hunt in L1 and L2 or across the water in Europe.

As usual really valid points Ess, but this is where club at crossroads for me. If we identified Andre Grey and/or Afobe last year, we should go all out to get them in. They cost that bit extra because they have that bit extra. we are big guns in Champ next season, so need to flex our muscle, saving 1-2m here and there isn''t going to get us up.

There seems to be a few big guns in this division this  coming season, i.e clubs with finance, not just us but Newcastle, Villa, Derby, Sheff. Wed...but how much these other clubs need strikers compared to us is debatable. Anyway, at this moment, does not seem to be much outside of Kodjia or William Grigg in the top two tiers, not that im a scout or anything.Everything is just so hush quiet right now, with no comings or goings, but of course its early days, no doubt Alex and the club are busy with the existing squad as well as identifying who they would like to add.

There are strikers who play in other countries to. If you pay the wages they will come. Or we could sign a striker on loan from a prem side.

I assume because he didn''t fit with them.

He''s got a very strong goal scoring record in League One outside of his one season with Brentford and he''s the kind of striker I''d like us to take a bit of a gamble on.

I think that next season we need to give RvW a try in the Championship. So far he has only played once for AN, a League Cup game v Rotherham and scored in it. He couldn''t cut it in the Premiership although his season was injury hit, but I do have strong beliefs that he could do well for us in the Championship

I will second the ''because he''s gash'' notion.

Yes, we spent £7.5 - 8m on him but he''s turned out to be a dud. We just need to accept it and move on instead of clamouring for his return due to the outlay. Plenty of other lower-mid table Premier League teams burn through players costing similar money.

Who was that Greek bloke Fulham signed just before they were relegated ? He cost more than rvw didn''t he ?

Mitroglu. He went on loan to Benfica and scored 25 goals according to Wiki. His wage bill is obviously not manageable for a Championship side, but I remember him arriving at Fulham with a high reputation after a decent Champions League campaign. He seems to have scored goals everywhere apart from Fulham.

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Mitroglu. He went on loan to Benfica and scored 25 goals according to Wiki. His wage bill is obviously not manageable for a Championship side, but I remember him arriving at Fulham with a high reputation after a decent Champions League campaign. He seems to have scored goals everywhere apart from Fulham.[/quote]
That would be even more frustrating I think, than having RvW who''s proven useless everywhere since we got him. Unfortunately, it doesn''t help with the resale opportunities..

I think Mitroglu was around £12-13m, and there are plenty of others that fall into that category.

I did feel for RvW playing in a very defensive, predictable Chris Hughton side but he''s given us no reason whatsoever to suggest he deserves another chance.

Under Hughton we had little if any wing play for RvW to thrive on. Nor midfielders threading through-balls. Now we have an abundance of both maybe he should be given a chance to prove his worth...

We need to be thinking bigger than Kodje and Hamed. We are Norwich City for Christs sake!!

Ibrahimovic is available isn''t he? I hear he is good mates with Olsson.

I''d be prepared to give RvW another go, provided he scores as least one goal in this summer''s Euros...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]Under Hughton we had little if any wing play for RvW to thrive on. Nor midfielders threading through-balls. Now we have an abundance of both maybe he should be given a chance to prove his worth...[/quote]
He''s been given 2 seasons in similar leagues to prove his worth. He''s failed dramatically.

History is full of examples of players who have "failed" at first but then gone on to achieve greatness. Who is to say that RvW and Lafferty cannot follow in the footsteps of Happy Gilmore, the Waterboy, Cool Runnings, Mighty Ducks?

Come on, see the potential.

Ricky is a plays by the rules goody two shoes coming back from a bad run of form lasting four years.

Kyle is a maverick with a harley and tattoos of all his children. He plays by his own rules.

The two of them have to put aside their differences and make it work.

The ultimate buddy movie with a happy ending.