Sign in to follow this  
JF

OT Vardy to Arsenal!!

Arsenal have reportedly activated a £20 million release clause in his contract and he is expected to sign before the euros begin. Not convinced he would suit their style of play myself.

Reminds me of Wengers signing of Francis Jeffers for some reason

Now that''s a blast from the past what ever happened to Francis Jefferd?

strange to move from the champions to perennial 3rd/4th placers and I agree he doesn''t suit their style of play.

I imagine his agent has canvassed all the big paying teams and only Arsenal are interested. He''s no spring chicken so I can understand him wanting a mega payday.

Not being funny to vardy, he''s a great guy and I think we all get a kick out of his swashbuckling style of football but I almost feel his career had a narrative. A script. It''s lower league lad does good, get a big move and is never see or heard from ever again.

I''m just thinking a big move is going to be it for him. Not because he can''t handle it or anything but because it''s just inevitable that it will happen.

Don''t see any evidence he''s a "great guy" to be honest. Comes across as an unpleasant little scrote with a horrible chav WAG and despite the fact he''s vaguely decent find it very hard to warm to him as an England player. Hope he does well this summer though obviously.

Great move. We didn''t come up against many more dangerous players than him last season.

Yeah don''t know why I went with "great guy" to be honest lol

Also seen that ibrahimivic has agreed terms with Man U. I know which one I''d rather have!

[quote user="JF"]Also seen that ibrahimivic has agreed terms with Man U. I know which one I''d rather have![/quote]He''ll be expensive.Forget the transfer/signing on fee and wages it''s demolishing and rebuilding half the ground to get his head through the door that''ll cost.

Can''t wait to see the amount of abuse Ibrahimovic will get this season!

I can''t wait to see the amount he will give.

Great character, helluva player.

Fair play to Vardy. Worked his arse off last season. Deserves a move to one of the big boys. Good on him.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Fair play to Vardy. Worked his arse off last season. Deserves a move to one of the big boys. Good on him.[/quote]Yep, can''t take anything away from the man - not even his face that looks like an explosion on a sh*t-farm.

I am happy to sound like something of a class snob when I say that if he turned up to deliver my groceries, I would move anything valuable out of the hallway while he got the pallet from the van.

I disagree about Vardy not suiting Arsenal''s style of play. On the contrary, I expect Walcott to be sold this summer and Vardy is a ready made replacement for someone who Wenger hoped to develop for the role only to be constantly disappointed. Vardy has Walcott''s pace, is a far better finisher, and has much better anticipation and movement. With Arsenal''s midfield creating the openings for him, I''d expect him to be regularly challenging for top scorer in the EPL. Added to which, unlike Walcott, he is not injury prone. A great piece of Wenger business if it comes off IMO.

He has certainly earned a big move but for some reason I feel surprised it''s Arsenal. I think wherever he goes he might struggle to hit last season''s form though. Could be completed by the end of today apparently. Have to feel for Leicester fans if he does leave, but that''s the cost of success sometimes

Apparently the fee was nearer £30m.

Seems expensive for his age and the value he might be to Arsenal.

I suppose it weakens a potential rival in the title race next season.

He deserves the opportunity to move without a doubt.

That said, I really hope he stays. I''d like to see Leicester have a go in the champions league and attempt to defend their title with all of their big performers from last year. If money is the issue, I''m sure Leicesters owners could muster up a pretty impressive wage package to try and deter him from leaving for at least another year.

Ibrahimovic is just the kind of player that the Premier League needs, skillful, arrogant.entertaining and does a great post-match interview, loved to watch him since his Ajax days.

Can''t wait to see him put Wayne Rooney in his place.....if Rooney is still at Manure next season.

Ibrahimovic is a big fan of Rooney. Those two with Martial and Rashord is quite an exciting prospect.

[quote user="GJP"]Ibrahimovic is a big fan of Rooney. Those two with Martial and Rashord is quite an exciting prospect.[/quote]
Agreed. Could be the best attacking 3 - 4 in the Prem.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]Leicester ''fans'' are having a go at the new Mrs Vardy blaming her for this move, football supporters are funny.[/quote]

Jun 4
Listen LCFC fans don''t come at me with abuse! I have nothing whatsoever to do with calling the shots in my husband''s career! Its unfair