Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Takeover

Now more than ever, it feels like the right time. With lesser clubs than us being taken over almost weekly, surely we''re attractive enough for investors/new owners.

I know you have to be careful, you only have to look at that mess down the road to see that, but this summer really feels like a bit of a turning point, the club is changing and I think we''d benefit from owners with a tad more ambition.

Difficult call, this one.My default position is thus:More and more clubs are being taken over by rich benefactors, foreign investors and the like – but they can''t all be successful. Even if 40 clubs are owned by billionaires keen to invest, a lot of them will still be outside the Premier League and some of them will invariably go the way of Portsmouth. If the average level of investment and wealth among owners goes up, so too must the risks associated with not reaping the returns of said investment. If we can stay solvent without accumulating debts and still have a shot at establishing ourselves in the top flight, that''s an achievement in itself and represents less risk than, for example, the QPR model (Lakshmi Mittal is a multi-billionaire, but they are still floundering).However, the more I think about it, the more I feel we need to consider whether the right benefactor could be what we need to maximise our chances of not being left behind in the financial ''arms race''. I honestly can''t see Delia and Michael selling out to a Cellino/Briatore figure, but I am becoming a little concerned that their desire to ensure the club passes on into the ''right hands'' is in danger of tying us in to a future of parsimony and ''little old Norwich''. Interesting times.

20 odd years as majority shareholders and no real outside investment has actually ever been been forthcoming.......Tom was appointed to the NCFC Board as a Director for a specific reason, and I personally don''t think it''s because of his business acumen or experience in the running of a semi-successful fluctuating football club .......There will be no takeover of this club as the Nephew will sometime in the future be given his "inheritance"......We will continue with the Dynasty that has controlled the club over the last two decades - and Nephew will appoint and recruit ''like minded'' individuals that will maintain that ''Dynasty''.....