Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Redmond rejects new Canaries deal

Can''t say I blame him, he knows this club is going nowhere this coming season also AN and his 2 so called coaches offer nothing and have messed him about most of last season

Amazing how he does it for England

[quote user="daly"]Can''t say I blame him, he knows this club is going nowhere this coming season also AN and his 2 so called coaches offer nothing and have messed him about most of last season Amazing how he does it for England[/quote]

You''re becoming this message boards version of the Westboro Baptists Church.

Can you try and inject some punctuation so your negativity is at least readable?

Also, England U21 is quite different to the senior squad isn''t it?

I always thought this was likely to happen if we went down so not too shocked. He does prove the worth in investing in young players on the rise though- even with two relegations on his CV he''ll easily break our record for biggest transfer fee received.

While I don''t agree with Daly it is also clear he wasn''t really trusted by AN- he always seemed to be the first to be dropped if we had a poor performance and it must have been frustrating watching Neil play people like Howson and Jarvis above him.

There was never any chance that we would see him again in yellow and green after relegation. Even had we stayed up it seems very likely he would have gone.£12-15 million minimum IMO

There''s a massive difference in u21 and ''proper'' football - you have to be a complete plank not to realise this fact. The game is absolutely full of ''great'' players for England at u21 level who have had little or no impact in the PL (eg Lansbury had something like 20 caps). For me Redmond is still far too hot and cold, but IMO will probably feel he''s done his stint with us and will join another lower PL side, we just need to hold out for as good a fee as we can.

Doubt we will get anything over £10 million , whatever you think of Redmond its still our best player and only goal threat gone .

£12-15 million and i will wish him all the best. This coming season his contract would have run out and could we risk him leaving and having his fee imposed on us by a tribunal due to his age ?

Bad news day. Not unexpected. He would be silly rejecting the chance to play Premier League football and to get Premier League wages.

Stoke not his best choice, IMO, but they finished well last season and Hughes is a wily manager. It is nearer Birmingham as well.

I agree, he was messed around too much last season. In out, in out shake it all about.

I would have expected him to do even better for us in the coming Championship campaign than he did in the last and see this as a dent in our chances of a quick return.

How big a dent depends upon just how the money is used and it should amount to at least £12m into our transfer kitty. We have to consider Birmingham City''s cut as well.

Good luck Nathan, you''ve had some fabulous moments playing for NCFC, but now you deserve better.

i was told this at the end of the season by someone at the club

as soon as the matches / training was over he was either off to london or home to birmingham

i think a move to stoke would suit him

close to birmingham , i can not see any higher clubs buying him

be interesting to see how he plays next season under a different manager

It was inevitable, we all knew Redders would be the first out the door, so the quicker its done and dusted the better, but looks like it could hang quite awhile until the CEO situation is  cleared up.He will go for 10 million, with Birmingham receiving around 1.5 mill. so City should actually get about 8.5 mill, which i hope will be reinvested on new players.

[quote user="Essjayess"] the quicker its done and dusted the better, but looks like it could hang quite awhile until the CEO situation is  cleared up.

[/quote]There is life at NCFC after McNally you know ? Do you seriously think nothing will take place with regard to signings and those leaving until a new CEO is in place ? McNally was just one seat on that awful Football Board and we might just now find that a few more agents and players will deal with us.

He''s garbage let''s face it. So much promise but flatters to deceive. I never understand all the hype. Has barely improved since he''s been here. If we get good money for him then let him go. He will never do any good. He has had probably 5 good games since we signed him.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Essjayess"] the quicker its done and dusted the better, but looks like it could hang quite awhile until the CEO situation is  cleared up.

[/quote]There is life at NCFC after McNally you know ? Do you seriously think nothing will take place with regard to signings and those leaving until a new CEO is in place ? McNally was just one seat on that awful Football Board and we might just now find that a few more agents and players will deal with us.[/quote]I was just going by what the Mirror report said TIL, that the deals on hold until the NCFC  boardroom mess is cleared up, their words not mine.

[quote user="coops"]He''s garbage let''s face it. So much promise but flatters to deceive. I never understand all the hype. Has barely improved since he''s been here. If we get good money for him then let him go. He will never do any good. He has had probably 5 good games since we signed him.[/quote]

Garbage? I didn''t think that the binners had US fans.

Alex Neil and the Ballsmeister have both said a structure is already in place to allow contract dealings and transfers to happen ASAP.

I am also quite sure Remind could both be on holiday and rejecting a new contract offer due to this thing called mobile technology.

I''ve been told that the stories about the clubs finances are true so don''t expect the fee to be ploughed back into the team

If he was a Newcastle or Villa player and had performed for them exactly as he has for us they''d be looking at 15 million plus. The 8-10 million suggestions are insulting to be honest, why on earth do the media think we''d accept that price for him? I know we''re a bit obscure but we''re not fu(king Yeovil!

No big surprise is it?

He''s fulfilled what''s expected from a young starlet. Some game changing performances. Some invisible appearances. Selling him on for a healthy profit ... although I think the final figure will be £7-9m in reality.

Let''s see who we sign to fill his shoes.

I''m sure they will be some but evidently the accounts when they come out will not look good

PL clubs have just recieved 33% more finance this year. All other selling clubs will be jacking up their prices accordingly. 8 Million, 4 years ago would have been about right. Since then PL income has pretty much doubled making the 8 million being banded about even more ridiculous.

It doesn''t matter what we think of him, he''s young, English, has plenty of experience, his best years ahead of him, is at a debt free club with no need to sell and he''s highly rated in professional circles. Irrespective of how inconsistant he''s been for us ( and remember our lack of mainstream exposure means most people aren''t aware how flaky he actually is) he''s easily a 15 Million player in today''s market.

I don''t know, we will have to wait and see but I''ve heard this from 2 ''in the know'' people now. If true I wouldn''t be expecting the club to be spending millions in the coming window