Sign in to follow this  
Cobain18

Squad next season

Think we''re looking ok for goals with Jerome and Naismith provided we add one promising striker and someone proven at championship level.

- I''d really like to see us sign Will Grigg (not because of the song), I think he will bang them in next season

- If we could persuade Bamford to drop down to the Championship, his record for Boro speaks for itself

- If Redmond goes, a quality replacement for him will be required, it would be good to see one of the Murphy twins prove themselves reliable back ups (don''t think the quality is there for them to be regulars at this stage)

- It would be good to see on of the younger lads successfully break through (Morris, Murphys or lad from Coventry)

If we keep Klose and Pinto I think we have a great shot of promotion. Personally don''t think we need too many players in, really looking forward to next season!!

I was reading on a Derby forum and before you ask why a ram supporting friend posted it on my Facebook that they think Chris Martin is not the type player Nigel Pearson would want. Personally i think he could do a good job for us if he becomes surplus to requirements at Derby.Tin hat on.

If true, that''s not a bad shout. The only question would be, would he come back to Norwich knowing he may not play 100 percent of games?

I personally wouldn''t want Chris Martin back. I couldn''t put up with everyone calling him "lightweight, lazy and a big girls blouse" all the time again.

Sky reporting that Derby are putting £4m down for Kodija.

Would like to see him here but the final bid will be a lot higher than that ... expect the Rams to go up to £10m.

[quote user="Cobain18"]If we could persuade Bamford to drop down to the Championship, his record for Boro speaks for itself - if we keep Klose and Pinto I think we have a great shot of promotion. Personally don''t think we need too many players in, really looking forward to next season!![/quote][Y]

Brady is probably right. Not sure why Jerome would leave or where he''d go that would be a better proposition than Norwich.

If the only big player we lost is Redmond I would be happy.

Keeping the likes of Olsson, Klose, Pinto, Brady, Tettey, Howson would be huge.

[quote user="Please Stay Timm Klose"]I personally wouldn''t want Chris Martin back. I couldn''t put up with everyone calling him "lightweight, lazy and a big girls blouse" all the time again.[/quote]

Have you seen Martin these days? I don''t think there''s any danger of anyone calling him lightweight!

Jerome?

He scored 18 goals for us in our last Championship season, including vital assists and goals in the play-offs. In fact he was voted "Man of the Match" for the Wembley game.

Good enough for me.

We still need two more strikers, hopefully better than him, but I would still want to have him in the squad.