Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Gayle, Bamford and McCormack

What was trying to say in last post was, McCormack and Gayle would be dangerous in a decent team, and I would like to see Mutch at Carrow Rd, and Bamford wish him well but no thanks....

Love to see Mutch and Gayle in the championship with us. Think Gayle is a very similar player to Andre Gray who has been on fire last 2 years in the championship. And he''s at the right age. Mutch would be good too, experienced at this level but only if someone like Tettey or Dorrans moved on to make way.

McCormacks fee is way over inflated, Bamford did nothing on loan for us or Palace last season to suggest he''s ready. The only one I''d personally be bothered about is Gayle, wouldn''t mind him here

McCormack will be 30 in August, and spending £10m on a player who is likely to have no future sell-on value isn''t the smartest move in our current predicament. Would rather take a gamble on a younger player who is on the upward curve of his development cycle. Gayle is still only 25 and has the pace and movement to frighten even the best defences in the Championship. Bamford scored goals for Boro before, but from what I''ve seen he''s very much a confidence player (who had none while he was here). You need highly motivated players to survive a punishing 46-game Championship season.

I too would go for Gayle out of the three above. But didn''t he allegedly turn down a move to Bristol City because they were in the Champs?

I think he could do extremely well at this level and does have the ability to step up, should we get promoted.

I think he turned down Bristol City because they weren''t seen as a side pushing for promotion which was proven right. Should imagine if someone like us, villa, Newcastle or derby came in he would move.

Ive not seen anything suggesting that Boro are going to go for Bamford and thought they may have will how he played for them

, but for me he has not done enough when he has been on loan at premier league clubs, so no thankyou.

Not sure that Gayle would want to come to City especially as he is being linked with the other clubs that got relegated, and they can offer more in terms of wages. McCormack is too expensive currently and although he is and he could end up being worth the money its a too much of a risk if it doesnt work out.

I definately think we need to invest in some goalscorers just not the ones we are linked with.

I''d like to see McCormack go to a rival only because I think he''s heavily overrated and will go for a ridiculously overinflated fee - would happily see Villa spend half their transfer budget on a player at the wrong end of his career who I don''t reckon will work out for them.

Bamford we know can cut it at this level, I don''t want him here as he was pretty much useless with us but would rather he didn''t go to a direct rival either. Gayle honestly I don''t get the hype about - he scores on average less than a goal every 3 games and has failed to make the grade at a Palace team who aren''t particularly overburdened with world class strikers.

But the fact is we need a proven goalscorer. Most strikers fees these days are inflated.

You know what you''ll get with Mccormack at this level and thats goals. Anyone younger, or from other leagues is a big risk IMO.

Bamford needs a bit of tlc to get his confidence back. Whether he could achieve that here is a risk (and probably at an inflated price too).

Harks back to plain stupidity selling Hooper (& for £3m) as he''s proved at this level he knows where the back of the net is. Will be interesting to see who we go for

Bamford will go to Middlesbro and we won''t pay £15m for McCormack so Gayle is the only likely option of these three.

I understand Mbokani is still a possible. Jerome has been offered a new deal. Lafferty also still a possible depending on how he does in Euro''s. Gayle would give us something different to all three and would be my favoured choice.

Mb still a ''possible.''

Where is this from?

A forward four of Mbokani, Gayle, Jerome and (even) Lafferty would cheer me up no end.

wouldnt be bothered if we got none of themrather have britt assombalonga

absolute no brainer of a signing, can play down the middle or on the right, big and pacey and knows where the goal is

He''d cost at least 8 million and has a awful injury record. He''d walk into our team when fit but can we really afford to make such an injury prone player our biggest transfer outlay? he''s a lot like Callum Wilson in his directness and style of play and would score in the PL for sure.

Someone will take a gamble if Forest don''t make any progress soon and I''d love to have him in our squad, but it''s just a bit too much of a risk when someone like Gayle could be bought for a similar amount, will score in the Championship as well and is usually match fit.