Sign in to follow this  
Donkey dangler

Is Whittaker the replacement for Redmond?

I was reading a post somewhere else which stated that Whittaker was good going forward.

It made me wonder if he would do more for us going forward than Redmond?

No.

Whittaker will be needed to cover Ivo Pinto, there are more games in the Championship than the PL so it is more likely that he will feature for us in that position. We also have the Murphys and Jarvis who can play on the right.

If we replace Redmond with Whittaker I will find whoever sanctioned this lunacy and launch my season ticket at them Bryan Gunn style.

Made me laugh.

Whittaker is needed to be the key man at the back of the Jarrold Stand in the car park.

Redmond is being coached on an upward path as one of England''s bright young things.

I''m pretty sure that one will not replace the other in any way I can imagine.

Modfield Lesso? does that mean he''ll be wearing a target so that he''ll be easier to hit with projectiles?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Mmmm Whittaker in modfield, wonder if anyone has ever thought of trying that out? could work.[/quote]

Brentford game? enough said

wcorkcanary;

Modfield Lesso? does that mean he''ll be wearing a target so that he''ll be easier to hit with projectiles?

Typo, but yes great shout corky, he could wear one of those RAF red/white & blue roundall''s on his back ! was a joke Alartz...

At least we can remember Whittaker playing in midfield that day.

Some may not remember his partner was Bradley Johnson who went totally missing and did nothing to help his colleague playing out of position.

[quote user="GJP"]At least we can remember Whittaker playing in midfield that day.

Some may not remember his partner was Bradley Johnson who went totally missing and did nothing to help his colleague playing out of position.[/quote]
I think trying to apportion blame to Johnson for Whittaker''s performance that day is perhaps a bit desperate.

Not at all. Football is all about partnerships, thought you might have known that.

Whittaker was out of position and played like it. Johnson didn''t have that excuse.

I think trying to apportion blame to Johnson for Whittaker''s performance that day is perhaps a bit desperate.

Whatever, we should not let the facts get in the way of a good opportunity to have a moan about any of our players or club !

I think I said that I imho Whits was playing more accurately when going forward than Pinto (remembering his clever goal vs. S''land) - my point being that he could be an alternative not just a back-up for Pinto. but I never considered him as an out and out winger. It''s going to be a long summer.

Sadly once he is forward and the attack breaks down, he can''t get back and do his proper job of defending.

[quote user="GJP"]Not at all. Football is all about partnerships, thought you might have known that.

Whittaker was out of position and played like it. Johnson didn''t have that excuse.[/quote]
Of course it is. But you put any midfielder next to Whittaker that day and they were going to struggle and look poor.

[quote user="Number 9"]Sadly once he is forward and the attack breaks down, he can''t get back and do his proper job of defending.[/quote]

Bit like Pinto then?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "][quote user="Number 9"]Sadly once he is forward and the attack breaks down, he can''t get back and do his proper job of defending.[/quote]

Bit like Pinto then?[/quote]

I did happen to Pinto.

There''s only one solution for Whitts. Every time he goes forward, he must score, The others then get down to a lengthy goal celebration giving him enough time to trot back to his position.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Whittaker will be more of a threat in the opposition''s penalty area than the holding player.[/quote]

Whitts is more of a threat the closer he is to our goal.

I can''t believe we ''ve extended his contract; maybe he is very good at preparing the half time oranges?