Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Redmond rejects new Canaries deal

Dont ask for a source if all you can do is slate it when presented with it.

hogesar wrote the following post at 05/06/2016 9:57 PM:

Why? Do you have a view or are you just using your spoon hoggy? 😄

[quote user="Indy"]So if we sell for less than Grabban, you''re saying Ed Balls and co are not up to it then Bor?[/quote]

IMHO (I''m not Bor) thats correct.

[quote user="Vanwink"]hogesar wrote the following post at 05/06/2016 9:57 PM:

Why? Do you have a view or are you just using your spoon hoggy? 😄[/quote]
Bit of both if i''m completely honest [:D]

[quote user="Vanwink"]😂 the most reliable of sources, left wing liberal press being highly regarded for financial exactitude.[/quote]

I don''t think a papers political stance really has any bearing on how accurate their football reporting is. In fact, considering the amount of bullshit the Sun, Mail and Express fire out in their football sections you could maybe make the opposite conclusion.

Has anybody else cemented their views on the Redmond saga over the week-end?

I have.

Sell him if we end up with £15m in the transfer kitty after expenses (including the Brum pay out.) Many think this unrealistic .... all transfer fees are unrealistic nowadays.

Could anybody have ever imagined that a twenty nine years old with one good season in the Premier League and a handful of caps because of it would fetch near on £30?

Otherwise keep him to his contract because, at his best, young Nathan could be electric in this league and have a decisive influence upon our chances of success.

If by Christmas he is not performing for one reason or another, but probably because his head is in the wrong place, then sell him in the window after this. We should get that much mentioned £10m at least.

Having our cake and eating it? Sounds good.

Oh hang on! We will need quite a big wedge in the transfer kitty this Summer (two strikers and a central defender and may be a defensive mid-fielder.) and a contribution to this would be imperative.

Back to indecision.

I''ll have to have a re-think over the course of the week and starting with evaluating other saleables. Brady @ £8, Tettey @ £4m, Dorrans @ £3m, Seb @ ? Perhaps we could cash in on a youngster or two.

Let you know.

Given the financial bonanza we missed out on by failing to utilise Redmond last season, and also selling our best striker for a frankly trivial amount, it makes no sense to dispose of Redmond as he is key to mitigating the risk of a decade, or more, of championship medicroity, or worse, should we fail, again, next season.

[quote user="Buh"]Lol did you just call grabban our best striker?[/quote]
No, even funnier, he''s referring to Hooper.

Surely he means Hooper, which is only marginally more daft - he is a Championship striker, we were in the PL, his move made sense all round. Indeed, Grabban is too, but somehow seems to have stayed in the PL.

[quote user="Buh"]Haha!!!! Seriously![/quote]
Yeah. He''s not even joking, either.

We have struggled with strikers since Holt, Jerome & Grabban were fantastic at Championship level but both can''t take that next step like Holty did.

Would be nice to adopt a style and stick with it, build on it and ensure we have quality going forward.

It''ll be an interesting summer as we will no doubt lose a few and hopefully replace any departures with players with drive to take that next step.

I can''t believe he''s real tbh. I know I can be negative and a bit knee jerk sometimes but I can''t fathom the unrelenting misery following Norwich must be if he is actually a real person.

I like to think of highland canary as living in a shack in the toughest highland. 1 days trek from civilisation. He lives on a diet of boiled snow and snared rabbits. He''s part of some research team gathering evidence of some obscure scientific phoenomenon but his job is simply to watch the dials and make sure nothing goes wrong. His internet is sketchy at least. He''s basically sending telegraphs at this point. The wind outside howls all day and the mountain goats he can see from the single panes windows are looking more and more appealing.

At night, he hears noises. They whisper awful truths to him.

We are his last link to civilisation and without us the slight grip he has on reality is going to evaporate.

At night the icy wind blows through the holes in the cabin

Over time they seem to whisper

"Hoooooper..."

"Hooooooooooper!"

[quote user="Buh"]I like to think of highland canary as living in a shack in the toughest highland. 1 days trek from civilisation. He lives on a diet of boiled snow and snared rabbits. He''s part of some research team gathering evidence of some obscure scientific phoenomenon but his job is simply to watch the dials and make sure nothing goes wrong. His internet is sketchy at least. He''s basically sending telegraphs at this point. The wind outside howls all day and the mountain goats he can see from the single panes windows are looking more and more appealing. At night, he hears noises. They whisper awful truths to him. We are his last link to civilisation and without us the slight grip he has on reality is going to evaporate.[/quote]

I''m sure you have this spot on.

"it is never difficult to tell the difference between a ray of sunshine and a Scotsman".

Anyway, I see no prospect of Redmond being with us next season, anyone who thinks he will needs to be a bit more "realistic".  Once a player who wants to leave is into the final year of his contract, it is daft not to cash in.  Assuming we can get a reasonable amount in today''s transfer market and I can''t see that being just £8.5m.

True, normally you would cash in, but don''t forget we would still receive a tribunal fee even if he left at the end of his contract, which could be substantial.

It depends if a) he can be convinced to stay and give his all, and b) how much promotion is worth to the club versus a few extra mil on the transfer fee now.

[quote user="Ian"]True, normally you would cash in, but don''t forget we would still receive a tribunal fee even if he left at the end of his contract, which could be substantial. It depends if a) he can be convinced to stay and give his all, and b) how much promotion is worth to the club versus a few extra mil on the transfer fee now.[/quote]

Fair point, I don''t know how tribunal fees are calculated and whether that''s sensible given current transfer prices.

Personally I doubt whether he could be persuaded to contribute if he stayed.  For me the question is simply whether we can use the money to bolster the squad effectively if he goes, and I think it''s more likely, assuming the money would be available to re-spend, that we have a better chance of getting promotion without Redmond but with the money to spend, than if we stop him moving.  Just from past experience of players in that situation.

[quote user="Buh"]I like to think of highland canary as living in a shack in the toughest highland. 1 days trek from civilisation. He lives on a diet of boiled snow and snared rabbits. He''s part of some research team gathering evidence of some obscure scientific phoenomenon but his job is simply to watch the dials and make sure nothing goes wrong. His internet is sketchy at least. He''s basically sending telegraphs at this point. The wind outside howls all day and the mountain goats he can see from the single panes windows are looking more and more appealing.

At night, he hears noises. They whisper awful truths to him.

We are his last link to civilisation and without us the slight grip he has on reality is going to evaporate.[/quote]I think Highland is an old desktop PC running Windows 95, programed to send wailing ''n whining  ''n whingeing ''n whimpering posts on to this site (the software is perfectly matched), at regular intervals.I mean, it has to be a machine, because no human being could be that miserable could they?

If we unplug highland canary he''ll start singing

"Daisy

Daaaaiiiisyyyy

Giiiiiiiveeee meeee

Yourrrr annnnnsweerrrrr"

[quote user="Highland Canary"]And there''s me thinking I''m living in the fine city that is Norwich. How our realities must differ.[/quote]
Well, at least you''re positive about something! [:)]

Next season has to be about getting back again after just the one year out. The sums involved dwarf the fee we''d get for Redmond. So if, and its a big if, AN feels he can get Redmond firing on all cylinders for us I would be tempted to hold. I think we are much stronger with him and we need our best weapons. I would rather lose a few quid on Redmond next summer and give it our best shot than start asset stripping and risk that fast return.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-Nathan-Redmond-needs-play-good-team/story-29366799-detail/story.html?

Sorry I''m not sure how to hyperlink.

Apparently Eadie says that a future away from Norwich is the best thing for Redmond.

If Eadie says that, he should stay here.

Some of the stuff Eadie says sometimes are just laughable, sorry but the bloke is clueless.