Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

An Awful Lot Of Work If A Hoax.

Agreed looks kinda legit

If it is someone''s in trouble lol!

Fulham at home first game and Ipswich in Dec and March

woukd this of been a lot of work or just someone who can pu together an algorithm to do it for them?

Hoax or not, was interesting to see the team we will be playing this season.

The thing that screams hoax, is that the sky bet championship logo is fuzzy. Surely if it was real it would be a high def version

If your''re really interested as to whether it''s a hoax I''d ask someone like chris gorham or Rob Butler to see whether it looks anything like they see prior to the embargoed version they get. I believe that they get them the night before release.

It''s got a statement on the front saying when they can be released (in its favour) and as has been said it''s got a not perfect quality image on the front (questionable). It''s not a document meant for wide circulation (to the general public) so they may not put that much effort into getting it to look right.

This looks too amateurish imho. The titling, spacing, the cheap MS Windows fonts and especially the logo which appears to have been nicked from the web and resized.

[quote user="ricardo"]Who caresWe play everybody twice.[/quote]Me for one ricardo as ''Er Indoors wants to go away at Christmas so it''s a case of does she go alone or do i go with her. [:D]

[quote user="Vanwink"]Slow news day, boring.[/quote]Have you picked up bor''s fishing rod Winky ?

I would suggest it''s a hoax, because I can''t believe that half the teams have both the 31st Dec and 2nd of Jan as home games, and the other 12 teams away games. I thought you get one home and one away over those two games?

But that aside, one thing looking through the fixtures demonstrates to me is that there are very few teams I''m particularly worried about! I thought, that''s a nice start, I looked at the run-in and thought the same and then in the middle isn''t particularly scary either!

We had those two fixtures at home (Villa and Saints) in the season just gone.

If it is a hoax it''s a pretty good one and well informed.

They even have us an away game in the Capital as usual (QPR) on Boxing Day. One of my favourite London visits when it occurs.

Fair enough Broadstairs, I couldn''t remember if i''m honest. I can hear Benitez moaning already about travelling to us and then Rotherham in the space of 3 days!

Yes.

I was thinking about this and isn''t it convention that the teams who play away on Boxing day have the two subsequent fixtures at home to even things out?

I know we were at White Hart Lane last season on the 26th.

Hmm…

Might be useful if TIL 1010 actually mentioned how he happened upon this particular doc.

Inside info from secret agent inside the FL?

Met a chap from Skybet down the pub?

Spend all my time when not on the pinkun messageboard checking stuff on docdroid just in case?

[quote user="hogesar"]Of course it''s not real. And it doesn''t require any real work whatsoever. Someone made it really easy by producing a php script which does it all for you http://www.fixturelist.com/createalist1.php[/quote]
Creating a realistic fixture list like this one is way more complicated than some dumb php script, the job of creating the real fixture list is a massive undertaking with very complex algorithms. Notice for example Norwich and Ipswich or Aston Villa and Birmingham never have a home game the same weekend, for policing reasons local rival clubs will never or very rarely have home games on the same day. Just one of the many rules for how the games are generated.
It''s looks legit to me, could be fake though *shrugs* we will see but you''re going to look a bit of a tw*t now if it is real.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="hogesar"]Of course it''s not real. And it doesn''t require any real work whatsoever. Someone made it really easy by producing a php script which does it all for you http://www.fixturelist.com/createalist1.php[/quote]
Creating a realistic fixture list like this one is way more complicated than some dumb php script, the job of creating the real fixture list is a massive undertaking with very complex algorithms. Notice for example Norwich and Ipswich or Aston Villa and Birmingham never have a home game the same weekend, for policing reasons local rival clubs will never or very rarely have home games on the same day. Just one of the many rules for how the games are generated.
It''s looks legit to me, could be fake though *shrugs* we will see but you''re going to look a bit of a tw*t now if it is real.
[/quote]
Oh i''m sure some kid with time on his hands spent a little time shifting things around and what not.
What I do know, is I won''t look like a "tw*t" as you so eloquently put it, for simply being dubious about the credibility of a leaked fixture list. Just like those who think it''s legit won''t look like idiots for believing it. Well, maybe they will, actually.
The above link, by the way, was literally a 5 second search and judging by the site is quite an old script. It wouldn''t take a huge amount of effort to write one that had a set of rules for rival clubs etc.

[quote user="FDC"]League just confirmed it was a hoax.[/quote]
I''m shocked.
Anyway, Ginga, about this "tw*t" thing...

Been outed as hoax, not completely unsurprising, I''ve noticed now that there are a few fixtures that don''t add up, Rotherham and Sheffield both at home can''t be right for one.
It''s clear they had gone to some effort to make this list and make it look semi legit, why you''d waste so much valuable time is beyond me, weirdos...

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="FDC"]League just confirmed it was a hoax.[/quote]
I''m shocked.
[/quote]
Yep you don''t look like a tw*t, for now... [;)]

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="FDC"]League just confirmed it was a hoax.[/quote]
I''m shocked.
[/quote]
Yep you don''t look like a tw*t, for now... [;)]
[/quote]
Don''t worry, there''s always next time!