Sign in to follow this  
Grant Holts Moustache

Naismith- "I'll do all I can to get Norwich back to the Premier League"

http://m.heraldscotland.com/sport/14536220.No_regrets_for_Scotland_striker_Naismith_despite_season_to_forget_for_club_and_country/

Some new quotes, sorry it''s not clickable but phone won''t allow. This time saying he wants to be here to get us back up and wanted to leave Everton as the start of the season.

Great news! He''ll have settled after a pre season with the lads and he''ll be quality in the championship. He''ll score at least 10 goals next season if started regularly.

Whilst his signing for us thus far has been more or less a dismal, expensive failure, I am quite happy about this.

He can hardly have been such an ineffective player when turning out in the Premier League for Everton and he was quite highly regarded by Everton fans.

There is a lot more to come if his head is now in the right place. Some have doubted his true commitment to NCFC in the past.

Also, let''s hope now that a few other notables could give us encouragement and follow suit; namely Klose, Brady, Tettey, Howson, the newer version of Pinto and Ruddy.

Alas, it doesn''t seem that young Redmond is in the same frame of mind.

Surely all these players will be leaving as part of the ''fire sale''? I''m sure someone will be along soon enough telling us that anything with a value needs to be sold...

Branston Pickle wrote the following post at 05/06/2016 11:11 AM:

Surely all these players will be leaving as part of the ''fire sale''? I''m sure someone will be along soon enough telling us that anything with a value needs to be sold...

Been told that Redmond and Brady are going but Klose, Pinto and Naismith are staying

Well lets hope all he can do to get us promoted is a whole lot better than his efforts to keep us up . Just think he''s another very average Scottish footballer and we have far too many of those already .

Getting Norwich back into Premier League is Naismith''s only hope to get back to the big time otherwise future in two to three years is the backwater that is Scotland. Redmond''s future was obvious just need to get as much as possible. Brady exit is not guaranteed two relegations might make suitors think again and last few months not pulled up any trees.

Yes this is good news. No doubt if true to form Archant will nick this and use it in an article Tuesday or Wednesday when they spot it on here. [:)]

Would be a Iwan style turn around to win me over now - just didn''t appear bothered.

Good comment to make, but if he is chasing everything for 90 minutes next season, he''ll get my support. A lot to prove now though.

Well whoohoo, an aging pro who made about as much effort on the pitch as the corner post last season made a comment about getting us back up, hell he''s being paid a shit load to get us back there and his bonus should be good motivation!

I''ll wait to see just how he applies himself before getting a tad overexcited as others have!

But if we are losing Redders and Brady then that''s two of our younger players while we are retaining the old guard, not really what AN has stated his plans were to get some youth into the squad, maybe the likes of Maddison, Thompson & Murphy will be in his plans.

Never a doubt Naismith would stay at City. All he ever wanted was regular  first team action rather than a super sub. Lets be honest, in the few games he played, he was hampered as much by Alex''s defensive approach and tinkering around as much as his own form. Dont give a hoot how much we paid for him, if he gives 100% in the coming season and Alex goes attacking, then i for one am licking my lips at the prospect of him being in our squad. Good news that Pinto and Naismith are up for the cause. Hoping Klose follows suit.

[quote user="Indy"]Well whoohoo, an aging pro who made about as much effort on the pitch as the corner post last season made a comment about getting us back up, hell he''s being paid a shit load to get us back there and his bonus should be good motivation!

I''ll wait to see just how he applies himself before getting a tad overexcited as others have!

But if we are losing Redders and Brady then that''s two of our younger players while we are retaining the old guard, not really what AN has stated his plans were to get some youth into the squad, maybe the likes of Maddison, Thompson & Murphy will be in his plans.[/quote]Just had to look up Naismith''s age as i had an ''aging pro'' down as someone around the 33/35 mark. Also i assume spending £8.5 million was a short term fix as we are '' retaining the old guard ''. Looks like someone has an agenda with posting stuff like that ?

Yes Til I have an agenda, Naismith didn''t make the effort last season, the least I was expecting after his 8.5 million move, was to see him give every game 100%, I didn''t see that at all.

As for my comment of old guard it was aimed at contract offered to O''Neil & Whitts while the comment was by AN himself to freshen things up.

Yes it''s early days and Redders with Brady might well be 2 out the door, I hope that Naismith actually follows up his words with action, as far as I remember he firmly stated last summer he wanted to stay at Everton and push to get in the team, then departed in January. He was an AN target so hopefully AN will get the best out of him.

Indy wrote the following post at 05 Jun 2016 2:37 PM:

As for my comment of old guard it was aimed at contract offered to O''Neil & Whitts while the comment was by AN himself to freshen things up.

This is a team that has been in the Premier League four out of the last five seasons. I would think that the term ''freshen things up'' is more of an indicator of adding some depth rather than a major overhaul. If Redders and Brady want to move on, slap a higher price tag on them. We have young players who could be useful in the Chumps off the bench, but I would take experience over youth at this time. If we only lose those two, then I still believe we have a squad who will contend for the automatics. If we lose another 2 or 3 then that changes everything.

This ''Naismith wasn''t making enough effort'' last season stuff is nonsense.

He was outrageously booed at Everton despite being one of only 2 players who looked like they were giving everything (the other being Pinto). Naismith makes himself available, others have at times hidden (stood behind players so the ball doesn''t reach them).

He''s a brave player who works hard, when a match isn''t going Norwich''s way, it can be frustrating as a result. Suspect he''ll make a few people look very silly next season

Booed by the Norwich fans? Harsh if so. He certainly didn''t perform to expectations but he had an injury when we signed him and it lasted with him through to the end of the season

A few started singing ''what a waste of money''. Was outrageous and not particularly constructive.

Only on the pink un could posters kick off about the fact Naismith wants to stay.

[quote user="Cobain18"]Suspect he''ll make a few people look very silly next season[/quote]Yep, but it''s difficult to imagine how those people can make themselves look anymore sillier than they do already.

Julian Hudson & Cobain18, I don''t care what he did for Everton,

I only care how he performs for us.

If he was anywhere near the player you dopes think he is, he would have improved the team when he came in January rather than the other way around. Our results dropped after he came in -so alarmingly we fell out of the division ! AN replaced an artist with a soldier was the crucial factor to our demise. I didn''t see a lack of effort from Naismith, far from it, he was encouraging those around him. But he lacked a certain something us silly people were expecting when we acquired him as a marquee player - goals & a certain level of footballing ability.

julian hudson wrote the following post at 05/06/2016 5:13 PM:

Cobain18 wrote:

Suspect he''ll make a few people look very silly next season

Yep, but it''s difficult to imagine how those people can make themselves look anymore sillier than they do already.

Now now Julian, I think you''ll be eating those words.

Why not put him in the under 16 girls team as one of the over age players - he''d really stick it to us non believers !

[quote user="Six Pack"]Julian Hudson & Cobain18, I don''t care what he did for Everton,

I only care how he performs for us.

If he was anywhere near the player you dopes think he is, he would have improved the team when he came in January rather than the other way around. Our results dropped after he came in -so alarmingly we fell out of the division ! AN replaced an artist with a soldier was the crucial factor to our demise. I didn''t see a lack of effort from Naismith, far from it, he was encouraging those around him. But he lacked a certain something us silly people were expecting when we acquired him as a marquee player - goals & a certain level of footballing ability.[/quote]

I never mentioned Everton or his contribution while he was there. I do think it''s relevant though. He''s been an established premier league player for a few years; he''s not suddenly turned into a bad player!

To blame a drop in performance solely on Naismith is naive, he didn''t perform as well as he can last season, granted; to write him off as a bad player when he was playing in an underperforming team and has played countless premier league games in his career is a very knee jerk reaction; I remember the same reaction to Pinto until the last 3 games of the season...... How opinions change! I''d suggest it''s in everyone''s best interests to give Naismith a chance next season (where he''ll have had a pre-season with NCFC under his belt) instead of writing him off and scapegoating him.

[quote user="Six Pack"]Why not put him in the under 16 girls team as one of the over age players - he''d really stick it to us non believers ![/quote]

P.S. I''m not tarring people with a brush of believers or non believers; I''m not sure what point you''re trying to make by disrespecting a professional footballer by suggesting he should play with under 16 girls teams. It looks slightly immature and is a very disrespectful comment to any professional footballer who is undoubtedly better at football than anyone on this forum.

I was just giving an opinion in a respectful way, not sure why you''re trying to pick an argument with deliberately exaggerated comments like tee above.

[quote user="Six Pack"]I only care how he performs for us.[/quote]So how about waiting to see what he does for us this season in the Championship. The rest of what you spout is both history and b0llocks - since making your inessential little rant, surely now you must feel a tad embarrassed in laying the blame for our relegation on Naismith? Wouldn''t have made a jot of difference had we signed Messi rather than Naismith with last seasons defence.We''d have still been relegated.

[quote user="Six Pack"]Why not put him in the under 16 girls team as one of the over age players - he''d really stick it to us non believers ![/quote]Dear oh dear [:$] I don''t know about calling yourself ''Six Pack''. In my eyes you''re going to be known as ''Sh*t Stack'' from now onward.

julian hudson wrote:

So how about waiting to see what he does for us

this season in the Championship. The rest of what you spout is both history and b0llocks - since making your inessential little rant, surely now you must feel a tad embarrassed in laying the blame for our relegation on Naismith?

Wouldn''t have made a jot of difference had we signed Messi rather than Naismith with last seasons defence.

We''d have still been relegated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We acquired Naismith to keep us in the Premiership - not to score 10 goals in the Championship - even Grabban, BJ & Hooper can do that !

I thought this post is about Naismith. Everybody knows there were many factors contributing to relegation - do we need to spell out those everytime ? Possibly for you as you can''t pre-empt anything and need us to draw you a picture.

There was one factor, the poor team form began in the 2nd half of the season Naismith came into the team.

History - what he did at Everton.

Bollocks & rants ???? Relegated if even if we had Messi - you''re right, a lot of bollocks and if you think Messi couldn''t have done a better job than Naismith ??? We would not have been relegated. So "embarrassment" - you doing a good enough job for both of us.

St*ck Sh*t - wow that''s clever ! Hope you didn''t burn out too many brain cells - try googling for others !!

Rant- I describe your post more a 5 year old in a blind rage .