Sign in to follow this  
king canary

We've Extended Michael Turner's Contract

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Following the fiasco that was last-August we attempted to play in the PL with a championship defence. Perhaps, we are planning to play in the championship with a league one defence.[/quote]
As always Highland, you make some overly negative comment without any real foundation.
Let''s say this then, going by the implications in your post.
If we start the first league game of the coming season with Turner as one of our CB''s, i''ll pay £10 into Nutty''s Funds thing. If not, you do? And £10 is a trivial amount on purpose, so there''s no reason to refuse.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Following the fiasco that was last-August we attempted to play in the PL with a championship defence. Perhaps, we are planning to play in the championship with a league one defence.[/quote]

Well, if we sign any league one defenders, that''ll be a real worry for me Highland.  But I won''t be losing any sleep at the moment.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Following the fiasco that was last-August we attempted to play in the PL with a championship defence. Perhaps, we are planning to play in the championship with a league one defence.[/quote]Which League One defenders are you hoping we sign Highland?

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]Lets see if I''ve got this correct,

We signed Turner and Whitaker

We let O''Neill go.

There''s not a place anywhere or a time or circumstances which can justify this![/quote]

I''m usually behind the club or at least try and look at it from a different perspective than my own, but in no way does this make any sense to me on any level.

I''d rather have Whittaker at right back than O''Neil in midfield.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]So of we''d given Oneill a two year deal would you have been happy ?[/quote]

O''Neill Capt the side in the Prem, whitt + Turner couldn''t even make the . You do the maths.

[quote user="GJP"]I''d rather have Whittaker at right back than O''Neil in midfield.[/quote]

Of course you would.

Well yeah. Whittaker was much more important to our promotion than O''Neil.

He gives you something going forward, more than what O''Neil does.

Certainly very surprising, as he didn''t seem to stand out for Wednesday this year, and surely not cover for Bennett.

In his day a committed and loyal member of defence, but he was never quick, and age has surely not increased his pace.