Sign in to follow this  
treacletown07

Two striker targets

John Kodjia from Bristol City and Tomer Hemed from Brighton are exactly what we need - big strong centre forwards with a good goalscoring ratio. We are surely a better and bigger draw for them than their current clubs. I reckon £5million for Kodjia and £2million for Hemed would do the job and make us favourites for promotion.

[quote user="treacletown07"]No other clubs fans would want to post on here or even read the posts.[/quote]

I''m not sure you understand how the internet works.

Kodjia yes then a look at Diedhiou in Ligue 2. Also zac Clough at Bolton . Agree we need total refresh upfront. Calls for lafferty to play and hindsight views of hooper are off the mark. They would not have been the answer, nor is Ricky. Time to move forwards

We will get automatic promotion if we dont panic and put the radio man in charge again. We have a proper manager who soon adapted to this league last time and almost got automatic promotion from a dreadful position with more than half the games played.

I think we will lose Brady but other clubs wont gamble on Klose until he proves his fitness. If we keep the vast majority of our squad and add two strikers and possibly a CB then we will be more than fine.

[quote user="treacletown07"]I was referring to the cliqueness of this messageboard.

You dont get sarcasm do you ?[/quote]
No, I really don''t.

I wish people would get realistic about transfer targets.

Bristol City are owned by a man with far more money than Delia as he founded Hargreaves Lansdown, so why would they sell their main striker for £5m?

Secondly why would clubs challenging for promotion this season e.g., Brighton and Sheffield Wednesday sell us their key players for peanuts?

We are much more likely to be able to offer these players premiership football sooner than Bristol City or Brighton. If we are interested then their agents will broker a deal like Bournemouth did with Grabban. Our wage structure is higher than both of those clubs so that would be the carrot for them.

The transfer fees are realistic valuations based on their current stages of their careers. Hamed is 29 and it would be his last major contract.

It was an open question to anyone who reads this board. You replied and confirmed your maturity status as well below a normal adult.

Thank you for the entertainment. You are the gift that keeps giving.

Kodjia or Dembele for me, we need to show our teeth now if we want to move on, both these forwards still need development and are raw, lets nip in there and get one before the bigger fish come in and sit them I their reserves. But either one could score 20 goals next season, IF we get the service right and that''s where we have to get midfield right.

An all round athletic central player to sit alongside Howson is essential for me, O''Neill did ok and better than we all imagined, Tettey, not for me, lacks the technical nous to make us a sure fire top 2 team. Not many come to my mind. Oh just a bit of news, Dorrans likely to be on his way....

[quote user="treacletown07"]We are much more likely to be able to offer these players premiership football sooner than Bristol City or Brighton. If we are interested then their agents will broker a deal like Bournemouth did with Grabban. Our wage structure is higher than both of those clubs so that would be the carrot for them.

The transfer fees are realistic valuations based on their current stages of their careers. Hamed is 29 and it would be his last major contract.[/quote]

With respect to Grabban we were a willing seller. As I said before I doubt our promotion rivals would want to sell their key players for peanuts.

As for Bristol City, they have an owner who can resist (if he wants to) what we can offer.

As for wages you obviously have no idea what Bristol City or Brighton can pay.

[quote user="willo"]Kodjia or Dembele for me, we need to show our teeth now if we want to move on, both these forwards still need development and are raw, lets nip in there and get one before the bigger fish come in and sit them I their reserves. But either one could score 20 goals next season, IF we get the service right and that''s where we have to get midfield right.

An all round athletic central player to sit alongside Howson is essential for me, O''Neill did ok and better than we all imagined, Tettey, not for me, lacks the technical nous to make us a sure fire top 2 team. Not many come to my mind. Oh just a bit of news, Dorrans likely to be on his way....[/quote]

Looks like I am not the only one with the footballing sensevto know what we need.

The other posters just reinforce the lil old Norwich mentality and want to keep the image of a club for people born and living within a 2 mile radius of the ground.

Treacle, in todays market, I think any team would sell for more.

That being said we sold Hoops for a measly £3m!

And we bought a load of happy clappers to make loads of noise and keep the yocal locals happy.

You dont players of any technical ability (I am being sarcastic for you readers that dont get it!!!)

I''m not sure it counts as effective sarcasm if you have to point out that''s what it is...

Apples

[quote user="treacletown07"]Player power, agent might and more chance of PL football.

Simples[/quote]

None of that explains why Brighton would accept a bid of £2m.

Andre Gray and Jordan Rhodes both cost nearly £10m

Ipswich rejected bids of £4/5m for Daryl Murphy, a 30 year old striker in a purple patch.

Rudy Gestede went to a Premier LEague club for over £6m.

We even had to pay more than £2m for Grabban and we only got him cheap due to a release clause.

There is literally 0 precedent for a Championship club selling their top scorer to a rival for that little.

So no, not simples.

Treacle, although missing out the verb can be a problem in a sentence, your "dont" was also missing an apostrophe. And you stink of bin, by the way.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]I''m not sure it counts as effective sarcasm if you have to point out that''s what it is...

Apples[/quote]

Sorry chap but some of the posters just dont get unless it is pointed out.

[quote user="treacletown07"]Hamed is in the last year of his contract and is only on £10K per week.

Please do the maths and try to keep up old chap.[/quote]

As I said on the other thread- no he isn''t.

He signed a three year deal when he signed this summer. It says so on the BBC, Brighton''s own website, Sky Sports etc.

You''re an idiot.