Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Jarrold Stand is no more.....

And no, Jarrolds haven''t pulled out, they''ve been replaced........“We are very proud of our long history of supporting the football club,” said a spokesperson for the Jarrold Group.“The

club has however taken the decision to exercise their right to engage

in a new deal with another business to sponsor the stand going forward.

We wish everyone involved with Norwich City every success on the pitch

in 2016/17 season and the business will remain a firm supporter of the

club on and off the field".
Should ease the concerns of those who think everything stopped when McNally left.

Think the club will be in for a bit of a ''roasting'' when the new sponsors are announced.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Is there any well known Company with ''South'' in their title?[/quote]

I saw these last year;

http://thesouth.co.uk/

"When great British pop institution, The Beautiful South split in 2006, several members of the band weren’t ready to let it go.  So 2 years later, singers Dave Hemingway and Alison Wheeler, alongside life long members Damon Butcher (keys) and Gaz Birtles (sax) came out of retirement and formed the 9 piece band, The South.  With the realisation that if the fans didn’t want it, they wouldn’t do it, The South embarked on their journey.  But boy, did the fans want it!  And still do.  Those classic songs live on.  Songs such as A Little Time – the bands number one single – sung by Dave Hemingway, just one of the many highlights in a 20 year career.  Perfect 10, Rotterdam, Old Red Eyes, Good as Gold, Don’t Marry Her.  All performed again live, as they have been doing since 1989!

A few years further down the line The South now have their debut album under their belt.  A self financed labour of love, Sweet Refrains unveils their own brand of irresistible pop melodies laced with twists of caustic wit and opens another new chapter started by The Beautiful South.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Think the club will be in for a bit of a ''roasting'' when the new sponsors are announced.[/quote]If i mention a certain crisp company will this thread get pulled like the last time a few days ago that their name was posted on here ? [:D]

If it as people say, (new potato snack Co) then will that PLEASE put an end to the pre match rousing of each stand by the bloke on the mic?

About time too.

Everyone seems to think that the sun shines out of the Jarrold families'' posterior. They seem to forget how badly they treated the workforce of their printing empire...

Jarrolds shop was my first place of work when I left school. I had a happy year there and was probably wrong to leave. But then you think you know it all when you''re 16 and I could get an extra quid a week somewhere else. Looking back they really looked after me. It was like working for Grace Bros though[:)]

Were you an employee or related to someone who was?

Nearly 300 workers were well and truly shafted 10 years ago come September

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Jarrolds shop was my first place of work when I left school. I had a happy year there and was probably wrong to leave. But then you think you know it all when you''re 16 and I could get an extra quid a week somewhere else. Looking back they really looked after me. It was like working for Grace Bros though[:)][/quote]Did Mrs Slocombe ever show you her pussy ? [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Jarrolds shop was my first place of work when I left school. I had a happy year there and was probably wrong to leave. But then you think you know it all when you''re 16 and I could get an extra quid a week somewhere else. Looking back they really looked after me. It was like working for Grace Bros though[:)][/quote]
My sister worked at the Jarrold''s stationery store for a while, next to the main department store and separated by that cutesy cobbled street that had Hovells, the Ironmongers, that poncey furniture store "The Granary", that w@nkers menswear store Dogfish etc etc, on it.
Anyway, she said it was incredibly boring and couldn''t wait to leave.
So there we are.
Better to regret the things you did than the things you didn''t [Y]

[quote user="Les"]Were you an employee or related to someone who was?

Nearly 300 workers were well and truly shafted 10 years ago come September[/quote]

This was directed to First Wazzock

[quote user="Les"][quote user="Les"]Were you an employee or related to someone who was?

Nearly 300 workers were well and truly shafted 10 years ago come September[/quote]

This was directed to First Wazzock[/quote]
Les, be an angel.

I didn''t regret it''s just that looking back I realise that they were a decent company and I had a happy year there. My friend worked in the bit your sister worked. We walked out of school one lunchtime and went for interviews and both got a job. Anyway, a thing I laughed about at the time that I appreciate now is that when I handed my notice in the personnel lady asked if I''d talked it over with my mum. Of course I hadn''t. In those days I was far too grown up at 16 to truck with that! The same lady hid me away from all the bosses the previous Christmas when I came back from lunch drunk as a skunk.[B][;)]

Don''t regret anything in my life though. Because by hook or by crook I couldn''t be happier now! 

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]Jarrolds shop was my first place of work when I left school. I had a happy year there and was probably wrong to leave. But then you think you know it all when you''re 16 and I could get an extra quid a week somewhere else. Looking back they really looked after me. It was like working for Grace Bros though[:)][/quote]Did Mrs Slocombe ever show you her pussy ? [;)][/quote]

What happened in the stockroom stayed in the stockroom...

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Think the club will be in for a bit of a ''roasting'' when the new sponsors are announced.[/quote]

Is this a reference to one of our other current partnerships?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Don''t regret anything in my life though. Because by hook or by crook I couldn''t be happier now! 

[/quote]
That''s the spirit [Y]
I regret the things I haven''t done, but I still have time to do them.
This one time, I nearly joined the police force.... [:P]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]Jarrolds shop was my first place of work when I left school. I had a happy year there and was probably wrong to leave. But then you think you know it all when you''re 16 and I could get an extra quid a week somewhere else. Looking back they really looked after me. It was like working for Grace Bros though[:)][/quote]Did Mrs Slocombe ever show you her pussy ? [;)][/quote]

What happened in the stockroom stayed in the stockroom...

[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]
That''s the spirit [Y]
I regret the things I haven''t done, but I still have time to do them.
This one time, I nearly joined the police force.... [:P]

[/quote]

I did too but they wouldn''t have me! I got twice the national average in the exam but they came to see me and the missus and they reckoned we wouldn''t be suited for me working shifts. I''d never have passed the medical either but that''s a different tale. Anyway, from there I went to May&Baker and worked shifts for eleven years. So what did they know[;)]

I rarely even passed an exam so that one must have been lemon squeezy..... 

The store and the print works were two very separate entities of a large group.

I started my apprenticeship at the print works on 24th August 1971 and was made redundant on September 12th 2006.

The company had gone into administration a few weeks earlier after being "run"by a management buy-in team for about two and a half years.

We were always told that a move was on the cards as soon as a suitable site could be found outside of Norwich city centre.

Every new proposed site failed to materialise and fairly soon the writing was on the wall as the lack of investment took it''s toll on productivity compared with other UK printers.

After six weeks of administration the company was declared insolvent, with no monies available for redundancy payments.

The workers were paid from the Government Redundancy Scheme, in my case receiving some £6k for 35 years

service.

Funnily enough just over 2 years later the Administrators were paid in excess of £2.5million for their services!!!

Where did that money come from????

Yes, still bitter after almost 10 years but have, with recent financial scandals of the rich taking more and more, at the expense of the people who helped create that in the first place, realise that there is something seriously wrong with the world.

So no angel here!!!

I worked for them for a few years in the 90s. The members of the Jarrold family that I met always struck me as being quite uppity, arrogant and condescending.

In fact, the only thing I missed was the cheap booze at the Carmelites social club...