Sign in to follow this  
Alfie54

So just one automatic promotion place to play for then!

Also with luck it might stop commentators going on about us having the best squad in the Championship like they did last time.  Or saying we had a squad full of Prem players - funny how as soon we were promoted, most of them suddenly turned into Championship players.

[quote user="unique"]The biggest advantage for Newcastle is the number of contacts Benitez will have, particularly in Europe.

Alex Neil''s stretch as far as Scotland.........[/quote]There is an argument (The Guardian''s north-east football correspondent touches on it) that the Newcastle model of buying youngish continental talent was in part what got them relegated and - now more to the point - will not work well in the Championship. That they need more of a core of English players about whom Benitez knows very little, just as this division is a mystery to him, and that he will have to be a quick learner.

The biggest advantage for Newcastle is the number of contacts Benitez will have, particularly in Europe. Alex Neil''s stretch as far as Scotland.........

we do now have a scouting system in place with contacts in europe and even further away places !

so no worries there expect some unknown players being on the radar !! :-)

I don''t think Newcastle will have it all their own way, they will be the big scalp that everyone wants to beat. And they showed all too often that they could turn it on when playing the "big" teams, but often fell on their faces when playing smaller ones.But regardless, I shall not worry about it, when a ball hasn''t even been kicked yet.

Interestingly I''ve just seen this in the Newcastle Chronicle,

"We''ll struggle te dee as well as Norwich, they''ve got a mamager wi Championship experience like".

Interestingly I''ve just seen this in the Newcastle Chronicle,

"We''ll struggle te dee as well as Norwich, they''ve got a mamager wi Championship experience like".

lets think about that Rafa or AN

Rafa every time please

if they fancy swapping managers i am up for that !!

It''s a big win for Newcastle to land a manager of such calibre

However

This league will chew you up and spit you out. I don''t think it''s a guarantee of success

Who was that guy Fulham had? Felix or whatever? Wasn''t he supposed to have been the greatest thing ever?

Never underestimate just how mental te championship is. It may well be the most mental football league on the planet.

I can''t wait to get going again

Rafa has already managed in this country where felix had not

its not just on the field though that i like someone like Rafa you just know he will sort out the coaching and bring everything at the club to a more professional standard

even though carr has been at the club years as scouting i bet Rafa also will bring his own team in there also

top to bottom i think newcastle will now be run better than before otherwise Rafa would not be there

Saying Rafa is a good signing for Newcastle is not foolish

What is foolish is assuming it will be easy for ANYONE.

Like I said, never underestimate this league. It will make you or break you regardless of stature there isn''t another league like I anywhere it''s a total scrap from start to finish and I love it!

I think someone has a mancrush on Rafa...it must be his dreamy eyes and suave Latin charm.

Apples

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]It''s a major positive for the Toon.

Serious things are happening at Villa Park.

Apparently we need to wait until after the Euros before we come back to life.

Dur![/quote]
Serious things indeed.

Aston Villa are in danger of yet another setback as Dr Tony Xia’s proposed £60million takeover is in jeopardy, according to reports.

The Villans have endured a miserable season, which resulted in relegation from the Premier League.

There had seemed to be light at the end of the tunnel for the club who had stagnated so much under Randy Lerner with Chinese businessman Xia set to buy the American out.

But the takeover is now in serious danger of being turned down by the Premier League and the Football League.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/01/dr-tony-xias-proposed-60m-aston-villa-takeover-set-to-fall-through-on-financial-grounds-5916772/#ixzz4AM32IDxs

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]It''s a major positive for the Toon.

Serious things are happening at Villa Park.

Apparently we need to wait until after the Euros before we come back to life.

Dur![/quote]
Serious things indeed.

Aston Villa are in danger of yet another setback as Dr Tony Xia’s proposed £60million takeover is in jeopardy, according to reports.

The Villans have endured a miserable season, which resulted in relegation from the Premier League.

There had seemed to be light at the end of the tunnel for the club who had stagnated so much under Randy Lerner with Chinese businessman Xia set to buy the American out.

But the takeover is now in serious danger of being turned down by the Premier League and the Football League.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/01/dr-tony-xias-proposed-60m-aston-villa-takeover-set-to-fall-through-on-financial-grounds-5916772/#ixzz4AM32IDxs
[/quote]

Not quite.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36426436

And with Leeds appointment of Garry Monk being imminent then I think that''s the last of the playoff places accounted for!

We''re DOOOOMMMMMEDDDDD

[quote user="cornish sam"]And with Leeds appointment of Garry Monk being imminent then I think that''s the last of the playoff places accounted for!

We''re DOOOOMMMMMEDDDDD[/quote]

I''d have said the opposite - Monk to Dirty, Coyle to Blackburn, Di Matteo to Villa, Rafa at Newcastle (for about a month), - the opposition are dropping out of the race like flies with their appointments.

My only real concern at challenges to our immediate return remains Pearson at Derby; at this rate even McCarthy at the Scum looks a likely bet for promotion.

I''d like that to be the case, shef!

Have to say, much is talked about teams/managers on paper before the season (or even the transfer window) starts. Little materialises as predicted!

I clearly remember an apparent consensus in August last year that confidently proclaimed Watford had no chance of staying up with too many loan and new foreign players. Bournemouth were equally nailed on for relegation as their squad was lightweight and their style would get found out (cf. Paul Lambert''s Norwich 2011)

depends which AN we get this season

the last championship one and i can see us going up

the AN we had in the PL last season and i see mid table

Big season for Norwich and AN can he prove that it was not a flash in the pan the season he took us up ?

he has done little to impress since that season so over to you AN