Sign in to follow this  

I thought Turner is out of contract this summer. Yet in an article in this mornings EDP. it claims that Turner is still under contract until the summer of 2017.

Can anybody please clarify the situation?

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Would prefer him to Captain fantastic if i''m honest .[/quote]Turner fell out of favour on Hughton''s watch and announced he wanted out permanently in December 14, so highly doubt we''ll see him in a City shirt ever again.But yes, better than Martin at CB.

DD he signed a two year contract in 2014 but we have an option for another year. Maybe why they have gone for that end date. Doesn''t seem likely we''ll take it up.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9431461/sky-bet-championship-norwich-citys-michael-turner-signs-new-contract

The EDP. article gave me the impression that the option on Turners contract was triggered as a result of us getting promoted to The Premiership.

If correct, we really are becoming the Dad''s Army of the Championship.

Turner is totally out of favour at Sheffield Wednesday and can''t get anywhere near the first team picture. That tells you everything you need to know about his standing as a Championship centre back.

Whilst it wasn''t solely his fault of course, our upturn in fortunes in the promotion season coincided with him losing his place to Bassong. Following that we actually had one of the strongest defences in the Championship in terms of goals conceded.

When you look at all of those facts I honestly don''t see how a case can be made for him being a better option than Martin.

Have you forgotten how poor he was in his last few games for us? Yes Martin and Bassong make far too many mistakes at PL level and Bennett looks to have developed into a solid Championship defender and nothing more but how could anyone say they''d prefer Turner? Unless you hadn''t actually seen how poor his was for us under Hughton and Adams and are only remembering him at his prime.

We are a Championship club again, largely because of the performances of our current CB''s but that was in a totally different league where a completely different style of play needs to be defended against and those 3 are pretty good at this level and are unquestionably better options than Turner!

Had his day now but a very good defender before the injuries got the better of him.

As good an "In the trenches" defender as Norwich have had for a while.

His contract ends next month, but the club have, as is written into most of our signings under McNally I am led to believe, a further one year extension which the club can activate if they want to. I can''t see that happening, though.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Turner is certainly a more effective CH than at least two of our current portfolio.[/quote]
You getting nervous yet that Redmond might stay and prove you wrong for what, a 4th transfer window running?

I admire your dedication Highland. I really couldn''t write as many consistently negative posts as you do.

[quote user="AJ"]His contract ends next month, but the club have, as is written into most of our signings under McNally I am led to believe, a further one year extension which the club can activate if they want to. I can''t see that happening, though.[/quote]

Are you saying that the jurnos who wrote in the EDP that his option was automatically activated when we got promoted to the Prem are wrong?