Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Today near callers from the radio Norfolk...

Some callers said we should NEVER let Iwan and Malky go! The same old question, the role they were in the club was not played 38 games in the Premiership, it was how they were statue at the club, the leader at the club, the boss on the field except the manager!

After they go, we were definitely failed to replace them. You can let Iwan go because he was too slow in the Premiership hay but look at Sheringham, age was never a problem and Iwan''s goal scoring record proved he can still do a job; but we should not have let Malky go, or, we have Shackell now, the leader of the academy team and reserves, let''s make Shack to the first team and believe me, he is the next John Terry!!!

I would love to have kept Iwan but I don''t think that he wanted to play a bit part - yes he would have been slow but he could have been an excellent sub and as part of the team he was obviously an excellent motivator...Malky - well he was OK and it was a bit of a strange decision to let him go so easily but I don''t think he would have cut in the premiership though - but hey we kept Flem didn''t we!!!!

Now might be the time to offer Iwan a coaching role up at Colney to inject a bit of passion and self-belief into the team - something that poor old Worthy doesn''t appear to be able to do....

dead right xx - i''m not sure if we should have kept malky, maybe, but the main point is, we never replaced him with a like for like defender. a big guy who makes his presnce felt and can organise his defence. we still don''t have that. you must have a talker in there who is always holding the line and making sure his teamates aren''t out of position. we are desperately missing that and have been ever since malky left.

i think charlie was quite a good talker and organiser in central defence when he started in there last season but his lack of height and pace were exposed and i don''t fancy his chances in central defence either in div 1.