Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

For those who criticised the club for not going for Neil Lennon...

[quote user="Curious Canary"]Hibs eh

Now let me think Hibs … they would be about the same standard as Hamilton Accies.

And your point is?[/quote]
Ignoring the fact Hamilton are in the Premiership thanks to AN, whilst Hibs are still in the second tier....
AN didn''t go from Celtic - Bolton - Hibs.
He''s worked his way upwards, Lennon has gone on a downwards spiral after the p*ss easy job of managing Celtic...

Hibs Eh........ they would be about the same standard as Hamilton Accies

No curios much lower, think Millwall but lower gates, worse football and similar fans.

Second thoughts, sounds like a good fit, Lennon at Easter Road ;-)

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Curious Canary"]Hibs eh

Now let me think Hibs … they would be about the same standard as Hamilton Accies.

And your point is?[/quote]
Ignoring the fact Hamilton are in the Premiership thanks to AN, whilst Hibs are still in the second tier....
AN didn''t go from Celtic - Bolton - Hibs.
He''s worked his way upwards, Lennon has gone on a downwards spiral after the p*ss easy job of managing Celtic...
[/quote]Precisely. And Lennon was touted as THE obvious choice for us. He was such a good manager he couldn''t possible fail to take us up, and upwards. I know all about Bolton''s financial problems, but if Lennon had done a good job there notwithstanding they would have kept him on. Instead he got sacked, and plainly didn''t impress any English Championship clubs that have been looking for a new manager.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Hibs Eh........ they would be about the same standard as Hamilton Accies

No curios much lower, think Millwall but lower gates, worse football and similar fans.

Second thoughts, sounds like a good fit, Lennon at Easter Road ;-)[/quote]
[:D]

Ahem, not one to be pedantic but Millwall and Hibs have broadly similar average gates...On the plus side it was a Hearts fan who had a swipe at Lenny (so should prove interesting if they meet in the cup).

Apples

Ahem, not one to be pedantic but Millwall and Hibs have broadly similar average gates...On the plus side it was a Hearts fan who had a swipe at Lenny (so should prove interesting if they meet in the cup).

Apples

Sorry Apples, there is about a difference of 200 between both averages attendances, and yes it was a hearts fan who had a swipe at Lennon, but he is banned now (the fan not Lennon)but you are right no love lost with Lennon and Hearts fans as a whole.

I wonder if he''ll relocate to Edinburgh, considering what happened to him Glasgow...frying pan and fire!

Apples

Poor Highland........

Will ye go to Inverness, 

Bonnie laddie,  Hieland laddie?

There you''ll see the Hieland dress, 

Bonnie laddie,  Hieland laddie,

Philabeg and bonnet blue, 

For the lad that wears the trews, 

Alex sits in Lennon''s chair, 

Had your will he''d no sit there, 

Bonnie laddie,  Hieland laddie.Ne''er reflect on sorrows past,  Bonnie laddie,  Hieland laddie;

Alex is our King to last,  Bonnnie laddie,  Hieland laddie.

[<:o)]

Oh **** didn’t ever think I would be defending the Hibbees (or Lennon) but facts are facts.

Accies are 5 places above Hibs. There isn’t much difference in the current league standings.

Hibs won the Scottish Cup, Accies didn’t.

Celtic won the league.

Hibs ave gate 9291.

Accies ave gate 3882.

Celtic ave gate 44965.

How can anyone suggest that Accies are a bigger club than Hibs?

(What has Millwall got to do with anything?)

Accies may have been promoted because of AN but they haven’t stayed in the SPL because of AN.

Have you got something against Lennon?

Or are you saying something like AN is a better manager than Lennon.

Lennon has managed a Champions League club AN hasn’t.

AN has managed in the PL, Lennon hasn’t.

It’s difficult to say one way or the other.

But hey ho, let’s just jump to conclusions and fit the facts around your subjective, biased opinion.

Course if Lennon had come here then chances are you would be taking a totally different attitude.

And this idea that AN is on the way up, who’s to say where AN is going next?

Presume you think the meteoric rise from Accies to Norwich means that it’s a big five PL club next, maybe Man U.

However could be St Mirren or Barnsley.

Betcha Lennon finishes higher in the league than AN.

And do you want to know what really p****s me off (probably not but I’m going to tell you anyway).

It’s the condescending attitude to Scottish clubs and to smaller clubs like Millwall.

As though we are mighty Norwich, they are s***e.

The same attitude that a large faction of the Man U, Chelsea, Scousers etc etc take towards us.

Think about it.

Who knows what any manager would have done here, circumstances could have dictated Lennon might have been as good as Lambert or as bad as Roeder! No one knows so why this thread?

As for AN sorry but he was our manager who relegated us, this season could see the making or breaking for AN, a couple poor results and dip in form this season could see him managing East Sterling!

Oh great. Youre back again. Do you just wait for a thread started by me? How did you cope writing a comment that didnt involve a misplaced and irrelevant indie jibe now my avatar has changed?

Alan Stubbs left Hibs to manage Rotherham. Downward or an upward step in management?

Oh definitely upward Shaunieboy ! then Kings Lynn would be a step up from Hibs.

[quote user="Curious Canary"]Oh **** didn’t ever think I would be defending the Hibbees (or Lennon) but facts are facts.

Accies are 5 places above Hibs. There isn’t much difference in the current league standings..[/quote]
Facts are indeed facts.
"Accies" are a Premiership club, Hibs are in the division below.  Fact.
There is therefore a big difference in the current league standings, as they are in different divisions.  Fact.
The rest of your argument ignores one common factor, which is both AN and Lennon have managed in the Championship.  Lennon failed in the Championship with Bolton - fact.  AN got Norwich out of the Championship - fact.
Laters, binner.

surely the only comparison that can be made is how Lennon would have done here instead of Neil Adams when he was given the job permenantly at the beginning of the Championship season.....and I would maintain that given the same resources and playing staff, Lennon would have done a better job in the first half of that season than Adams did.

Shed Seven? Seen them about 20 times, best Britpop band ever-FACT!

It''s also a FACT that nobody has a clue as to how Lennon would have done here instead of Adams/Neil.

[quote user="hogesar"]I dont even know who Shed Seven are but I reckon i must love em! ;)[/quote]
It''s what us old-timers call "indie", see also
Suede (mk 1)
Echobelly
The Charlatans
Inspiral Carpets
Ned''s Atomic Dustbin
Carter USM
etc etc
Common denominator is I loved them when I was 16-21 but if I heard them now I''d probably do a double Van Gogh.
I never did like Shed Seven though.  Would rather have S Club Seven.
Get wise and get yourself some Pavement. Start with Wowee Zowee or Crooked Rain and work forwards.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]surely the only comparison that can be made is how Lennon would have done here instead of Neil Adams when he was given the job permenantly at the beginning of the Championship season.....and I would maintain that given the same resources and playing staff, Lennon would have done a better job in the first half of that season than Adams did.[/quote]
Problem is, I don''t even see any evidence of that.
And it''s not the only comparison because when AN was appointed there were several posters who slammed the board for the appointment citing that we should have gone for Lennon.
Whereas the sensible people don''t cast immediate judgement and, on top of that, probably realise that Neil Lennon isn''t some ginger super manager.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="hogesar"]I dont even know who Shed Seven are but I reckon i must love em! ;)[/quote]
It''s what us old-timers call "indie", see also
Suede (mk 1)
Echobelly
The Charlatans
Inspiral Carpets
Ned''s Atomic Dustbin
Carter USM
etc etc
Common denominator is I loved them when I was 16-21 but if I heard them now I''d probably do a double Van Gogh.
I never did like Shed Seven though.  Would rather have S Club Seven.
Get wise and get yourself some Pavement. Start with Wowee Zowee or Crooked Rain and work forwards.
[/quote]
Uh-oh.
I''m kind of in the American Pop Punk market. I think canary_1902 is, unfortunately, someone from my college years who, again unfortunately, is still following me about. Nowadays its limited to a football forum though.